IGNORED

why does my reputation get dropped 4 points magically?

JYB
Note: This thread is 5757 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

He has a point there. Most people forget about Positive Rep. Or are afraid to use it incase they are using it for the wrong reasons.

Well thank you very much.

A lot of the arguments I have made stir up controversy. It's not the popular opinion (like saying Scotty Cameron putters are not worth it). The problem is all these guys with 5,000,000 posts just start giving me negative rep (of course it doesn't show who). Then I get PM's from guys who agree with me but don't post it cause of those guys who keep sending negative rep.

---"Be the ball"---

IN THE Hoofer Vantage BAG:
Driver: F-Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV-F
Woods: F-Speed LD 3 & 5, Aldila NV-FIrons: S9 3-PW, NS-Pro 900XH SteelWedges: CG10 52° & Spin Milled 56.10Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Ball: Pro V1x SG4

He has a point there. Most people forget about Positive Rep. Or are afraid to use it incase they are using it for the wrong reasons.

And here's a guy with almost 2,800 posts and rep of less than 50. That's sad. If I was able to give some rep, this guy would get all I could hand out.

---"Be the ball"---

IN THE Hoofer Vantage BAG:
Driver: F-Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV-F
Woods: F-Speed LD 3 & 5, Aldila NV-FIrons: S9 3-PW, NS-Pro 900XH SteelWedges: CG10 52° & Spin Milled 56.10Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Ball: Pro V1x SG4

I never even knew about positive and negative reputation. You learn something NEW every day.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

Ive found that having a negative reputation has improved my progress with the ladies. I say that i have negative reputation on a golf chat forum when i meet them in nightclubs and they can't wait to do te wild thing with me. I bolsters my image as the hard man of cyber space.

Well thank you very much.

Well, now I've read some of your posts and I agree with what you say a lot of the time(especially on Camerons) but its the way you go about speaking your mind which gives you that negative rep.

Some people get irked when their feelings get hurt or they are insulted which is perfectly understandable. If you submit an opposing fact in a mature nature theres no reason you should get negative rep.

In my Extreme Sport Stand Bag
Driver: 4DX D-Spec Driver 10.5* Stiff UST SR3
3W: F-60 15* Regular Fujikura E150 Fit-On
Hybrids: 4DX Ironwoods 20* 23* Regular UST SR3
Irons: 4DX CB 5-PW Stiff True Temper ST-90Wedges: Vokey 50* 56*Putter: SabertoothBall: DT Roll

I here ya. People don't like our opinions and abuse their use of the reputation rating. Giving someone negative reputation because they make a comment you don't agree with is childish and stupid.

Where is the adult section of this forum anyway ?

• Administrator
And here's a guy with almost 2,800 posts and rep of less than 50. That's sad. If I was able to give some rep, this guy would get all I could hand out.

Again, once you're over 10, reputation is irrelevant. You get "everything." Heck, once you're 5 or higher you're fine. So less than 50? Who cares. Dent will be the first, too, to tell you that he's more of a "quantity" over "quality" kind of guy.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Again, once you're over 10, reputation is irrelevant. You get "everything." Heck, once you're 5 or higher you're fine. So less than 50? Who cares. Dent will be the first, too, to tell you that he's more of a "quantity" over "quality" kind of guy.

Although I do mix some quality in with my quantity from time to time

In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

not had time to read all this, but my rep recently went from 8 to 4, in a matter of minutes? dont know why this happened, it did prevent me selling something on this site i believe.

any chance i can get my 4 back?

Ive found that having a negative reputation has improved my progress with the ladies. I say that i have negative reputation on a golf chat forum when i meet them in nightclubs and they can't wait to do te wild thing with me. I bolsters my image as the hard man of cyber space.

That may work for you, but my positive reputation and my willingness to give FREE golf lessons (I have won 17 golf tournaments, so I have a record to rely on) works WONDERS for me. That is MY STORY and I am sticking to it.

I got a negative rep from someone for simply praising my 64 degree wedge and pointing out how it has improved my scoring. Apparently some douche bags give neg reps for anything they personally disagree with.

SubPar

I got a negative rep from someone for simply praising my 64 degree wedge and pointing out how it has improved my scoring. Apparently some douche bags give neg reps for anything they personally disagree with.

THAT sound unfair to me, and should be allowed.

Some peoples use of the negative rep is childish, and yes if some one disagrees with your opinion you can fully expect some neg rep to come your way. However man up and put your name next to neg rep leads to you receiving a neg rep back in spite.

The rep system imo is good but is not used properly, how do you define what a good post is? I would say I have made a number of good informative posts that have gone unrewarded in terms of rep, and a few posts that people have disagreed with and have suffered a lot of neg rep.

At the end of the day my rep count on this forum does not directly effect me, but it is nice to be 'rewarded' for good posts, and not punished for a post with a differing opinion.

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

Some peoples use of the negative rep is childish, and yes if some one disagrees with your opinion you can fully expect some neg rep to come your way. However man up and put your name next to neg rep leads to you receiving a neg rep back in spite.

My reputation points are remained at 15 for a long, long time. Either no one reads what I write or have NO reaction to the posts and threads. I am "stuck in a rut".

My reputation points are remained at 15 for a long, long time. Either no one reads what I write or have NO reaction to the posts and threads. I am "stuck in a rut".

I think some people actually have a jelousy issue when giving out positive rep, feeling like they will be falling behind in the rep count, giving out neg rep is in a way a power trip I guess.

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

not had time to read all this, but my rep recently went from 8 to 4, in a matter of minutes? dont know why this happened, it did prevent me selling something on this site i believe.

If you click on, "user cp" on the top left of your screen, it will tell you if anyone has left you feedback.

Guys, about feedback, it really doesnt mean all that much. As long as you have 5 points of more, you arent limited as to what functions you have access to (with the exeption of moderator and admin powers). Ive gotten negative feedback before. Sometimes it was warranted (such as when I said Nike is a Japanese company) and other times it wasnt. In the instances where it wasnt warranted, I commented that I felt I didnt deserve a negative and it was removed. IMO, people put far too much stock in post count and reputation count. Our opinions all count the same, no matter if you have 1 post or 1,000,000 posts.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

• Administrator

No. Two things to read, the first of which is on

page one of this very thread . This thread: http://thesandtrap.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15143#7 Reason your rep dropped: http://thesandtrap.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15135 And again , negative rep for "disagreeing" is stupid. If you get bad rep, PM me and I'll take a look at it. Don't abuse PMing me, but if you feel you have a special case, go ahead. Also again, any rep over 5, who cares? So long as you have 5, what's it really matter? You can't give rep to other people? Okay, that happens at 9, I think, so if you have 9, what's it matter if you have 10 or 12 or 37?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

negative rep on the way - want to get you out that rut! forward or backwards lol

Note: This thread is 5757 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!