IGNORED

Club Upgrade

I am looking to upgrade my irons and wedges. Currently hitting the Nike VR Pro Cavity 4-PW. Not trying to spend $1000. What can I upgrade to that’s comparable but maybe a bit better feel

1 hour ago, F5Golf said:

I am looking to upgrade my irons and wedges. Currently hitting the Nike VR Pro Cavity 4-PW. Not trying to spend $1000. What can I upgrade to that’s comparable but maybe a bit better feel

Well…as far as ‘feel’ that’s subjective and  difficult to answer for you. Mizuno irons are pretty notorious for having a great feel to them. I played the MP54’s and can attest to them being beautifully buttery. 

Do you prefer a thinner top line? Do you want to stick to cavity backs? I’m assuming you’re not looking for Game Improvement irons? Titleist irons may appeal to you and you could definitely get a used set under $1000. The T-series are pretty sweet. I played the Titleist MB690’s and they had a beautiful feel but of course those are muscle backs and have minimal forgiveness. 

TaylorMade P770/790…another option. Really I’d suggest you explore some that look appealing then go somewhere where you can hit them and see what you think. Cheers!🙂

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Let me tell you something, those Nikes are GREAT clubs.  The VR pro line is very much sought after.  You’ll be hard pressed to find anything that feels better.  Mizuno makes some on piece irons and might be a good place to start looking.  Don’t know your skill level but what you have now would be played by scratch golfers as well as 20 handicaps.  Taylormade p770 and 790 will get you a little more distance but the feel/sound will be clicky in comparison.  Check out Ping G and I series… can’t go wrong there either but keep in mind, if you want the same feel, you’re going to have to look for a one piece head.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades