IGNORED

Golf is a game of right now

golf_junkie27
Note: This thread is 5844 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been watching the AT&T; Classic and Kenny Perry is near the top of the leaderboard. So many times we hear about how one bad shot ruins a round or how a total collapse can put you in a funk. Here's Kenny, who shot an 81 last Sunday, destroying his chances of winning the Players and he's got a great chance of winning this week's tournament.

For the better player's, what is your mindset against negativity? How do you approach playing a round of golf? What expectations do you have?

I don't want to know about recovering from a bad shot. That's already been covered. The negativity I'm talking about is the feeling you get when you think it's not your day, when the course does not suit your eye, when good shots don't react like they normally do.

How do you overcome these moments to still play well and shoot low?

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

Great post, I know for me personally, I try to completely focus and commit to every shot. I think I do a really good job of relaxing and keeping my feelings in check. If I hit a bad shot, or have a bad round, I really try to put it out of my mind and focus on whats next.

What I play

Driver: 907D2
Wood:960 15*

5 Wood: 960 18*

Irons: Titleist 735 Cm 3-PW

Wedges: CG16 60* and 52*

Putter: Nike Method

Dont know if i'm considered a better player or not:

For me, its about sleep the last night, how Loose I am, and how confident I feel that day.

Every round I go out to shoot my personal best score. One double bogey can kill me. For me, my whole round depends on my first hole score. I don't know why, thats just how it goes for me.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

yea thats usually how I am. Although today I bogeyed the first hole and shot 39, but yesterday I birdied the first hole and ended up with an ugly 43

Callaway FT-9 Tour 9.5* with Prolaunch Blue S| Adams InSight XTD A3 15* FW | Adams IDEA a3 hybrid irons | Callaway 52* X-Tour Forged wedge | Titleist Bob Vokey SM56* | PING Day putter

Favorite Ball: Srixon Z Star X

Home Course: Majestic Pines GCage: 16

Expectations? none.

Took a triple bogey on the first hole (of 36) of a coure i've never played las Sunday. Finished +5 for the round, and +6 for round 2 (another triple, though on the 14th). Got cut 0.1 off my handicap - a good day at the office.

I try to go out with an "I-don't-care" attitude - no expectations. Relax, take it easy, smell the flowers, enjoy the company and the course. That's just me - I'm just an ordinary amateur.

At Kenny Perry's level - it's a profession. One bad round jumps up and snaps you every now and then. Golf psychologists have a lot to do with it - but even before them, the top players had "belief" - a bad hole would be followed by a birdie. Having a swing you can trust 100% is one reason why these guys are up there consistantly too.

After a bad hole - don't ask....what if? Ask yourself - what can I do now?

WEAPONS:
Taylormade R9 10.5 L Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 15 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 19 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade Tour Preferred 4-PW KBS Tour X-Stiff Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 51Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 55Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 59Yes! Tracy II putterTitleist...

When I find out I'll tell you, atm its my mind set that's stopping me from getting lower.

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

Note: This thread is 5844 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!