IGNORED

Dropped the woods,only irons

Brakkus
Note: This thread is 5738 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

i have found that hyrids seemto be very inconsistent and fairway woods of the same loft more consistant.

Uh-oh, don't tell me that...I'm getting ready to drop about $450 on some Snake Eyes Tour Blacks and assemble them myself. :)

Jess

When I score well, its because of strong iron play and good putting. However, you still need to be able to hit your driver, or at least your 3-wood well if you want to shoot low scores.

This the thing,because of my handicap,there's no point in trying to reach anything above 380 or so in 2. I'm shooting around 100,so going for broke is only going to put my score higher.Besides if I want extra length I go with a hybrid.My 18 degree is 210-220,and the 16 gives me around 240,so it's not a huge loss not to have any woods at this point. The other thing is we all have yardages we are good at hitting from certain ranges,so play to them,my favourite is the 8 iron,and I like the SW,so it's easier to play for these distances based on the length of hole. It's a confidence thing,confident in my strategy,leads to more confident ballstriking,less confusion,then leads to more self-belief and better golf.

"Repetition is the chariot of genius"

Driver: BENROSS VX PROTO 10.5
Woods: BENROSS QUAD SPEED FAIRWAY 15"
Hybrids:BENROSS 3G 17" BENROSSV5 Escape 20"
Irons: :wilson: DEEP RED Fluid Feel  4-SW
Putter: BENROSS PURE RED
Balls: :wilsonstaff:  Ti DNA

I have been working with this method to play where I am now.

My main problems have been approach shots and trying to get some one putts. I rarely use the driver, right now, since I am more consistent in terms of distance and accuracy with the 3 wood. I have dropped my 5 wood for the Gap wedge.

So I carry a driver but use it judiciously. Even on a Par 5, if there is trouble I will opt for the 3 wood. Using the 3 wood and 3 hybrid, I can reach a par 5 in 3 (from the white tees).

I haven't tried playing from the Black or Blue tees - nor do I care to right now.

STR8 Dymo 10.5
Dymo 3W
Mid Rescue 3
MP-33 4-PW
Eidolon 52* GW LW, SW Titleist Bullseye Putter

This is my goal, as well. I'm definately NOT a distance player, and my Driver is the worst club in the bag. So, I spend a lot of time with my irons. 3-wood off the tee, then hybrid or 5-iron from then on.

The 3-wood is the only wood I carry.

(Well, now this really old 5-wood that's an all-metal thingy that plays more like an iron-hybrid).

PS: To play Bogey Golf, flirting with 90 on a regular basis, you simply get an extra shot from the tee box. So, on a Par 4, if you hit the Green in 3, you are playing Bogey Golf. Even a 450-yard Par 4 is simply 180 + 150 + 120. That's 3-wood + hybrid + 7 iron for me. So, technically, Bogey Golf is simple. Its just planning backward from the hole. Find a "Go-To" shot (maybe that's your 100-yard 9-iron), then back up from there to make sure you set yourself up for that shot. If your "Go-To" is a 20 yard pitch, then set yourself up for that.

example
350 yard Par 4.
Go-To Shot: 50 yard pitch.
Landing Zone is now at 300.
To be on the green in 3 (Bogey Golf, under 20 handicap), we have 2 shots to cover 300 yards.
150 + 150 will get you there (5-iron + 5-iron?).
200 + 100 will get you there (3-wood + 9-iron?).
That's your plan. Execute.

10.5* Driver (don't really ever use it)
3w, 5w
23* hybrid
5i through PW, SW
60* Wedge.....................................................................mellojoe

Note: This thread is 5738 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!