IGNORED

I got golf owned.

Cody
Note: This thread is 5762 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

There may be a way out.

Apparently my dad didn't tell me the whole story. The tryouts are 3 days long.

My mom is willing to reschedule our vacation for me, BUT my dad may not be able to get work off. He normally takes vacation days on a whim with a days notice(hes a supervisor at a gas plant and only answers to the plant owner himself). I think he's just being stubborn.

Hopefully he can get the days off, but if not my mom seems like it would be ok for me to stay home while they are gone.

In my Extreme Sport Stand Bag
Driver: 4DX D-Spec Driver 10.5* Stiff UST SR3
3W: F-60 15* Regular Fujikura E150 Fit-On
Hybrids: 4DX Ironwoods 20* 23* Regular UST SR3
Irons: 4DX CB 5-PW Stiff True Temper ST-90Wedges: Vokey 50* 56*Putter: SabertoothBall: DT Roll

if your coach is like mine, maybe you can try asking him to spend individual time with you at a personal "private tryout"

this way, you can do it when its most convenient at a time when you both agree this is fine
In The Bag...

Nike Nike SQ SUMO 5000 9.5*(UST ProForce V2 Stiff)
Titleist 975F 13.5* (Dynamic Gold S300)
Titleist DCI 990 2-PW (Dynamic Gold S300)Nike Forged Unchromed 53*Nike Forged Chrome 60*Ping G2i Craz-e

if your coach is like mine, maybe you can try asking him to spend individual time with you at a personal "private tryout"

The coach would be 100% cool with that. The coach is a teacher and a really funny guy. He's in his late twenties and loves to joke around. Family guy is a hot topic in his classes and puts stuff about it on tests for e.c.

The problem is the athletic director. He says there can be no special treatment for whatever reason(this guy is the offensive football coach and the reason i stopped playing football).

In my Extreme Sport Stand Bag
Driver: 4DX D-Spec Driver 10.5* Stiff UST SR3
3W: F-60 15* Regular Fujikura E150 Fit-On
Hybrids: 4DX Ironwoods 20* 23* Regular UST SR3
Irons: 4DX CB 5-PW Stiff True Temper ST-90Wedges: Vokey 50* 56*Putter: SabertoothBall: DT Roll

Lifes not fair, you have to play the ball where it lies. I believe that if your mom feel strongly about you going on vacation with the family your mom knows best about your hole situation. We hear your side but not your mom's side.

I believe that your mom knows whats best for you and the family and she sound like a caring mom if she's planned this vacation.

Sorry, but I am on your mom's side.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Some observations and potential ideas for you:

1) Are you sure shooting high 40s is going to be enough to earn a spot on the team? I have friends with sons playing HS golf. Even the freshman and sophomores break 40 on occasions. The upper classman shoot low 80s and high 70s consistently!

2) Approach your golf coach and see if you can perhaps play a couple of rounds with a witness or the coach himself and turn in those score cards. Or, maybe you can play your rounds with the coach AFTER vacation?

Either way, good luck with the parent thing. As a parent, I'd make sure you had the oppty, but then again, I'm not your dad!!!

dave

The ultimate "old man" setup:

Ping G30 driver
Ping G Fairway woods - 5 and 7 woods
Callaway X-Hot #5 hybrid; Old school secret weapon
Ping G #6-9 irons; W and U wedges
Vokey 54 and 58* Wedges
Odyssey Versa Putter
Golf Balls

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5762 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!