IGNORED

Baseball and Golf

rookie27
Note: This thread is 5822 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I played baseball from 4 years old through high school, batting left handed, and around the age of 13 picked up the game of golf. However, my dad is right handed and I began golfing right handed because I adopted his old clubs. I felt like it would be a good move to golf RH/bat LH so the two swings wouldn't mess each other up.

In high school I wasnt serious about golf but I was prob a 15 handicap. Since quitting competitive baseball and taking up golf seriously im down to about a 6.

One interesting thing that I experienced with the two separate swings was this winter when I began taking my first ever golf lessons. I had trouble not transfering my weight, and upon watching video of my golf swing, my lower body looked nearly the exact same as it did when I batted (my weight actually shifted slightly towards my left foot (my front foot for golf but my back foot for baseball), my left leg flexed, and my right leg straightened). Once I noticed the similarities, my instructor agreed that years of baseball was the cause. Luckily I was able to fix the weight transfer issue!

Best of luck getting into golf, like everyone else has said, you will benefit from taking the mechanics of batting and implementing them into your golf swing

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5* ($99 thanks to Dick's!)
3 Wood: 15* R7 steel
2 Hybrid: 17* 3DX DC
3 Hybrid: 20* 3DX DC
Irons: Tour Burner 4-AWWedges: 56* and 60* CG10Putter: Mid Sur cut to 34"; Karsten Craz E 35"Home Course: Olive Branch CC http://obcountryclub.com/

Note: This thread is 5822 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!