IGNORED

Golf Channel programming

JYB
Note: This thread is 5776 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Beggars can't be choosers. Thanks!

No argument there. It was better than no coverage and I was glad to have it.

What's the last new HD channel that D* hasn't carried? The current VSGLF-HD will become Versus-HD and Golf-HD will have to get picked up seperately.

Well, because TGC and Versus are Comcast owned entities, some Comcast markets received separate channels for TGC and VS when the HD channels were launched, while other cable and satellite carriers received a split feed.

Hence, my question.

I only watch for the tournaments, especially the Nationwide. And the Big Break too. Mainly because the rest of the programming is just plain awful. I think I've seen the Medicus infomercial at least 200 times now.
In the Bag:
Driver: Callaway FT-5
3 Wood: Ping G10
Hybrid: Taylormade Rescue TP(3)
Irons: Mizuno MX25(3-PW)Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin-Milled 54 and 60Putter: Odyssey Black Series #1

I only watch for the tournaments, especially the Nationwide. And the Big Break too. Mainly because the rest of the programming is just plain awful. I think I've seen the Medicus infomercial at least 200 times now.

I absolutely hate the stupid Grey Goose 19th hole.

The only good part about that show is the booze.

G10 9* Stiff Shaft Driver
R7 Draw 3 Wood
Burner 3 hybrid
26* Baffler Hybrid 5H Stiff Shaft.
Rapture 6-SW (3-5 are retired in favor of hybrids) Vokey Spin Milled 60* Wedge Newport 2 Pinseeker 1600 + ViewTI GPS software for iPhone

Meeeeeeeeee

Don't know him... whenever that show comes on all I hear is my Tivo Fast forwarding sound "Beeloop belooooop beelooooooooooop"

G10 9* Stiff Shaft Driver
R7 Draw 3 Wood
Burner 3 hybrid
26* Baffler Hybrid 5H Stiff Shaft.
Rapture 6-SW (3-5 are retired in favor of hybrids) Vokey Spin Milled 60* Wedge Newport 2 Pinseeker 1600 + ViewTI GPS software for iPhone

TGC random thoughts:

Who agrees that the absolute worst show is "The Approach." My god, those two white bread country club mommy boys Alex Minceli (sp?) and Andrew Magee offering the most LAME attempts at running smack. IT JUST DOESN'T WORK.

Do you think ANYONE watches an entire 30 minute infomercial?

"My World" was bad except for the Tim "Lumpy" Herron episode. Good stuff in that one. Tim (in exagerated Minnesota accent) holding a 6-lb pike just pulled from a hole in the ice "Dey don't have these in Arizona..." LOL

I would like to see a show about golf course architecture.

^^^ Dead on for every single example.

I had high hopes for My World, but it was boooorrrriiinng .

And I lost a lot of respect for Christina Kim when (in her My World episode), she is driving along and starts screaming and throwing a major fit because a bug is in the car. I'm thinking it must be a bee or a wasp . . . and it's still a drama- queen, attention-ho level overreaction.

But then she screams "It's a dragonfly!!!!"

A dragonfly. A lotta dragonfly-related injuries out there Christina? Puh.Leeze.

The Golf Channel was once one of the best prime time stations (for me).

I miss the old Golf Channel

I really used to like Peter Kessler during his time with TGC. In my opinion the best host they ever had. He had a very inteligent and calm demeanor that was just very easy and interesting to watch. I used to never miss an episode of Academy live. I also miss watching all the instructional shows they once aired. Some I never really gained a lot of 'use' from, but I felt that it was the type of programming that the Golf Channel should be about. And of course the tounament coverage, which thankfully they've remained true to and even increased to a point. It seems lately with some of their material that they are trying to become just another tabloid/propaganda outlet that so many of the news outlets have been deduced to.

Regards,
Spyder

In the 07' R7 stand bag R7 425 9.5* Proforce 65 V2 (s) R7 Ti 3 wood ReAx (s) R7 draw rescue 19* ReAx (s) R7 TP irons 4-pw DG-S300 TP black RAC wedges: 52/8, 56/12, 60/6 F2 Hamilton HM4 or Scotty Cameron Red X2 cs Nike One platinum GolfLogix GPS8

I agree with the original poster 110%. You would think the big red umbrella, hartford dear and other big business names you see on every Sunday during the final round would jump all over the open commercial space, which would fund the money for quality programs.

Four 5 Stand Bag Blue   PRO V1X

910 D2 9.5° - Diamana Kal'li 65g S

RBZ Stage 2 15° - Diamana Kal'li 72g S  

913H 21° /  910H 24° - Diamana Kal'li 82g S

710 AP2 6-PW - Dynamic Gold S300SL

Vokey Spin Milled 09  56° &  60° 

#1 White Hot 34" - Ionic Grip

My Swing  

When did they start referring to The Golf Channel as "Golf Channel" during promotions etc? I first noticed this last night, but that doesn't mean that it hasn't been this way for a while either I guess. Anyone know?
"You lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you'll suck forever."

HiBORE XLS 9.5* Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | HiBORE XLS 15* 3w Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | 585h 21* | MP 57 4-pw w/Dynamic Gold s-300 shaft | 53* 56* Rac Chrome 60* Rac Satin | Monza Corza DB 35" | Tour ix
Home...

I enjoy the fact that I get to watch the European Tour before I head out to play myself at the weekend. The infomericals are very weak. But if I'm surfing on my laptop then I'll gladly have some nationwide/LPGA/Champions Tour on as background noise. Anyways, could be a lot better but at its a start at least.

What's in the bag
Big sticks Ping Rapture V2 9° Fusion FT-3 3-Wood, 3,4 Hybrid

Irons Ping I10 5-GW
Wedges Cleveland RTX 54° Spin Milled Vokey 60°Putter Redwood Anser Titleist NXT Tour 1500 rangefinder

When did they start referring to The Golf Channel as "Golf Channel" during promotions etc? I first noticed this last night, but that doesn't mean that it hasn't been this way for a while either I guess. Anyone know?

I noticed it for the first time last week. Maybe next week they will get an endorsement from Vijay Singh and become known as

THE Golf Channel. And why aren't they covering the U.S. Amateur Publinx?

Over a year ago.

Rob Tyska

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5776 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!