• Announcements

• iacas

Visit FlagstickRule.com   03/13/2017

Visit the site flagstickrule.com to read about and sign a petition for the USGA/R&A regarding the one terrible rule in the proposed "modernized" rules for 2019.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WilliamVdB

Taylormade V-Steel

7 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I have quite a gap between my 3 iron (cobra carbon cb stiff steel )and my 3 wood, so I'm thinking of putting a 5 wood or hybrid in my bag.
Normally I was about to buy a 5 wood but my 3 wood is a TM V-Steel 15° Stiff graph (which i LOVE and will keep in my bag for a while) and I'm afraid I'll hit a new 5 wood (burner or whatever) as far as my 3 wood.

I tried to get a v-steel 5 wood but they dont make them anymoreand I don't know where to get one so...
What do you guys think? maybe a 19° burner resque stiff? ( steel or graph i dno)

Thanks!

True but I live in Belgium, Europe so +35$ shipping costs and import taxes from the States for a second hands Vsteel would bother me.

*EDIT* I didn't read your edit yet, thanks, I'll check it out.

I still have my 3W V-Steel in my bag...and it won't come out. And I am lucky enough to have recognized the value of the club and purchased a 5W that I keep in storage just in case I want it or if the course strategy demands it to be placed in the bag.

I normally in my bag have my 3W V-Steel and carry a 19* 3 hybrid. The 19* hybrid length is very similar to my 5W flight. And what makes it more valuable is that it has a little more versatility. Great out of trouble/rough. Great when you want the ball to bite more on the greens.

My vote...go with the 19* hybrid. If it doesnt' suite your game...then go look for a used V-Steel on ebay.

Gosh...I still love my V-Steel.

keep your eye on ebay... there are still the occasional new v-steel getting listed. Check the US and UK sites - UK would be cheaper postage to you I would guess.

Your other option is to go with a 5 wood that has a 'standard' length shaft - the new burners are longer to generate more clubhead speed, and send the ball further. This was a consideration when I was looking for my 3; I didn't want one that was close to the distance of my driver, and bridged the gap between 5 wood and driver.

But, a hybrid may be an idea - something around 18 degrees such as Callaway X or Cobra Baffler Pro

Thanks a lot for your opinions

keep your eye on ebay... there are still the occasional new v-steel getting listed. Check the US and UK sites - UK would be cheaper postage to you I would guess.

yeah I was just looking at this one

http://cgi.benl.ebay.be/ws/eBayISAPI...tab%3DWatching Looks good as my swing speed is quite high and I have the Cobra Carbon CB's which i love... If they are quite similar I might go for it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0