IGNORED

Site Suggestions/Requests

Note: This thread is 5695 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
Would it be possible to enable a search feature for finding out which sandtrap members have certain clubs (I guess basically a search feature that looks in signatures)?

I don't think so. I've looked for plugins that might enable that kind of thing, and I haven't seen anything. Perhaps you'd find something.

Of course, the problem you'd run into with that is that some people use the logo, others say "Nike" and others still use an image hosted elsehwere to say "Nike" or whatever. So you'd be searching for "CCI" and might get who knows what? I'm not sure how useful that would actually be in practice, though it sounds good in theory.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't think so. I've looked for plugins that might enable that kind of thing, and I haven't seen anything. Perhaps you'd find something.

Hmmmmmm...could

this be used for the purpose I described above? I'm not entirely familiar with the inner workings of vbulletin (heck, maybe this plugin is already being utilized in this system)...but it seems that the 'generic list' part might be able to fit the bill. Of course - members would have to be aware of this feature in order to make it useful AND hopefully its searchable AND as you said in your reply - who knows what members will type when describing their clubs. I guess I was thinking more along the lines of having a database of manufacturers and models of clubs that are not customizable by the user and maybe in drop down menus or something. Anyway, I guess it won't be happening unless someone with coding experience steps up to the plate.

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

• Administrator
Hmmmmmm...could

That's an entirely separate product that has some vBulletin integration, but which isn't "for" vBulletin, or a plugin for vBulletin, or anything like that.

vBAdvanced Dynamics would be many things, but "the simple solution" isn't one of them.
I guess I was thinking more along the lines of having a database of manufacturers and models of clubs that are not customizable by the user and maybe in drop down menus or something.

I'm sorry, but I don't have the time to manage that sort of list, and I don't think any of the other admins or mods do either. It's not about "coding experience."

The KISS solution is probably this: post a thread saying "Calling all Nike CCi Cast Users!" and round people up that way.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5695 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!