IGNORED

Tifosi vs PeakVision sunglasses

Note: This thread is 6604 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I read the review here of the PeakVision sunglasses but wondering if anyone here has tried the Tifosi sunglasses with the GT (Golf/Tennis) lenses. I'm in the market for some new shades, ones I can actually wear while golfing, and these seem to be the two best choices at this point. Any suggestions?

• Administrator
I read the review here of the PeakVision sunglasses but wondering if anyone here has tried the Tifosi sunglasses with the GT (Golf/Tennis) lenses. I'm in the market for some new shades, ones I can actually wear while golfing, and these seem to be the two best choices at this point. Any suggestions?

I have astigmatism, but supposedly the Tifosi lenses correct for that. But here's my one-word review. PeakVision.

I tried the TIfosi lenses, but the ball appeared to be six inches closer to me when I looked out the bottom of the lenses as through the center. That ain't good.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I haven't tried the Tifosi shades yet, but I have a pair on the way. I'll let you know what I think (hopefully my results will be better than Erik's!).

I liked the PeakVisions on the course, but they are annoying to wear off the course. You might also consider SunBuster as a good golf-specific sunglasses brand. And the new Callaway-branded sunglasses (made by a new sunglasses company through a licensing deal) have excellent lenses for golf and general use, and some good styles (and some that are hideous). Not sure when they're hitting the street, probably in the next month or so.

in the bag today:
Driver: TaylorMade R9 10.5° (Fujikura Motore 65 stiff)
3-wood: Tour Edge Exotics XCG (Aldila DVS Fairway 75 stiff)
hybrid: Sonartec Md 21° (UST Proforce V2 Hybrid 85 stiff)
4-PW: Titleist 755 (Titleist TriSpec Regular)Wedges: Titleist Vokey Design 252.08 bent to 50.5° (Oil...

Great. I like the Tifosi styles available better than the PeakVision so if they're comparable... I have looked at the SunBusters but they looked "cheap" to me. I also saw the add in Golf Digest for the Callaway shades. I went to the website of the lens maker (NEOX?) and they have some pretty cool shades too. Of course I could always just stick with Oakley. I have a pair now but they don't have enough coverage and the ball goes in and out of the bottom of the frame. So, I have to take them off when hitting which sucks and they also are too dark in the shade. Maybe if I got some M-Frames with the "golf" lenses. Anyone have those?

Should be here any day. I'll have three interchangeable lenses: The GT, the ECS (supposed to make it easier to follow the ball in the air) and AC Red (all conditions lenses for driving, etc). Looking forward to giving them a try. I'll post as soon as they arrive with thoughts and maybe some pictures.

in the bag today:
4-PW: Titleist 755 (Titleist TriSpec Regular)Wedges: Titleist Vokey Design 252.08 bent to 50.5° (Oil...

Just received my Tifosis today, too late in the day to check them out in the sunlight. Two different frames: One a bit like Oakleys, one a bit like Bolle. Neither one is really my style, but they're both comfortable and a good fit. I would wear them for golf, but not off the course. But a couple of their styles (like the Q3) look cool enough for all-around wear.

I'm going to try a pair out tomorrow. They came with the ECS lenses (darker than I expected) installed. I popped the GT lenses in (pretty easy to swap them out) and I'll see how they work for driving/everyday use. Then I'll pop in the AC Red lenses for the next day.

I'll keep you posted, and try to get some pix too.

in the bag today:

The frames I have for review are the Stelvio in matte black and the Pave in gunmetal. The Stelvio reminds me of a Bolle frame, and I like it the better of the two. But I don't like the odd notch that sticks out at the far edge of each lens (above your cheekbone). Doesn't affect the performance of the glasses, but I think it looks funky.

The Pave is very Oakley-like. A blade-type frame with multiple colors (black, silver, gray) and sharply angled lenses. These are too NASCAR for me to wear around town, but they'll do fine on the golf course (I'll channel late-90s David Duval).

I do like the lenses so far, and the frames are very light and comfortable. The Kilo or Q3 models Tifosi has are much more my style. At any rate, I'll be interested to see how the lenses work vs. the PeakVision, Callaway/NEOX, SunBusters, etc. The PeakVision and SunBusters are great on the golf course, but look weird off the course.

I can also suggest checking on a company called SunDog. They have lots of different styles, good golf lenses and reasonable prices. They were my go-to shades on and off the course last year.

in the bag today:

• 1 month later...
The review of the Tifosi shades is now live:

http://thesandtrap.com/archives/appa...sunglasses.php

Now that I've used them for a while, I'd have to say I prefer the Tifosi shades vs. PeakVision. Not that PeakVision isn't a good product. But Tifosis are less expensive, I like the styles better, and they're more versatile for off-course use.

in the bag today:

• 2 weeks later...
I have tried all the different types of "golf" sunglasses that have come through the proshop and none of them have been as nice as my Oakley's. The other types tend to be either cheap looking, distort my sight, or both. Oakleys are expensive, yes. But I believe you get what you pay for. Plus since I work at a golf course we get a great discount on them.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Note: This thread is 6604 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!