IGNORED

I forgot how to play

Note: This thread is 5823 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I forgot how to swing a club. I took like a week long break from playing and i went to the driving range yesterday and couldnt hit the ball straight to save my life. I figured it was just me being stressed, so i went to the University course today and played like crap again... quit after 3 holes.

what the crap, has this happened to anybody else ever?
I just dont even slightly recall how to swing correctly.

Its shouldnt be anything big. I've had this happen to me a few times and i went for an "emergency" lesson and the pro said you are doing this one thing wrong. And he corrected it and i was fine. Just start slow and rethink about your swing and where you feel like you are going wrong and you should get it. If not get someone to look at your swing at the range and they might have a tip.

Whats in my Warbird Hot Bad:

Driver: 907D1 9.5 - 65-S Aldila VS Proto --- FT-IQ coming soon?
2 Hybrid: Rescue mid-TP 16 deg
3 Hybrid: Rescue TP - HC Tour Only Model 19 deg - DG X-1004-PW: 695CB Irons - Project X 6.0Wedges Vokey SM58, Vokey SM54, Vokey 250Putter Futura PhantomWhere I WorkMy...

Nothing to worry about, happens every now and then like catching a cold. A week ago I flat out couldn't hit my driver, now I'm crushing it. I could be stress, attitude, a slight injury or weak area of the body, everyone gets in a funk from time to time.

Try these tips:

An aggressive swing on a conservative line
Try and swing at 85% capacity
Let the swing pull your head up, don't lift it up too soon
Stay down on the shot
When you grip the club, flex your hand and arm muscles real tight and see if that is twisting the club face in some way, then adjust grip.
When the basics are solid the swing is going to come around one way or another.

Good luck!

2009 Burner R
FT-I Fusion Squareway 3W 15* Fujikura Speeder Fit-On R
5W R7 R
FT Fusion Hybrids Draw 3/21*, 4/24*
G5 5-PW X-forged Vintage: 52.12, 56.14MDScotty Cameron: Newport 2 ProV1

Note: This thread is 5823 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!