IGNORED

Skycaddie or GolfLogix

Note: This thread is 5762 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Skycaddie or Golflogix

• Skycaddie
    • Golflogix

I have no idea why somebody would get a GPS over a laser range finder. Laser range finders are easier to use, more accurate, last about 40 rounds on a battery. What is the advantage in a GPS?

What's in the bag
Driver: FTI
3W: 15 Degree
2H: X
4I-7I: X-188I, 9I, PW: X-Forged52 Deg: Vokey Oil Can, all rusted out56 Deg: Vokey, Chrome 60 Deg: Black PearlPutter: Catalina Two

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I own an SG3 and haven't tried any of the others.

Some thoughts on the SG3:

It speeds up my play by giving me a distance. I don't look at yardage markers unless they are at my feet.

I cannot judge depth and distance very well.

It does get out of sync by 5 or so yards every now and then. But, that's not that big a deal to me. I can lose 5 yards via many other ways. If it gets out of sync, it's usually only for a shot. It can lose signalling often on very overcast/rainy days.

I use Energizer rechargables and get about 2.5 4 hour rounds out of a charge.

It only holds 10 courses at one time. Again, not a big deal to me.

In my bag:

Driver: 907d2
Fairway: R7 ti 5-Wood
Hybrids: 909H 21 Rescue 4Irons: KZG Forged Evolution 5 - PW w/Rifle 6.0 shaftWedges: 52 Rac & Vokey 58Putter: Studio Select 2Ball: Titleist ProV1xEyes: SG5

I have no idea why somebody would get a GPS over a laser range finder. Laser range finders are easier to use, more accurate, last about 40 rounds on a battery. What is the advantage in a GPS?

I've tried the LRF and prefer the GPS. I can just glance at the cart-mounted GPS and know distances to front, middle and back of green.

All the courses I play have either a flag system or pin placement that I have already been notified of. I make a judgement call with this info (yes, my judgement is sometimes suspect). I don't know that being accurate by a few more yards is worth pulling out the LRF. However, I like the idea of batteries lasting for quite a while.

In my bag:

Driver: 907d2
Fairway: R7 ti 5-Wood
Hybrids: 909H 21 Rescue 4Irons: KZG Forged Evolution 5 - PW w/Rifle 6.0 shaftWedges: 52 Rac & Vokey 58Putter: Studio Select 2Ball: Titleist ProV1xEyes: SG5

I just keep the laser range finder in the pocket when i play. I have a small one, so it fits in the back pocket. Not a big deal to pull it out.

What's in the bag
Driver: FTI
3W: 15 Degree
2H: X
4I-7I: X-188I, 9I, PW: X-Forged52 Deg: Vokey Oil Can, all rusted out56 Deg: Vokey, Chrome 60 Deg: Black PearlPutter: Catalina Two

Laser range finders are nice, but I've used them and prefer the GPS for many reasons. I don't agree that they're easier to use. GPS you walk up and take a glance to get yardages. With a laser, you have to have a pretty steady hand, and sometimes (at least the few times I've used them) you can pick up a tree or whatever instead of the pin. That's not even counting the blind shots that happen frequently on the courses I play..or amongst the trees (yeah I know...can't get a reading from there, stop hitting it there!

) And honestly, while they very well be more accurate, me being they handicap I am...that 1-2 yds more accurate they are isn't going to be a make or break point for me. Both indeed have their advantages and disadvantages...and I haven't bought anything yet. My mind may change to a range finder by the time I plunk down the money

WHAT'S IN MY BAG

Driver: TaylorMade RBZ 9.5 degree; 3-Wood: TaylorMade RBZ 15 degree; Hybrids: TaylorMade RBZ 19 degree; Irons: Titleist AP1; Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54/60; Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Fastback; Ball: Callaway Hex Chrome+  Grips:  PURE Pro

I use golfGuru.

No annual fees, $200+ on ebay (new). Good software. About 6,000 course. They generally build a course in 4-6 days if needed.

Excellent gps. I have never lost a signal while on the course. Just walking around viewing the gps stats, I am getting 8-11 satellites all the time.

Great tool. Continuous display of distance to center, distance to front, center, back along the line from your current position (like iGreen ) OR distance to various targets on the fairway. It marks and tracks shot distances. Displays distance all the way onto the green. It even tracks scoring for one player. Only significant issue is it is in B/W. But then again it is not a GameBoy.

The course maps are really accurate. Never any significant discrepancies. In fact it have been better than some course markers. Great for resort courses where the hole distance varies a lot.

You can map your own course (30 targets per hole?) including the perimeter of the green. Most others only allow the mapping of 3 points per green. Now you can add targets to the company mapped courses.

It has been really great. With continuous readout, no time required to get the distance. The front - center - back along the line you are facing to the green is very good. Great even from 10 yd. Great when you have no line of sight.
Michael Krolewski

In the Bag Boy Revolver Pro on a Clicgear 2.0 cart:
Acer Mantara XL Driver 10.5
Acer Mantara S.S 3 Wood; 3DX DC 15* Hybrid (3w/1h); 3DX DC 17* Hybrid (4w/2h); Acer XP905 Ti Hollow Core WS 4-9i; cg14 48* 2dot; cg14 54* 1dot; cg14 60* 1dot

i just bought a golflogix 8 today
i ordered it through them because they have the 6 month pay plan
$49.95 a month billed on your CC plus you get 30 days to try it out
and if you dont like it just send it back for a full refund

driver & woods
fatshaft II irons
588 wedges
putter
tour ix ball gps

I did too! I was pretty happy with setting it up. It only took me 20 minutes to download the software and install everything and find my courses and load them up. I'll test it this weekend.

Where does one go to get this 6 month pay plan? I don't see it on the Golflogix website, but I would like to know how to go about getting it.

just call them and tell them that you saw their infomercial on the golf channel

and you would like the 6 pay plan

driver & woods
fatshaft II irons
588 wedges
putter
tour ix ball gps

I just picked up an SG4 from a guy on Ebay that sells them for $284.00 including the shipping. It works perfectly. It was nice to know what the acutal yardage was and then just be able to go ahead and try to make a decent swing.

just call them and tell them that you saw their infomercial on the golf channel

Is this the same number listed on their website (about us tab) or do they have another number they publish in the infomercial?

Regards,
Spyder

In the 07' R7 stand bag R7 425 9.5* Proforce 65 V2 (s) R7 Ti 3 wood ReAx (s) R7 draw rescue 19* ReAx (s) R7 TP irons 4-pw DG-S300 TP black RAC wedges: 52/8, 56/12, 60/6 F2 Hamilton HM4 or Scotty Cameron Red X2 cs Nike One platinum GolfLogix GPS8

I had emailed Golflogix when I previously posted and they promptly replied.

"Thank you for your recent inquiry! Our online store does not offer the
payment plan option. However, if you call 1-800-663-4105 our customer
service would be happy to help you process your order using payments of just
$49.95. Please let me know if you have any additional questions."

Obviously they realize how important customer service is, and anymore, that is worth paying a little more for versus just getting a great price. I know the Golflogix is $50 or so more than the Skycaddie 2.5, but if something happens and I need help, that $50 saved doesn't do me squat.

Now if I can just justify a GPS, I'll get one. Everyone that I talk to that has used one says they don't know how they golfed without it, but for some reason justifying it is hard for me. But man I sure want one.

Many thanks for the info.

I think I've decided on the Golflogix. I like the intelligreen feature on the Sky models, but in everyday play I don't think that would really be very usefull to me in the long run. Plus I like the simplicity and good reviews of the Golflogix unit. The one thing I find missing and most anoying on most of the courses I play is distance information to hazards (ie water) or end of fairway from the tee.

I'm curious to see if there are any distances or marker points on dogleg holes, such as 'center of turn' or 'through fairway'. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Regards,
Spyder

In the 07' R7 stand bag R7 425 9.5* Proforce 65 V2 (s) R7 Ti 3 wood ReAx (s) R7 draw rescue 19* ReAx (s) R7 TP irons 4-pw DG-S300 TP black RAC wedges: 52/8, 56/12, 60/6 F2 Hamilton HM4 or Scotty Cameron Red X2 cs Nike One platinum GolfLogix GPS8

Got a skycaddie sg5 and i love it. Everyone i know is always calling to borrow it. The screen is in color and easy to read.

i can figure my avg drive distances using the ball mark feature.

It has different veiws that u can select depending on how u wanna c the course, It tells my good layup spots and distances to carry hazards all on one screen.

dont know if its waterproof or not but dont know if my cellphone is either. Its not hard to keep things from gettin wet.

Played 5 rounds with it and the batteries only halfway down. And it fully recharges in about 20 minutes

Ive been out on a cloudy day and it hasnt given me a problem yet. it does take a minute to start up, but u just start it up in parking lot or clubhouse or range and itll be ready for you on the first tee.

If the commitment is not there, it's time to walk away -Larry Flynt-

I have the Igolf Neo and am personally extremely happy with it. It was $139.00 and the membership is $34.99 for 100 courses, which you get to keep after your membership expires.

Just my two cents

Note: This thread is 5762 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!