IGNORED

Worst Course You ever played

firefighter2711
Note: This thread is 5710 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Breezewood "links" in ripley,ny. def not a real links course. its just old cow pastures that were very hilly. Got there and was told "its a little wet", the entire course had atleast 2 inches of water sitting on it. Not very fun, not a good course.

MacTec 460 Draw Driver
V-Foil M565 Irons
MT 3 Wood
GigaGolf 52deg gap wedge
Wilson 55deg sand wedge MT Don White 60deg Lob wedgeknockoff 2-ball putter

The worst 9 hole course I've ever played is a goat track in my home town. You can center stripe the fairway with your driver and loose the ball. The 3rd hole, par 3, is next to a river backwater and Canadian geese droppings cover the entire green. At least 1/3 of the course is covered with "Teenage Wasteland", fallen trees, burnt out shrubs, uncut hay fields, dried up ponds, etc. At one time the dogleg 8th par 5 actually had an old airplane sitting at the turn. This had to be the largest MOVABLE obstruction I've ever seen, assuming you knew how to put it in neutral. The wheels on the landing gear were intact.

The greens are so shaggy and slow you always play everthing right at the hole and 5 feet past. I think they cut the greens with shorter goats as opposed to the fairway goats that must be a few inches taller. There is no dress code, shirtless is aloud. I've never seen a shirtless woman there though. And no cart paths to speak of as driving on the fairway or greens would do no harm. This is an awesome place for the brand newbie or the golfer with more beer than he can fit in his cooler.

I edited my last post to protect the guilty, but as you mention bunkers man the sand at the course i described was like hittingof black top, but black top has more give

why? are you afraid of something? if it's crap, it's crap. If you're ever up in my neck of the woods, stay away from a place called Tall Timbers. what an overgrown parking lot. weeds on the greens,tee boxes in dis-repair, not a single ball cleaning station operational. i think being 1/2 in the tank is also a requirement as well. awful place. almost $40 with tax. jebus.

My Blog

Definately River Oaks in Myrtle Beach, SC. I would rather not play golf than play there again. Fairways were soaked (casual water litterally everywhere), the fairways were about 2 inches long, the greens were soaked. It was awful. Bunker were like cement. I managed to shoot a 77 because all the greens were soaked and the ball was biting like nuts.

2nd worse: Myrtlewood in Myrtle Beach, SC. Wide open, no drainage, bumpy + long greens, probably rolling a 2.3 on the stimpmeter. What an awful course.

Have any of you guys played these?

A couple years ago our course fired the head greenkeeper for his lazy attitude. He now works around the corner at another club. Everytime we have a competition between our two clubs and we play at his club, he finds a reason to do aerification the day before on the greens so nobody can roll a putt. Normally its a nice course but this really screws up the place....

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

Interestingly, the two worst courses I played were both located near a trailer park (<----insert joke here)

One was in Stephenville, and was pretty much a cow pasture, I think they mowed with a brush hog, and broke out the push mower for the greens (greens were ~3/4-1" tall grass, fairways were ~3-4") We gave up 'playing' on the first hole, and drank a whole lot of beer for the rest of the day. I played that course 2-3 times with my brother, and we always had fun.

The next one was in Horseshoe Bend, where my grandparents had a 'river house'. The course was up on top, and the airstrip runway was in play for several of the holes. No irrigation or drainage, and it wasn't mowed very often either. Some of the flags were missing the flag, leaving only a fiberglass stick in the ground to aim for.

On both, there were cracks in the soil large enough to lose a ball, or twist an ankle if you were to step into one.

I've since sworn off drinking, and have vowed to play only decent courses.

In my Sasquatch Tour Bag:

Driver - G10 10.5°: UST Pro Vorce V2 Shaft, Regular flex
Hybrid - G10 21° & 24°: TFC 129H, Stiff flex
Irons - S57 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, PW - Nippon 950GH stiff shaftsWedges - Tour 52°, 60° 56°Putter - 34" TracyBall - Treosoft

Note: This thread is 5710 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!