IGNORED

Site Suggestions/Requests

Note:Β This thread is 5696 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

My hopes is that this thread can be a place where members can discuss things they would like to see on the site. The Powers That Be can review it, comment, implement, ignore, . . . or whatever, as they see fit.

Some things I would like to see (if possible):

• Some more emoticons. ( Or, at a minimum, this one [rolleyes] : ) They're just plain fun.
  • A "spoiler" button in the Compose Post dialog window. It's an incredibly useful function that I think gets overlooked many times because you have to manually add tags.
  • Strikethrough text button in the Compose Post window.
  • Enable the user option for number of posts per page. I know the admins have reasons for not doing that, and that's cool, but I just wanted to throw my vote into the ring.
  • Variable reputation power. That is, once a user has more than a 1:1 power, they can choose how much to exercise when approving or disapproving. (e.g., if I have rep power of 3, I don't necessarily want to give 3 points for every rep I give, nor do I want to dock someone 3 points every time. I may want to just give/take 1 point.)
  • Permanent "Edit" option: I know this has the potential for abuse in arguments, but personally, if I give erroneous information in a post, I like to correct it with a strikethrough of the incorrect text and addition of the correct information. I know I can add it in a subsequent post, but people don't always read all the way through the thread.
  • A "Ladies Golf" forum. Maybe some ladies would actually post?
I'm not always the sharpest knife in the drawer, so if I've listed something that is already available, just let me know.

Thanks for listening.

• Administrator
Some more emoticons. ( Or, at a minimum, this one [rolleyes]

People rarely use all of the ones we have, so I doubt it, but I did add yours.

A "spoiler" button in the Compose Post dialog window. It's an incredibly useful function that I think gets overlooked many times because you have to manually add tags.

It's added, along with strikethrough and YouTube.

Enable the user option for number of posts per page. I know the admins have reasons for not doing that

Exactly.

Variable reputation power. That is, once a user has more than a 1:1 power, they can choose how much to exercise when approving or disapproving.

I've already had to use a plugin to cap the amount to five.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=169557 This isn't possible, currently. Would love to have it myself, but not currently possible, and from what I read, the developer doesn't plan to add any more features. Everyone's fascination with reputation is pretty damn silly. There are only two reputation numbers to worry about : 0 and 5. Fall below either and things happen (Bad Seed for 0, no longer "Established Member" for 5). Otherwise, who gives a rat's behind if you're 33 or 34?
Permanent "Edit" option: I know this has the potential for abuse in arguments, but personally, if I give erroneous information in a post, I like to correct it with a strikethrough of the incorrect text and addition of the correct information. I know I can add it in a subsequent post, but people don't always read all the way through the thread.

No, for the reason you listed, along with others (I've seen people go back in and delete useful posts, too).

A "Ladies Golf" forum. Maybe some ladies would actually post?

Won't happen. It'd just be a ghost town.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This probably isn't possible but, when you use the "New Posts" button, is there any way to omit polls that don't have any new posts? They always show up whenever someone votes in the poll, even if there is no new post.

Thanks.

This probably isn't possible but, when you use the "New Posts" button, is there any way to omit polls that don't have any new posts? They always show up whenever someone votes in the poll, even if there is no new post.

Thank you, that is a good request.

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

• Administrator

Unfortunately, not possible (as far as I know, and I've checked into it), and something that annoys the crap out of me as well.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Unfortunately, not possible (as far as I know, and I've checked into it), and something that annoys the crap out of me as well.

I never used vBulletin before but try this:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Poll and Thread Rating Options -> Update Thread Last Post on Poll Vote The post that the instructions came from is several months old so hopefully it works. credit goes to: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...ight=poll+post

• Administrator
I never used vBulletin before but try this:

Ding ding ding! Winner winner chicken dinner!

Thanks. I spent way too much time looking for it about a year ago (IIRC), and there was no option then, so I'm happy it's been added in the meantime and upset with myself that I didn't check again more recently.

• Administrator
Probably been addressed but....

Seriously?

We addressed it... almost four years ago .

How about more then 12 or 14 (I can't remember which it is) logos allowed in the signature?

"What is best about a great victory is that it rids the victor of the fear of defeat. 'Why not also lose for once?' he says to himself; 'now I am rich enough for
that'" -Nietzsche

In My Stand Bag:
R7 Draw 9.0 Deg Stiff Flex Driver AMF Progression 3 Wood SUMO2 3/20 Deg Hybrid & CPR 4/24 Deg...

Seriously?

OK - let me rephrase my original request....

Why don't you have an area for buying and a separate area for selling equipment?

MP32
R7
Mezza Monza
RAC 60 degree

• Administrator
OK - let me rephrase my original request....

Because in order to buy, someone has to be selling. I think "WTB" and "WTS" make pretty clear the person's intent.

Stores don't have a separate area for selling and buying. The two activities go hand-in-hand.

We all need a vacation. As a family of golfers I know that I would like to have the inside scoop on a location/course and amenities. I don't know how the forum would organize this- maybe by state/then course, but it could be the epinions of golf vacations.

Think about it. You are due for 2 weeks off...Its snowing outside, your clubs are calling....Turn to the trap to find the review of the destination you have in mind. What to include? Name it: Slow play? Greens are Sheety? Bedbugs kept you up at night? Bikini clad beverage cart girl? Strippers on the 19 hole?

Seriously... this type of information is seriously needed for golfers. But how do we weed out the posts that are bullshit paid advertisements? Hard to say, but...what if new posts must have a good earned reputation? (rules me out).

Erik J. Barzeski what do you think? Sandtrap reviews of golf desitnations/vacations?

Yeah, a lot of pressure. Rise above it. Harness in the good energy, block out the bad. Harness energy, block bad.
Feel the flow, Happy. It's circular. It's Like a carousel. You get on the horse. It goes up, down and around. Circular. Circle. With the music,the flow. All good things.I...

• Administrator
Erik J. Barzeski what do you think? Sandtrap reviews of golf desitnations/vacations?

We have that. Search in the forums. See what other users have to say about various places to play.

On the main site itself? Sure - if you want to pay to send us on some vacations, we'll write about 'em.

• 1 month later...
I'm just curious as to the reasoning behind so few posts per page, bandwidth perhaps?

I use, or have used, maybe a dozen different IBBs and this is the first with such a low limit per page. Usually I just set it at forty.

In the Matrix XTT Standbag:

Driver: Biggest Big Bertha 11*
Fairway Wood: Steelhead Plus 3 Wood
Irons: T-Zoid Titanium Insert irons 3-SWWedge: Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.04Putter: Pro Platinum Laguna 34" w/ British Open '04 headcoverBall: ProV1 Rule35Β Playing again after a three year hiatus...

I'm just curious as to the reasoning behind so few posts per page, bandwidth perhaps?

Answered

here and here and here , Thanks.

DannyΒ  Β  In my :ping:Β Hoofer Tour golf bag on myΒ :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:Β Β Β :pxg:Β 0311 Gen 5Β  X-Stiff.Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β Irons:Β Β :callaway:Β 4-PW APEX TCB IronsΒ 
3Β Wood:Β :callaway:Β MavrikΒ SZ RogueΒ X-StiffΒ  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter:Β :odyssey:Β Β 2-Ball Ten Arm LockΒ  Β  Β  Β Β Ball:Β :titleist: ProV 1

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

• 3 weeks later...
Would it be possible to enable a search feature for finding out which sandtrap members have certain clubs (I guess basically a search feature that looks in signatures)? So for example, if I wanted to do a search to find people that have the Nike CCi Irons so that I could PM them a quick question about them. Just curious. Thx.

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

Note:Β This thread is 5696 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!