IGNORED

What do you think of this ball?

Note: This thread is 5801 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi all,

Need to buy some new balls, preferably cheap as I'm still losing a lot, although I'd like to buy new this time to see if I get better results. I'm looking at some Nike Power Distance Super Far balls. I can get 24 for £15. My questions are, does anyone have any comments about these balls/anyone used them? and is this a good deal?

In my opinion, I don't think I can go far wrong for under £1 a ball. They are also top-selling on the website they are on.

Cheers,
James

In my bag:
Driver: G10 10.5 TFC 129 Shaft
3 wood: R7 Steel
Hybrid: 585H 21 Degree
Irons 3-PW: 735.CMWedges: Vokey 52.08, 56.14Putter: White Hot XG #5

If you're not looking for something that spins, or is soft, then honestly, all the 'rocks' (as I call them) seem pretty equal. Go with whatever is cheapest until your game is where you feel the need to 'feel' the ball, etc...

Anything in the <$1 or <£1 a ball is prob good.

Early in the year for the first few rounds when the ground is sloppy in the Northeast US, and I have no idea where the ball may go, I use a Top Flite or Precept.... both in that same price range, and I don't really notice a difference.

In the Titleist bag on the ClicGear 2.0:

PILOT: Titleist 910 D2 Axivore Tour Red

3 WOOD: Callaway 3-Deep 13*

Hybrid: TaylorMade RBZ 22*

IRONS 3-PW: Mizuno MP-32

WEDGES: Vokey TVD 54* SM5 58*K

PUTTER: Rife 2-Bar Blade

BALL: Penta 5

These preform excellent and the price is such that it doesn't hurt to lose them.

Blog Internetz | Twitter | Rolling Knolls
----
Super LoCo 457cc 10*
Tight Lies 16* & 13*
Recovery 21* Pure Distance 4-PW Diadic 52* and raw 588 60* Anser 4 blade U-Tri Tour

Precept Laddie Extreme.
What I Play:

Driver: Sasquatch SUMO² 9.5º Stiff
Hybrid: HiBore 16º (3W replacement)
Irons: Staff Ci6 3-PW StiffWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 60.04Putter: Newport Studio Style 35"Ball: Pro V1xAge: 15

Top Flite Freak

In the
AMP Cart Bag
Driver : 3Dx Square Tour 8°
3 Wood : 4DX
2H : Edge CFT TitaniumIrons : M685 3-PWWedges : CG12 Satin 54° and 58°Putter : Odyssey White XG #9 33"Balls : Staff ZIP

I am playing Intech Beta TI LS right now and have been able to spin them enough to make them stop and pull back about 3 or 4 inches, which is nice because it means I making proper contact.

Blog Internetz | Twitter | Rolling Knolls
----
Super LoCo 457cc 10*
Tight Lies 16* & 13*
Recovery 21* Pure Distance 4-PW Diadic 52* and raw 588 60* Anser 4 blade U-Tri Tour

You might consider the Nike PD Soft ($15.99/dozen) in the U.S. You won't lose more than a few yards distance (at most) and they have nice spin and playability closer in.

My Bag:

Driver: Srixon ZR-W 9.5* Graffaloy Epic 68(R)
Fairway: Wishon 949MC 16.5*
Hybrid(s): Cobra Baffler DWS 20*Irons: 6-PW Mizuno MP-52. 5i Mizuno MX-23Wedges: Cleveland CG12 DSG 56/10Putter: Rife 2-Bar Hybrid

Note: This thread is 5801 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!