IGNORED

Suggestions on a new bag?

Note: This thread is 5709 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm looking for a new bag as the one I have now is about 10 years old. When I'm golfing alone(which is 1/2 to 3/4 of the time) and it's not really hot and humid out I will walk the course. When I'm with others or it's hot out I rent a cart.

So I'm looking for suggestions on a bag that will work well for both situations. Clubs I carry are: Driver, 3W, 5W, 3h, 4h, 5-PW, SW, LW and putter of course. Something with some nice club dividers where my clubs won't get all tangled up is important, as is a nice dual strap, insulated water bottle compartment, and a bag that won't turn and tilt all over the place when I have it strapped to the cart. My current bag is notorious for this, it drives me nuts. How many pounds is considered a light bag, average, and heavy bag? I need somewhere easily accessible to put a scorecard and pen too. External ball and tee holder would be nice but not a necessity.

Thanks

- Joel

TM M3 10.5 | TM M3 17 | Adams A12 3-4 hybrid | Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW

Vokey 50/54/60 | Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s | Bridgestone Tour B XS

Home Courses - Willow Run & Bakker Crossing

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm looking for a new bag as the one I have now is about 10 years old. When I'm golfing alone(which is 1/2 to 3/4 of the time) and it's not really hot and humid out I will walk the course. When I'm with others or it's hot out I rent a cart.

One of the popular names that comes to mind is the Ogio Grom? Anything by Ogio is great. They've come up with a new shoulder strap thats supposed to help with better weight distribution.

Sun Mountain makes great stuff, and Titleist has some great bags as well. I've also been thinking of upgrading, and doing a lot of searches on Ebay. Lightweight seems to be in that 5 to 8 pound range. Some are slightly lighter like the Ogio Stix bag. But it looks like something a 10 year old would carry. Still a nice bag though--I think it weighs like 3.5 lbs. I think some of the Ogio bags also have magnetic ball pocked that kinda "snaps" shut. Like the magnetic headcovers. Gluck

One of the popular names that comes to mind is the Ogio Grom? Anything by Ogio is great. They've come up with a new shoulder strap thats supposed to help with better weight distribution.

FYI Sun Mountain makes the bags for Titleist

But to the OP I would suggest the Sun Mountain MPB. It has 14 full length dividers, and a putter tube. it has many pockets, and the legs zip up for better use in a cart. And I think light bags, contrary to what LottaBalata said, is more around 3.5-4 LBS, then you ge the 4.5-6 LBS bags as a mid-weight bag, wih more features and pockets, and then 6+ the heavy-ier ones, mainly cart bags, with some "hybrid" bags in there, cart/carry bags.

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

Thanks for the tips so far guys.

I've looked at Ogio, Nike, Callaway, Ping, Titleist/Sun Mountain, TaylorMade and the only ones that have caught my eye so far are the Ogio Grom, Nike Extreme Sport Carry II, and the Sun Mountain MPB(actually watching a used one on Ebay, bid is at $10 right now) :). Anybody that owns these bags please speak up and give me a little review of them if you don't mind. As I said in my original post, a bag that won't twist and turn all over when it's in the cart is definitely a big plus for me. The Grom has the strap for it so it shouldn't do it but not sure about the other two bags. These bags are all larger in diameter than my current bag though so they strap will probably grip on them better, I think that's the main problem with my bag right now, the bag is just too small for the strap to grab it tight.

What are the differences between the Grom and Grom CC bags? On their website they make it sound like the logo is the only difference? The Grom CC is much cheaper on E-bay.

- Joel

TM M3 10.5 | TM M3 17 | Adams A12 3-4 hybrid | Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW

Vokey 50/54/60 | Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s | Bridgestone Tour B XS

Home Courses - Willow Run & Bakker Crossing

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

FYI Sun Mountain makes the bags for Titleist

You're absolutely right on the weight. I went back and searched. . .and I didn't know the S.Mountain/Titleist connection existed either.

Getting schooled here, lol I use an Ogio cart bag currently. . .that include when I walk. I use a 3-wheel pushcart. I don't remember the model to be honest, nice bag. . .pretty sure it weighs in at 8 or 9 lbs. Maybe that's why I included that weight as light, because I'm just used to it. Heck, I carry at least 2 dozen golf balls too. . .Plenty of room for more

Note: This thread is 5709 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!