IGNORED

UST Proforce V2 high launch

Note:Β This thread is 5764 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

Well I think I have given in and finally decided to reshaft my driver.

I currently use an R7 425 TP with the stock stiff shaft and I think that the shaft just doesn't suite my swing very well, more importantly the tip was too stiff and the kick point was too high. I was fighting the shaft too much to get some more launch angle, which we all know only leads to the opposite.

I used to have an R7 425 with the stock stiff shaft but the non TP and I really liked the ball flight on that club. So I hope the V2 high launch will give me a similar ball flight but I hope the high launch isn't too high launch and too much spin and it baloon :(

Anyways, if anyone has any input/opinion on this shaft please post them up. The club is getting the treatment right now so it's too late to switch but just to hear how others who have played with it would be nice to hear.

I have a V2 stiff in my Titliest 907D2; when I first got it, I took it to the range and the first dozen balls I hit were all risers, I mean they got WAY up there, just balooning way up. But that was with range balls, playing prov1's and hx tours they were just right.

"You only live twice, this might be your second time."

907D2 8.5degree, UST V2 Stiff
F50 3wood
19degree rescue 3-pw Burner TP 56degree zip wedge, low bounce c56 putterI have PROV1's for sale, contact me!

Well after about a week with the new shaft, couple range sessions and round over the weekend and I think I am going in the right direction.

I think I am right at and maybe a little above the upper limit of the shaft in terms of flex strength. The location of flex is pretty good but the tip is too active for my liking, it feels a little out of control to me. It is still early and I think going from the stock TP shaft to the V2 HL is a drastic change and might take some time to get used to - I wonder if the normal V2, the non-HL would have a bit of a softer tip, probably.

If this shaft doesn't do it for me I am thinking of either the Epic or an Ozik Xcon 5 or 6. Any opinions on either of those shaft would be greatly appriciated. A few more rounds and some range time is still required before I make a decision, I will keep you all posted.

I had the normal Proforce V2 and it ballooned a lot on me. I would hit shots about 280 and sometimes i would get about 275 of carry and a bounce forward. Sometimes if i was uphill i would get a bounce backwards. It was a stiff flex and i have an above average swing speed(120 on avg.) and it may have been because i needed a stiffer flex of because my natural ball flight is a high trajectory. Well i got it reshafted and put in a Graffaloy Blue X flex and my ball flight is a lot lower.

Whats in my Warbird Hot Bad:

Driver: 907D1 9.5 - 65-S Aldila VS Proto --- FT-IQ coming soon?
2 Hybrid: Rescue mid-TP 16 deg
3 Hybrid: Rescue TP - HC Tour Only Model 19 deg - DG X-1004-PW: 695CB Irons - Project X 6.0Wedges Vokey SM58, Vokey SM54, Vokey 250Putter Futura PhantomWhere I WorkMy...

I'm not satisfied with my current driver's trajectory....too low.

I get a lot of run...I'm going to replace it but hang on to the club....it'll be a great windy weather driver.

Anyway....the point I wanted to make was that I'm very close to ordering a new driver with this V2 HL shaft in stiff flex. I think I'll love the change.

I've hit the older V2 stiff and it was an improvement over my current driver.....I think the HL will be the ticket for me.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

I'm not a big fan of the Proforce shafs. When I was deciding on a shaft for my FT5 I had one of the demo clubs with interchangeable shafts. Ultimately I've gone with Grafalloy ProLaunch with all my woods. The Proforce felt a little too stiff and a little too heavy.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

has anybody seen if there is a difference between the 65 and 75 UST Proforce High Launch? I kind of want a little heavier shaft after hitting a friends, but don't know if there is much of difference between the two.

Classic 290 10.5 Miyazaki C. Kua 43 R

Β AMP 15 Aldila RIP F

Β Baffler Rail H 17 & 22Β Fujikura Motore S

Β S2 Forged 5-GW Nippon NS Pro 900xh R

SM 54 & 58 Vokey Nippon 105T W

Β Studio Style Newport 1.5

• Administrator
has anybody seen if there is a difference between the 65 and 75 UST Proforce High Launch? I kind of want a little heavier shaft after hitting a friends, but don't know if there is much of difference between the two.

Isn't there an 11 gram difference? 65 grams versus 76 grams?

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Isn't there an 11 gram difference? 65 grams versus 76 grams?

Sorry, I meant a difference in ball flight, I would assume the heavier shaft would likely have a lower flight, but am curious to see if anyone has any experience with either shaft.

Classic 290 10.5 Miyazaki C. Kua 43 R

Β AMP 15 Aldila RIP F

Β Baffler Rail H 17 & 22Β Fujikura Motore S

Β S2 Forged 5-GW Nippon NS Pro 900xh R

SM 54 & 58 Vokey Nippon 105T W

Β Studio Style Newport 1.5

Sorry, I meant a difference in ball flight, I would assume the heavier shaft would likely have a lower flight, but am curious to see if anyone has any experience with either shaft.

I'm interested in hearing about experiences with both, too.

Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

My understanding was that the heavier shaft will give you more feel because you can feel more of the weight during the swing. I am not sure if the the ball flight is going to be any difference considering the stiffness profiles are identical between the 2 different weights.

Product Code Flex Weight Torque Launch Butt OD Butt Mid Tip Parallel Tip OD Length
6700 S 65 g 3.7 High 0.600 " 270 7.1 26 4.0" 0.335 " 46 "
7600 S 75 g 2.8 High 0.605 " 272 7.1 26 4.0" 0.335 " 46 "

My friend has a V2 high launch in his g10, it doesnt make much difference to my normal V2 in the mizuno driver.

INT Grom

MP600 - UST V2 STIFF SHAFT

PT906F2 UST V2 STIFF SHAFT RESCUE DUAL MP60 Irons CG12 Wedges Redwood Anser Black SatinITS ALL GOOD!! =]

James....I love your quote about the definition of insanity.

That is an old but true statement!!!!

to give an idea, hopefully. i used to play the Titleist 905s 8.5 degree with a Graffalloy Blue Stiff. It was perfect trajectory roll and length. But, from what I found over the years, titleist Drivers aren;t exactly the most forgiving drivers, so If I was struggling off the tee, the day was done.....I switched to the Taylormade r7 Superquad TP 9.5 degree because I had an original r7 TP that I missed. I ordered it with a Aldila Nv 65 X, It was great, but I just didn't get the distance I expected...so I switched it to a pro force V2 mid trajectory Stiff. I went from 265 yards pretty consistantly, to averaging on good days 280 - 310 dependent on the hole. It is the best overall head shaft combo I personally have ever played...

r11s TP 9Β Aldila RIP'd NVΒ 65 S
Burner Tour Launch TS 13 UST V2 S
TP Rescue 17 RE*AX TP85 H S
Tour Preferred Irons 3-AW Project X 5.5
Z Smoke TP Wedge 56/12 Project X 5.5Β 

Ghost Tour DA-12

Penta TP/Pro V1/Hex Black

Well another week of golf and it was a windy and rainy one.....

This realy showed the weakness of the shaft IMO. For me the ball had too much spin and I was hitting into any sort of headwind the ball would just balloon up or get knocked down.

The best combo I have hit was an FT5 with an Xcon5 in it and it was longer by 20yrds over any other head/shaft combo available to me when I went to the launch monitor. But that shaft is like $300 and I didn't really want to sink that kind of money into a shaft when I have a driver that is over 3 years old - I like new gear :)

For right now the shaft/club isn't costing me strokes anymore so I am going to keep it for now and maybe hand it down to one of my freinds next year, they love me because I switch gear so often they practically get their gear for free :)

It's the shortgame that is killing me these days. 10/14 faireways hit and 9 GIRs but with 34 (19/15) putts leads to 44 in the front and 38 in the back last Sunday :(

Played today at my club ( Scotscraig Golf Club ) and was typical Scottish weather 25 mph winds ...

Any way there are a few holes were hitting 3 wood is a safer option from the tee and all my tee shots into the wind went right thru it witha great flight and no balloning we all have the same shafts in our G10 3 woods and are all regular and we all hit them the same a great flight with a bit of role , have tried the aldila nv and nvs and didnt find them any better

steve

i'm a fan of the UST V2 or any other UST shafts. They look and feel better than other shafts out there and just have a professional quality to them that i love.

Note:Β This thread is 5764 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!