IGNORED

Baseball is Soon

kinger22_2005
Note: This thread is 6582 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which division will you be watching closely this year?

• AL East - Yankees, Red Sox, Blue Jays, Orioles, Devil Rays
    • AL Central - White Sox, Twins, Indians, Tigers, Royals
    • AL West - Angels, A's, Rangers, Mariners
    • NL East - Braves, Phillies, Marlins, Mets, Nationals
    • NL Central - Cardinals, Astros, Brewers, Cubs, Reds, Pirates
    • NL West - Padres, Diamondbacks, Giants, Dodgers, Rockies

• Administrator
So you are counting the Indians championship back in '48, but not the Browns in the 50's and 1964? Just a few years before the Super Bowl started? So what about the Yankees dominance in the 20's and 30's? Null and void because there were a lot less teams?

Null and void because it wasn't "the Super Bowl." The World Series has been The World Series since 1903.

In other words, in the NFL, teams try to win the Super Bowl. The Browns haven't done that yet (or even been to it). In MLB, teams try to win the World Series. Teams back to 1903 or so have done that. There were some "world champions" before that but the "American League vs National League" World Series began in 1903 (Boston Red Sox vs. Pittsburgh Pirates - Pirates lost). I think the only people in the world that count the pre-Super Bowl championships as "Super Bowls" are Browns fans, despite the fact that they're not alone in the world of "teams that have never been to the Super Bowl."

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...
Being a hated Yankee fan let me give you my picks in the American league.In the east The Yanks over the Blue Jays,Central-White sox over the Twins-West-Seatle over L.A. Yanks to make the W.S.and beat Braves in 6.Remember folks your read it here first.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

• 2 weeks later...
Ah yes, it's almost baseball time. I'm definitely a fan of it at the beginning and the end. I lose interest for a few months every season, but I always get back into it around late-August or early-September.

I would actually rather watch college baseball any day of the week over the professional counterpart. But I'm like that with most sports these days.

Anyway, onto the topic finally. I have a couple teams in baseball, but I really don't have a main favorite. I have always enjoyed watching the Giants, Cubs, and Mariners. I'm not sure why, but the Giants were my first favorite sports team back in the mid-to-late 80s. I was a young gun back then, but I loved baseball as a kid. I started watching the Cubs and Mariners in the early 90s. All these teams have had short runs in recent years, but none of the three have really gotten anything accomplished.

Nonetheless, I'll be cheering for those three teams again this season, and hopefully they can get something accomplished. I think the NL Central is always the best overall conference in baseball or near the top, with the AL West shortly thereafter. The NL East was very deep last season, but the Marlins shipped everyone out and will be in rebuilding mode once again.

I'm not Dodgers fan, but they definitely loaded up in the offseason. I don't agree with the guy who said they don't have anything except Gagne. They really went out and tried to load up, and it may very well pay off in the long run. It just depends if Garciaparra and a couple of the other acquisitions can stay healthy or not. Nomar hasn't stayed healthy for an entire season in quite some time. As I mentioned, however, I'm a Giants fan. So I hope they whip the Dodgers head-to-head and in the NL West standings.

I'm ready to start watching Baseball Tonight. I can always watch baseball highlights, even if I don't tune into many full games. I love seeing home runs and web gems.

• Administrator

Go Pirates! Ha ha.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator
I second that notion.

From Michigan? Really?

• 1 month later...
Go Cubs! Sorry Erik
IN THE BAG

Driver: R580 W/ Fujikura VistaPro Eighty S Flex
Woods: 15* 300 series R80
Irons: TaylorMade RAC LT T Step Professional 110-gram steel RegularWedge: TP Rac Black Y Cutter 52/8 56/12Putter: Nubbins M2Ball: Bridgestone e5Course: League @ Bedford Hills

• Administrator
Go Cubs! Sorry Erik

Eh. The Pirates are what they are. And until the current ownership moves on, they always (probably) will be.

GO REDS...even though griffey is on the dl AGAIN...UGGG
What's In The Bag?

Driver - Rapture 10.5 Epic 68g X-Pure - Balance Certified
Fairway Metal - Titleist PT 18°
Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52°, 56°, 58° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

• 2 weeks later...
I am an Angel's fan. My family is from Southern CA so I was really born into it. My mother is more of an Angel's fan, father is more of a Dodger's fan. I prefer the Angel's. Though, being a Canadian, I do have to pretend to like the Blue Jays...though it is getting easier especially this season as they picked up Molina and Glaus. The Mariners are my sentimental favorite and have been since we had their AAA team here many years ago.

The Brewers have been my one and only MLB team I have ever cheered for (even after transplanting to MN from WI - can't lower myself to cheer for the Twins). Its been brutal since 1992 but they seem to have some good young players and finally a decent owner (Goodbye, Bud Selig!).

Alan Olson

Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!
Check out our Facebook page!

Note: This thread is 6582 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!