IGNORED

callaway tour ix

Note: This thread is 5710 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
comprable to my usual prov1x, minus a litte spin in terms of checking up

I found the same thing. That plus the lack of a good alignment line = FAIL for me.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just wasted way too much time trying this. My guess is they're all used up.

I just about gave up and all the sudden I got one that said, "Thanks for using Callaway Golf, be patient the balls will arrive soon" or something to that affect. I was thinking the same thing as you, but after around 50 tries I got in, all in all it only took probably 20 minutes of trying, not bad for 25 bucks worth of free balls.

"You lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you'll suck forever."

HiBORE XLS 9.5* Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | HiBORE XLS 15* 3w Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | 585h 21* | MP 57 4-pw w/Dynamic Gold s-300 shaft | 53* 56* Rac Chrome 60* Rac Satin | Monza Corza DB 35" | Tour ix
Home...

That plus the lack of a good alignment line = FAIL for me.

I'm not getting your comment on "lack of a good alignment line". Now I understand that each person has their preferences, but the Callaway's that I received looked something like this: <---TOURix---> It is a bit shorter than the one the ProV's use...by maybe 3/16 of an inch. Looking down on it, I can't even hardly tell the difference. Slight yes...but not enough to visually mess me up or anything. Cannot make any judgment on the ball itself since I haven't played it yet...but if the alignment line is the worst thing about this ball, I'm ok with that. But, just like any other piece of equipment in the world of golf, it's all about individual preferences.

WHAT'S IN MY BAG

Driver: TaylorMade RBZ 9.5 degree; 3-Wood: TaylorMade RBZ 15 degree; Hybrids: TaylorMade RBZ 19 degree; Irons: Titleist AP1; Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54/60; Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Fastback; Ball: Callaway Hex Chrome+  Grips:  PURE Pro

Received my two sleeves yesterday, I had forgot all about signing up for them. I'll be trying them out tonight possibly.

---"Be the ball"---

IN THE Hoofer Vantage BAG:
Driver: F-Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV-F
Woods: F-Speed LD 3 & 5, Aldila NV-FIrons: S9 3-PW, NS-Pro 900XH SteelWedges: CG10 52° & Spin Milled 56.10Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Ball: Pro V1x SG4

I'm not getting your comment on "lack of a good alignment line". Now I understand that each person has their preferences, but the Callaway's that I received looked something like this:

mine too and i have this cool little thing that snaps on the ball so i can make the mark as long as i want it ...all the way around the ball if i want to

driver & woods
fatshaft II irons
588 wedges
putter
tour ix ball gps

I found the same thing. That plus the lack of a good alignment line = FAIL for me.

Im curious as to if you received a different ball than me and a few of us. Did yours not have the allignment aid???

i played a callaway tour ix today in a tournament for my first time ever using this ball. it was somewhat similar to the prov1x IMO. It wasn't as 'spinny' as I thought it'd be, but it had some decent check on pitch and wedge shots. I was pretty happy with it.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

• Administrator
Now I understand that each person has their preferences, but the Callaway's that I received looked something like this:

Well, I believe it's more like . If it had those ---- parts, it'd be more like the Titleist ball and I'd probably like it more.

I've just really become accustomed to Titleist's alignment line. It's a solid line that's thin enough to let me be pretty precise. The Callaway (and TaylorMade) alignment side-stamps aren't black enough for my taste, or they're not thick enough. The Callaway one is also shorter. And I've used the Sharpie guide/line-making thing. It's okay. I tend to use it only on the TaylorMade balls I occasionally use (gotta get rid of some that I've still got). Unfortunately the Sharpie wears off surprisingly quickly, turning the line into something far more "muddled" than the line on Titleist balls.
Cannot make any judgment on the ball itself since I haven't played it yet...but if the alignment line is the worst thing about this ball, I'm ok with that.

I didn't say it was the worst thing. The short-shot performance (lack of spin) may be the worst thing. I just said that, even if it were equal to a Pro V1x, the alignment line doesn't suit me and that'd be reason enough for me not to use it.

I also don't care for the six (I think there are six) deep dimples. Don't like looking at 'em. Sure, I could probably get over it, but I have no reason to try.
Im curious as to if you received a different ball than me and a few of us. Did yours not have the allignment aid???

I got the same balls with the same aid. I just don't like the aid as much.

Here's some comparison pictures. You can see the TM ball stripe is already fading a bit. This is after using the ball on the putting green only (hit about 20-30 putts with it one day, no dew that I remember, but it was 9am or so). You can see (to me anyway) pretty clearly the difference between the Callaway and Titleist lines. I simply prefer the Titleist one, with the TM (Sharpie) one coming in a fairly distant second, and the Callaway well back. Might have to do with the density of the lines. If I apply a slight blur, you can see pretty clearly that the Titleist line (and the Sharpie one) still look like lines, while the Callaway one kind of morphs into a grey-ish speckled area with two black dots on the ends. I don't focus on the golf ball when I make my swings (or putts), but kind of "fuzzy focus" in the general area of the golf ball, and when I'm lining up a putt, I'm looking at the putter, so maybe the blurring has something to do with it.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

And I've used the Sharpie guide/line-making thing. It's okay. I tend to use it only on the TaylorMade balls I occasionally use (gotta get rid of some that I've still got). Unfortunately the Sharpie wears off surprisingly quickly, turning the line into something far more "muddled" than the line on Titleist balls.

yeah i have noticed that

driver & woods
fatshaft II irons
588 wedges
putter
tour ix ball gps

And I've used the Sharpie guide/line-making thing. It's okay. I tend to use it only on the TaylorMade balls I occasionally use (gotta get rid of some that I've still got). Unfortunately the Sharpie wears off surprisingly quickly, turning the line into something far more "muddled" than the line on Titleist balls.

I totally agree with this. I prefer the alignment aid of Titleist, even though I have not played a Prov1 or Prov1x since about mid May. I really like the Bridgestone Tour B330-S, their alignment aid is a little bit longer than the ...its more like so it doesn't bother me. I didn't putt as well with the tour ix, and i think the alignment thing did have something to do with it.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

I went to my mailbox today and I'll be dipped if there wasn't 2 sleeves of these balls waiting for me!! I totally forgot that I even got it to work, to today's 20 minute struggle to get registered was totally unnecessary, oh well, guess I'll take 2 more sleeves if they're going to send them to me. I do feel kinda bad though, I wonder if I should call them and cancel my order.....
"You lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you'll suck forever."

HiBORE XLS 9.5* Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | HiBORE XLS 15* 3w Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | 585h 21* | MP 57 4-pw w/Dynamic Gold s-300 shaft | 53* 56* Rac Chrome 60* Rac Satin | Monza Corza DB 35" | Tour ix
Home...

Note: This thread is 5710 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!