IGNORED

just got back from myrtle beach

Note: This thread is 5791 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

it was a fun trip......favorite course i played this weekend was heritage, thanks to the recommendations of flap and richie3jack (and others)....greens were a little patchy, but all in all the course was great (and a lot more difficult than i expected)...we were supposed to play true blue next, but when we got there and ate lunch before our round a storm came through for about two hrs....which really sucked because the course looked awesome...so after the storm passed, we went out and played wilbrook at 530 finishing in the pitch black (i actually had my best 9 of the trip on the back nine in the darkness there). the next day we played legends moorland, which was just as fun as when i played it last year....i hit every green in reg. on the back (my front) and still only shot a 39....i could not read those greens....and doubled my final hole to shoot 80 dead on.....it was a fun trip, thanks for the advice, guys

in my bag
driver: r9 with Fujikura Motore 65g stiff shaft
3w-5w: Sz with stock shafts (aldila hm) stiff
irons(3-pw): s59 stiff
wedges: 52deg. rac satin vokey spin milled 56deg. putter: xg9ball: b330rx

Glad I could help.I just booked The Mrs and I October trip and as usual we booked Heritage -Tru Blu 36er among others.The back 9 on Heritage is one of if the the toughest 9's in all of Myrtle.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

I have played most of those and you made good choices.

Joey R

In the Bag:

905T w/Aldila NV 75x 904F w/Dynamic Gold x100 MP-32 w/Project X 6.5 Vokey 52.08 BeCu 56 MP-R 60 Studio Stainless Newport 2 ProV1, ProV1x, or NXT Tour

it was a fun trip......favorite course i played this weekend was heritage, thanks to the recommendations of flap and richie3jack (and others)....greens were a little patchy, but all in all the course was great (and a lot more difficult than i expected)...we were supposed to play true blue next, but when we got there and ate lunch before our round a storm came through for about two hrs....which really sucked because the course looked awesome...so after the storm passed, we went out and played wilbrook at 530 finishing in the pitch black (i actually had my best 9 of the trip on the back nine in the darkness there). the next day we played legends moorland, which was just as fun as when i played it last year....i hit every green in reg. on the back (my front) and still only shot a 39....i could not read those greens....and doubled my final hole to shoot 80 dead on.....it was a fun trip, thanks for the advice, guys

I'm not a fan of True Blue. When I left Myrtle, True Blue didn't have any real cart paths and instead you had to drive on the waste areas. Problem is that if it rains, you're screwed out of golf whereas other courses you could still play. But I'm not sure if True Blue implemented real cart paths now or not. Legends greens are tough to read because they have so many ungulations (sp?) The one thing I noticed about Myrtle's greens is that if you're from the north or midwest, they probably break about half as much as you think. Sounds like a typical good Myrtle time, with good golf, the occasional storm and playing until it's so dark you can't see the ball. 3JACK

Note: This thread is 5791 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!