IGNORED

UST Proforce V2 high launch

Note: This thread is 5771 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

I went on a shaft hunting mission this weekend....

Since no one has and club with the xcon in stock I had to use the Callaway Optifit system to try the different shafts.

I tried both the Blue Board and the Xcon 6 in the store with a FT-5 9.5 head. I liked both shafts but I found that the xcon 6 had less misses to the left and it has less spin, not by much but it was less. So if it was between the Blue Board and the Xcon, I would take the Xcon.

Not being satisfied with just hitting the club indoors, I wanted to see how the club performed on the course. I have a friend who works @ one of the retailer here and he let me take a Callaway Optifit driver with an Ozik xcon 6 stiff shaft with an FT-5 head, it was the 10 deg head and not the 9.5 head. Yeah, the 10 is not the tour and so it's has a bit of closed face angle but 9.5 it too popular of a loft angle for it to allowed to go missing for a couple of days Besides, I only missed one drive to the left and it was a pull not a hook.

This was a great comparison to my 425 9.5 tp /w the UST V2 HL and although the heads aren't the exact same, I was more trying to see how the shaft was. The shaft (Xcon 6) is amazing, very smooth but lots of pop to it without the feeling of the sudden snap I would feel with the V2. Even though the head was 10deg on my demo the ball flight was better and the distance was longer, I don't know if that was because of the head or the shaft but the smooth action of the shaft let me swing free and the results showed it.

I am going in to yet another launch monitor session on Friday to test drive more shafts to see if my seat of my pants launch monitor is varified by the actual numbers. I think I am pretty much sold on the Ozik but I am still undecided on the flex and weight. The Xcon 6 felt very solid but not heavy so the weight should be ok. As for the flex though, I am not sure if the stiff is stiff enough, the strong flex might be better for me and the X I would think is too stiff.

I have given up the I-mix route since I figure once I find the combo that works for me, there is a very small chance I will be swapping head/shaft combos around...heck I haven't even moved my weights on my 425 head.

Last update for this shaft...I swapped it out on Fri.

I went to the launch monitor on Fri, here are the numbers I got with my stiff UST V2 High Launch on a TM 9.5 425 TP, stock weights in the stock positions.

110 average swing speed
170 average ball speed
~13.5 launch angle
~2400 back spin

I would highly recommend the UST V2 HL to anyone who had a little less swing speed then I do, maybe some one with right around 100mph, it would be perfect.

I went with the Ozik xcon 6...if anyone wants some info on that shaft give me a PM.

Note: This thread is 5771 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!