IGNORED

Ever had one of those holes 10 on a par 4 !!!

kregan
Note: This thread is 5826 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Last year I was playing a par 4 and I shot a 12

#1 Hit a fade 3 wood into some trees
#2 Actually hit a good shoot #3 hybrid 5 yards short of the green
#3 Burned a sand wedge over the green
#4 Chipped back over the green by the same spot of my second shot
#5 Chipped over the green even farther
#6 Chipped into the green side bunker
#7 Blasted one out by a tree 15 yards away from the green
#8 Chunked a chip just short of the green
#9 Finally got it on the green 35 feet away
#10,11,12 3 putted.

Back then sand wedge was my only wedge, and i couldn't chip to save my life, but through practice, chipping is now the best part of my game next to short irons.
In the Bag:

Driver 10.5 r7 460 ti Reax regular shaft
3 Wood 15.5 LD F Speed Aldila NV stiff shaft
Hybrids 19 Tour Burner Rescue Reax stiff shaft. 21 degree torch series saber shaftIrons Sliver Scot 4-pw Rifle 5.0 shaftsSand Wedge 56 Degree Cg10 Black pearl finish 2 dotLob Wedge 60...

Happens to everyone - this was mine on Saturday, par 5 about 490 with sharp dog leg right at about 220.
1 - Perfect hybrid about 200 just before the dog leg
2 - Hit what I thought was a very good 7 iron cutting the corner
3 & 4 - Couldn't find the damned ball, went back and played 4, foolishly tried to hit 3 wood into the green, pulled it left and short
5 - wedge into front bunker
6 - thinned it into opposite bunker
7 - onto green
8 & 9 2 putts.

Bad course management by me, why I didn't stick with the original 7 iron I'll never know.

In my bag
Driver - R7 CGB Max 9.5 Stiff
3W - R580 Stiff
Irons - MX-25 4-PW Project X 5.5
Hybrid - Halo 3iWedges - 52 & 60 Vokey Oil CanPutter - Studio Style Newport

Bad holes aren't all bad, at least you remember them forever...:)

My draw is your cut.

My bag-
Driver- Callaway X460 Tour. 9.5 degree, Fujikura stiff.
3-Wood- Taylor Made V-SteelUtility- Nickent 3DX 17 degreeIrons (3-PW) Ping S59'sWedges Cleveland 900 series 58 degree, Titleist Vokey 54 degree SWPutter- Scotty Cameron Circa #2Ball- Taylor Made Tour Red

I've been golfing seriously for a few weeks, and played about 10 rounds in my life. I've never made par (yet) on a par 4. I've bogied and double bogied but never par. I did finally make par on a short downhill par 3 the other day...made my day to hit the green in one :)

In my Warbird Hot:
Driver: Burner 10.5* Reg Flex
3 Wood: Mercury Golf MR Jumbo 16*
Irons: X-20 4-AW
Putter: 33" Rossa FontanaShoes:Footjoy Contour

I had that hole just last week!

I hardly ever use my Driver, because I'm absymall with it. So, here we are on a long Par 4 and I say to myself... "Let's give it a shot".

#1) The ball flopped about five feet down and to the right off the slightly elevated tee box.
#2) Now, I'm standing on a downhill, so I grab my trusty 5-iron thinking "just get it back to the fairway, you'll only be one-stroke behind". I get all of it, sending it way beyond the fairway and off into the rough between some trees.
#3) Hit the tree.
#4) Get back to fairway, about 150 yards to go.
#5) Decent shot, leaving a short bit to the green.
#6) Pitching Wedge: off the toe. Ball rolls to within 2 feet of a water hazard well off the green. I'm thankful it didn't go in. I really didn't want to be adding strokes to this already bad hole.
#7) Pitching Wedge: get it onto the green.
#8) Squirelly putt, left me about 3 feet.
#9) Finally goes in.

I just silently crawled into the cart and we headed on to the next hole.

However, the very next hole (#9, I think) was beautiful. I got a solid drive to the right side of the fairway. My 7-iron lofted above a small tree and set it on the fringe right next to the green. Used my 7-iron like a putter and put it within about 4 feet or so. Putted in.

One of the worst holes followed by one of the best holes, ever. This silly game.

10.5* Driver (don't really ever use it)
3w, 5w
23* hybrid
5i through PW, SW
60* Wedge.....................................................................mellojoe

Oh, yes. worst is probably a 14 (out of bounds twice, water twice couple of Adolf Hitlers..the list goes on). But the most remarkable was in the Club Championship a couple of years ago. One of my playing partners recorded 18 on the third...he put it in the greenside water SIX times, nearly hit it out of bounds, chipped back and two putted. He should have been disqualified from the competition because, when we were recounting the tale afterwards, we realised he'd had 19 because his first shot into the water was actually his third, not his second (if that makes sense). He'd been aiming for a gap in a chestnut tree that was no bigger than the span of your hand (the gap, not the tree. It was a big blighter).
Having got the third out of the way, we proceeded to the fourth, a 160-yard par three to a shallow green with water in front.
He took 14.
First shot: splash!
from the drop zone: splash!
splash!
splash!
splash!
splash!
then he got it five feet from the pin and rolled it in, sweet as you like.

He was congratulated on his persistence and awarded a bag of lake balls.
We two playing with him got nothing for having to put up with that performance...

But we still talk about it today. Not as much as his experience last Friday night when he was being ridden like a horse on the club dance floor by one of the classy birds we picked up on a golf trip but that's fresher in the memory...

I'll never forget it. Club Championship, several years ago. I had a 3 stroke lead with 5 holes to go. Short Par 4.

1) Nice drive, 105 to the hole
2) slight bladed wedge, trickles into a bunker behind the hole
3) catch the ball on a crappy lie, over everything, back to the rough next to the fairway
4) fluff a wedge into the front right bunker
5) leave the shot in the bunker
6) get it out, but still in the greenside rough
7) chip to 8 feet
8) putt
9) putt
10) putt

Finished second by 2 shots...

That took a LONG time to get over.

Golfunit

In the Bag:

Driver: FT-5 10° Speeder 652 Stiff4-Wood: Taylor Made V-Steel Regular 14.5ºHybrids: Taylor Made Mid 19º and 22ºIrons 4-W MP-60 DG S300Wedges: MP-T 51°06 and 56°10Putter: Red-X

I'm sure most of us on here have these type of holes but the key is to get them out of your mind, I was playing a 9hole vs a 15 handicap although he was having a nightmare - slicing drives, I was winning by 3 shots then came a par 3 17th hole - I rolled in for a 9, OB tee shot, then again, bunker, bunker - bunker and poor putting(was fuming) back to even and he beat me by 2 shots on the 18th.

That was last summer when I was still getting into the game but I've said to myself that what really killed me was the double bogey on the 289 par 4 last hole and I think alot of it had to me thinking back to the 17th hole and my bad hole.

I've played 5 times or so this season and the highest I've scored is a 8 on a par 5. I think a huge reason I've improved my scores is to do with the mental side of the game, forget about this double bogeys and focus on getting those shots in the hole for the next one

I was in a tournament once in the mid 1990's and hit my first 3 shots OB on the first hole (with an audience). I then hit my 7th shot into the middle of the fairway, 8th shot to the center of the green, and two putted for a crowd pleasing 10.

I was around a 5 handicap at the time too, as were my playing partners. I was quite embarrassed.

What's in the bag
Driver: FTI
3W: 15 Degree
2H: X
4I-7I: X-188I, 9I, PW: X-Forged52 Deg: Vokey Oil Can, all rusted out56 Deg: Vokey, Chrome 60 Deg: Black PearlPutter: Catalina Two

My man with 32 in two holes was then playing off 18...he now plays off 12. He broke a greenhouse last weekend (duffed shot, then hit it off the course), so there's still some work to do with his temperament but, once it's behind him, he laughs about it and tells stories against himself.

It usually happens once a round. A couple of weeks ago I was sitting even after 4 holes (which is good for me). Get up on a par 5 and managed to squeak out a 12. Nothing hurts your game more than going from even after 4 to plus 7 after 5 with the hardest hole on the course comeing up next. I was lucky to break 100 that round.

Note: This thread is 5826 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!