IGNORED

Your views on miniature golf

Fraser
Note: This thread is 5752 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What do you think of miniature golf?

• It's a hoot with friends after a few beers
    • I'd like to bring my Scotty & ProV1x. The ones they provide have no feel
    • It's a kids game
    • It brings shame upon the great game
    • It's good practice in case I come across a windmill on the course
    • I built a course in my back garden!
    • I don't like their idea of dress codes
    • I like it regardless of my alcohol intake

So, I've heard golfers loathe miniature golf but I quite enjoy it. What are your thoughts?

In the Matrix XTT Standbag:

Driver: Biggest Big Bertha 11*
Fairway Wood: Steelhead Plus 3 Wood
Irons: T-Zoid Titanium Insert irons 3-SWWedge: Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.04Putter: Pro Platinum Laguna 34" w/ British Open '04 headcoverBall: ProV1 Rule35 Playing again after a three year hiatus...

I usually play putt-putt about two or three times a year, usually with female friends for fun. Last few times I have taken my putter and a Nike One Platinum to use except on the 18th where the ball disappears when holed out.
My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

We just took my neice and nephew out to the driving range and then to mini golf afterwards. Heck yeah I bring my own putter . . . and then proceed to putt with one hand, or putt like a pool cue. Of course if we hadn't brought our clubs for the range I would have just used the cheap putters they have there and done just as badly! No windmills but we had a Fankenstein and a bear to butt through, among others! I can't believe how many people I saw in Cargo Shorts! Slackers!
My Equipment:
Northwestern 3-, 5-, 7- and 9-wood;
Goldwin AVDP Irons (5-10 plus PW);
U.S. Golf 60 degree wedge;
See-More Putter; Bushnell Yardage Pro 1000 Rangefinder;Golflogix GPS.

I like mini golf. Its a great way to practice your putting and it helps you to be more creative in terms of shot selection.
I usually use my own putter, never thought to use my own ball though.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I have seen minature golf tournaments on tv, they play seriously and for money with creative bank shots like pool.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

I have seen minature golf tournaments on tv, they play seriously and for money with creative bank shots like pool.

Now that's news to me. Do you get ESPN 5 or something

In the Matrix XTT Standbag:

Driver: Biggest Big Bertha 11*
Fairway Wood: Steelhead Plus 3 Wood
Irons: T-Zoid Titanium Insert irons 3-SWWedge: Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.04Putter: Pro Platinum Laguna 34" w/ British Open '04 headcoverBall: ProV1 Rule35 Playing again after a three year hiatus...

I enjoy it, think its really funny although for some reason I putt terribly lol

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

I love miniature golf. Always have ever since a wee lad. I take my boys when I can. Growing up on Cape Cod, I had access to many fun courses But being in Seattle, it's slim pickin's

Cheers,
Eric

what's in my Sun Mtn bag:
Driver: 3-Wood: Big Bertha Irons: Mizuno MP-54 Wedge: Mizuno 56°-10° Putter: Newport 2 Ball: Pro Vx

I enjoy it, it is a gmae you can easily be betten at by 10 year olds but it is overall fun! More luck need in it than skill I think

Driver- Snake Eyes 600T 11.5 Graphite Reg.
Woods- 3 & 5 Lynx Predator Graphite Reg.
Irons- 3-P Diawa Graphite Reg.
Putter- Ping Karsten (an old one)
Sandwedge- Console SteelBall- Whatever I can get my hands on Bag- Taylormade Stand Bag

i went any played thirtys five holes at a campground cause it was 1.50 a game, and dang i didnt even get one hole in one, thats pitiful, but i think i pared on just about every hole

Its not always how you drive the ball, but how it arrives.

I don't like mini-golf at all, personally. I loved it when I was like...5.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

My kids like it so we go about once a month or so. One place in town is $2 for ages 13 and up and $1 for ages 5-12, so the whole family goes and it is only $7. Some places are $5-6 a person so we stay away from them. My kids have fun with it and it is cheap way to get out of the house for an hour or two.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

ESPN 8 - the OCHO!!!!

Its on right after the national dodge ball championships. Gotta love the Ocho

When I've seen it on TV they had a hole in one on most of the holes. I played with my girlfriend once and got spanked....well I should say beat....well...

Anyway I could never get used to the rubber coated head, and she had no reference point of what a putt should feel like. It was a little emasculating.

I play it about twice a year, it's fun just to mess around. When I went to Myrtle, my friend and I brought are own putter just for the fun of it.
In the Bag:

Driver 10.5 r7 460 ti Reax regular shaft
3 Wood 15.5 LD F Speed Aldila NV stiff shaft
Hybrids 19 Tour Burner Rescue Reax stiff shaft. 21 degree torch series saber shaftIrons Sliver Scot 4-pw Rifle 5.0 shaftsSand Wedge 56 Degree Cg10 Black pearl finish 2 dotLob Wedge 60...

Note: This thread is 5752 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!