IGNORED

I hate my new delima!

SteelDriver
Note: This thread is 5773 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Seriously, you cant hit a 16* hybrid 260 to 270 off the tee? sucks for you. By the way. Your distances are not impressive by any stretch. I hit my 19* 3H further than your 3W.

Then I applaud you for being able to jack your 16 degree that far and accurate. It doesn't mean that you should rub it in people's faces about the fact that you can. Unless you're striving to turn pro or you're playing in a tournament, then this game is about you, your clubs, the course and your mental toughness. Why people have to "flex" how far they can jack a club is beyond me.

You probably hit your 19 degree further than my driver. You probably hit our 3 wood further than a lot of people's drivers; that's all irrelevant if you can't score well. And for me to be playing this crazy game for 2 years and having a hc of what it is, I'll take an accurate drive and clean 2nd shot to be on in 2 anyday over someone that bombs a drive but skulls or chunks the 2nd shot and then scrambles the entire day. I'm not saying you're a person who does that b/c at a 14, you should be consistently in the mid to upper 80's so you're getting your pars and scoring. But please...this game is supposed to be a "gentlemen's" game. Why turn it into poking and competition? Someone I played with today was outdriving me by 20 - 30 yards every shot. I shot a 38 and that includes missing 5 birdie putts. He shot a 45. I'll take that score anyday. Sorry if you feel like I'm coming at you...but your comments to the general public of this forum which is here to help people instead of insult them, just rubbed me the wrong way.
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

Then I applaud you for being able to jack your 16 degree that far and accurate. It doesn't mean that you should rub it in people's faces about the fact that you can. Unless you're striving to turn pro or you're playing in a tournament, then this game is about you, your clubs, the course and your mental toughness. Why people have to "flex" how far they can jack a club is beyond me.

I was offended by his post. does that mean anything to you, or just my defense rubbed you the wrong way?

In my Bag:

Tour Burner 9.5* ProLaunch Red Shaft
Baffler TWS & DWS Hybrids: 2,4
Irons: 09 Burners 4-AWWC Liquid Copper SW 56*WC Liquid Copper LW 60*Putter: Black OZ T130 TP Black

I think Rudygu was right. Sounds like a shaft problem.
I'll admit you remind of the guy who thinks 250 is the minimum distance for anything off the tee but who knows. Maybe they're rarely in the fairway and maybe that's what contributes to your 14 HI
âI'm glad I brought this course, this monster, to its knees.â

I think Rudygu was right. Sounds like a shaft problem.

why would you say that? I cant understand what would give you that idea....sorry.

I played one round with the new hybrid and every shot from the box was in the FW. My HI is not bad for a 3rd year player in a state that has nonstop rain for 10 months out of the year. thanks tho

In my Bag:

Irons: 09 Burners 4-AWWC Liquid Copper SW 56*WC Liquid Copper LW 60*Putter: Black OZ T130 TP Black

why would you say that? I cant understand what would give you that idea....sorry.

I would say that because most people completely overestimate how far they hit their shots. If you can honestly tell me you use a GPS system or have a perfect perception of how far each shot you hit goes I'll be convinced.

I would say that because most people completely overestimate how far they hit their shots. If you can honestly tell me you use a GPS system or have a perfect perception of how far each shot you hit goes I'll be convinced.

the skycaddie 2.5 tells you how for you hit your last shot. I got one.

with your HI are you telling me its uncommon to hit a 16* hybrid with steel that far? what gives? I got one because I know several people who can. They also hit their drivers further than me so I had no idea I would crush it like they do.

In my Bag:

That's all I need, I'll take your word for it. I was skeptical, that's all.
What kind of shaft do you have on the hybrid versus the driver?

That's all I need, I'll take your word for it. I was skeptical, that's all.

I put a true temper dynamic gold s300 on the hybrid and the driver has the stock fuji 65 Stiff. (its a TM R7 425)

In my Bag:

I was offended by his post. does that mean anything to you, or just my defense rubbed you the wrong way?

You can defend your point of view in anyway. It was just the way that you went about doing it.

"sucks for you." stuff like that really isn't needed to make a point. just make the point & move along. It just felt as if you were rubbing sh** in people's faces of what you can do that others can't. For your 3rd year, that's great that you're playing to a 14. It's my 2nd and I can't even fathom hitting a 16 degree 275 on a consistent basis with my swing...
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

Seriously, you cant hit a 16* hybrid 260 to 270 off the tee? sucks for you. thats all i can say. Im sure you play with guys who can. Its not abnormal. Its funny how you think its crazy. Maybe your HI is what should be in question. By the way. Your distances are not impressive by any stretch. I hit my 19* 3H further than your 3W.

You're misunderstanding all sorts of things here.

First: the chart that would be impressive if it were real is the one that's supposed to be impressive except for the fact that it's totally illegitimate . My real chart is in no way supposed to be impressive, but it is supposed to reveal the probable absurdity of your claim - you're a significantly worse golfer than me but you're 30 yards longer with each club, consistently? Impossible. You might be 30 yards longer and in the trees, hazards, yards and cart paths surrounding your course, but then you're not actually hitting 270 off the tee in a way that remotely matters. Second: you just MADE MY CASE for not even having a driver in the bag - IF YOU'RE NOT LYING you really don't need it, especially if you can't hit it, since your 2H is bombing drives anyway . See my point? Since it's more reliable than your driver you could just hit it all day long and improve your short game by having like 4º gaps in your wedges. Or, like I also said before, go to a fitting/lesson and figure out what the deal is with the driver. One simple thing is with your alleged swing speed, you need to step out of that light little 65g S shaft, which really must be like a noodle in your hands. Third: I made an explicit allowance that you may be telling the truth in my original post, which you, in your fury, ignored. Moreover, my post was supposed to illustrate that even if you're telling the truth, it shouldn't matter to anyone else because your distances are still absurd . The last thing we need is people thinking 14 handicaps hit 270 yard hybrids and 350 yard drives, which I imagine is what you're thinking your driver should be routinely doing, but on a weekly basis we seem to get the longest hitters on the planet posting their distances. My post was a reality check - just think of yourself as Bubba Watson and me as the laughing gallery member who wouldn't really be able to believe it even if he did see it. Fourth: distances are notoriously difficult to impossible to measure, and one important part of that problem is carry distance vs. rollout distance. I'm very confident you're not carrying a 16º club 275 yards. If you hit a big draw and the thing runs for days, hey, fine, like I said before , good for you. The fact is our skepticism is healthy, your claims borderline impossible. You knew this when you posted, of course, so don't be surprised, or your understanding of 275 yards is a little off. Fifth: as far as I'm concerned, my scorecards, which you can view, speak to the ease of reaching a single digit handicap even when you're undergoing a swing change and putting like a psychopath - they should provide HOPE that you can suck and still be "good." The upshot is that you're right, in a sense: I'm not that good. If I was a good 5.9 I wouldn't shoot 14 over 84s on easy courses, but then my handicap isn't a measure of how badly I'm capable of playing. It's a measure of how well . Either way, if you're anywhere near southern CA some time I'd love to play you straight up match play - I have a feeling I know how that would go. You use whatever clubs you want, I'll play normal. The first time your drive is actually short of mine, you owe me $5. The first time you actually hit a fairway, I'll pay you $5. If you actually beat me in match play, you can have all your money back.
In the bag 8/12/09:
R9 w/ 63g S Fubuki | 909F2 13.5º | 909H 19º | MP-67 w/ Project X 5.5, 3-PW | Spin Milled 52â¢04, 56â¢08, 60â¢04 | BC1, 35" | Tour One | uPro

Hcp: 5.9
Trend: 5.2

Your club seems to be the holy grail of clubs - how about selling it to Tiger so he can finally drive Par5´s - iam sure he would pay big bucks for it..

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

Your club seems to be the holy grail of clubs - how about selling it to Tiger so he can finally drive Par5´s - iam sure he would pay big bucks for it..

Its not the club... its the degree of loft and my clubhead speed. The club just sits in my bag if i dont pick it up and swing it.

you ever see tiger hit his chicken stick(2 iron)?

In my Bag:

You're misunderstanding all sorts of things here.

Ive always hit my clubs much further than anyone i play with on a normal basis. My driver, for one reason or another, will not hit much further than 250 consistantly. I hit my 9i 140+ too. My playing partners are around 110 to 130 max.

i am nearly 6' 4" and my clubs are lengthened, but im not sure what kind of impact this would have on my distances. I know that from day one, my distance has been better than average. My 2H distance is simply "absurd" as you say.

In my Bag:

Do you know JB Holmes and Bubba Watson?

no but i know a 25 HI player who can out-drive both of them but couldnt score in a wh_re house. Distance doesn't always equate to greatness. I'd give up 30 yards on all my shots if it took 10 strokes off my game.

In my Bag:

No. Again, average carry yardage with good contact and near optimal launch conditions is about 2.3, maybe 2.4 yards per mile of swing speed with the driver. With roll, 2.5 yards is about the max you can expect.

thank you

My distance chart:

did you steal this distance chart from my bag... our numbers are scary similar, and I know exactly what you mean by the 4-iron thing. My 4-iron is a bastard... it only goes 200 when I don't want it too and never when I'm trying to get a little extra out of it.

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

Ive always hit my clubs much further than anyone i play with on a normal basis. My driver, for one reason or another, will not hit much further than 250 consistantly. I hit my 9i 140+ too. My playing partners are around 110 to 130 max.

Okay, we're done with our spat then. Moving on. . .

. . . the shaft in your driver is much too light for someone who creates swing speed like you do. But that's not a change that is going to make a huge difference, and a huge difference sounds like it should be possible. My best advice is, seriously, see a good PGA Teaching Professional and say "I'm just working on my game and for some reason I don't get a good trajectory/good results with my driver." I'm almost positive there's a swing reason that your driver is losing distance compared to the rest of your clubs, and the best person to fix that is a good teaching pro. My second-best advice is a fitting with a fitter who knows his stuff. I suspect you'll wind up with a driver somewhere around 8.5º with a heavier shaft than you have now, but if you can get to the point where you're making good contact on your driver - like you are with your 2H, which I do frankly admit is more like a 1H - I suspect that regardless of an equipment change you'll be smacking the thing pretty deep. That's the end of my part of this thread.
In the bag 8/12/09:
R9 w/ 63g S Fubuki | 909F2 13.5º | 909H 19º | MP-67 w/ Project X 5.5, 3-PW | Spin Milled 52â¢04, 56â¢08, 60â¢04 | BC1, 35" | Tour One | uPro

Hcp: 5.9
Trend: 5.2

Note: This thread is 5773 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!