IGNORED

Another newb from small town Arkansas

Machwon
Note: This thread is 5822 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey everyone,

I just came across this site a day or two ago and had to join. Definately seems like one of the better golf forums out there. Anyways, i'm just really getting into and enjoying golf over the last year or two and am looking to improve everything about my game.
905R 10.5º UST V2
980f 15º Aldila NV
585h 19º Aldila NV
AP2 3-PW DG S-300
Vokey 52º~58ºSM DG Wedge FlexBlack 9iSG4

Hi, welcome to the forum. Have fun and hope to see you around on the message boards!
Whats in the bag:

Driver: Nike Ignite 460cc 10.5* Fujikura Ignite reg flex
Fairway woods: Howson tour master power series 3,5 woods
Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

Good to see another Arkansan on the board. Alot of good info on here. Welcome.
Driver - Nike Sumo2 5900 10.5
Hybrids (1,2,3) - Nickent Genex 3DX
Irons (4-PW) - Wilson Staff Di5
Wedges (52*,56*) - Wilson Staff TW7
Putter - Odyssey White Hot XG #9

Thanks for the welcome guys! Maybe we'll cross paths sometime, Will. Where do you usually play?
905R 10.5º UST V2
980f 15º Aldila NV
585h 19º Aldila NV
AP2 3-PW DG S-300

Thanks for the welcome guys! Maybe we'll cross paths sometime, Will. Where do you usually play?

I live in Jonesboro and mostly play at Rolling Hills in Pocahontas or Fox Hills in Paragould. Aside from Sage Meadows here in town, and the course in Brookland, there arent alot of public/semi private options around here.

Welcome. Another Arkansas guy here. What city?

In my Arkansas Razorbacks stand bag:

Driver:SasQuatch SUMO2 9.5°

2 hybrid 16° 3, 4 hybrid 3DX5-PW: Tour Pro ComboWedges: 52°, 56°, 60° spin milled Putter: Circa '62 No. 1 ; Newport Tel 3 LongNeck ; Newport 2 ButtonBack LTDBalls: ProV1

Ive heard of Sage Meadows, Will. Work with a guy that used to live in that area. I stay in Searcy, just up the road from Sherwood. I was down there yesterday at golfheadquarters.
905R 10.5º UST V2
980f 15º Aldila NV
585h 19º Aldila NV
AP2 3-PW DG S-300

I cant really speak for how the golfing is in Alaska - AK, but the golfing here in Arkansas - AR, is pretty good. Improving all the time. Id love to put in a 18 hole public course here locally as there just arent alot of options here, but once you get down toward Little Rock or toward Fayetteville alot more options are available.

I'm a NWArkansan myself. I'm all the way up in Bella Vista, working. Some great courses up here, which is why I decided to learn to play. I'm still a beginner but I'm lovin' it.

Welcome.

10.5* Driver (don't really ever use it)
3w, 5w
23* hybrid
5i through PW, SW
60* Wedge.....................................................................mellojoe

Ive heard of Sage Meadows, Will. Work with a guy that used to live in that area. I stay in Searcy, just up the road from Sherwood. I was down there yesterday at golfheadquarters.

Ive been down to Searcy quite a few times. Knew a couple people that went to Harding and had a cousin who was on the football team there maybe 7 years ago. Ive never played any courses around there though.

I dont really understand why there arent more 18 hole offerings around here. Between Jonesboro, Paragould and Walnut Ridge/Hoxie theres probly over 100k residents in this area, and 4 18 hole courses that I know of: Jonesboro CC, Paragould CC (both of which are member only of course), Sage Meadows and Rolling Hills in Pocahontas.

How is the golfing out there in AK? Welcome to the boards.

Thanks, the golf in Ar isn't bad. I have about a dozen or so courses within 45 minutes of Searcy I can play. We have two local to Searcy courses, but like to travel to better courses (the second local course is nice but private). A few of them are ranked on http://www.naturalstategolftrail.com .
905R 10.5º UST V2
980f 15º Aldila NV
585h 19º Aldila NV
AP2 3-PW DG S-300

Ive been down to Searcy quite a few times. Knew a couple people that went to Harding and had a cousin who was on the football team there maybe 7 years ago. Ive never played any courses around there though.

Hah..Harding, im glad the school year is out. It seems like the city's population was cut in half in the last week or two. I know what you mean. You dont have a long drive to Memphis and some of the courses that way though. I guess being here im close to some of the resort courses near Greers Ferry and others closer to Little Rock. I would join at River Oaks here locally but that place stays too busy.
905R 10.5º UST V2
980f 15º Aldila NV
585h 19º Aldila NV
AP2 3-PW DG S-300

Hey guys, I'm from Fort Smith Arkansas myself. Just got a complete golf set today and can't wait to go play with my dad this Thursday at Ben Garen. I've just recently started this year and probably been out 10 times or so. Went to the Fort Smith classic and really learned a lot watching people. Glad to see there are so many people from Arkansas here.

cheers!

I know what you mean. You dont have a long drive to Memphis and some of the courses that way though. I guess being here im close to some of the resort courses near Greers Ferry and others closer to Little Rock. I would join at River Oaks here locally but that place stays too busy.

Yeah, Ive been meaning to get over to Blytheville to play that new Thunder Bayou course but havent made it yet. Its supposedly pretty good.

I just wish I had a couple good 20 minute or so 18 hole options to replace the hour options I have now. Eventually Im hoping to move out to Sage Meadows though and Ill just join up there and play whenever.

Note: This thread is 5822 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!