IGNORED

Winter Gloves

Note: This thread is 5705 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Is it better to have winter golf gloves fit tight like a traditional golf glove or a little loose so they keep you hands warm?

Winter questions already; how depressing I have some Footjoy winter gloves and they fit pretty snug; same size, XL, as my regular gloves. I think if they were too big it would be hard to swing with them. I'm thinking of getting a pair of the large 'mitten' like cart gloves. Guys I know wear them while walking, slide them off when they hit and put them back on. They say they like the best for keeping the hands warm throughout the round. Also getting the hand warmers is good. Costco sells them in the fall for a great price.

You can find several types on The Golf Warehouse site.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

I gotta ask...at what temperature do you guys start wearing "winter" gloves? It was +4C here this morning and I definitely wasn't putting gloves on to go golfing...the wife did though. Once it's cold enough I need to put on gloves to play, it's about time to put the clubs away. Just wondering if people are golfing when its below 0C or if people from warmer climates start wearing gloves when it's still +10C out or something.

In my Datrek Rage bag:
Driver: Sumo 5000 w/ Aldila VS Proto Stiff
4-Wood: SasQuatch 2 w/ Diamana Stiff
Irons: AP2 4-PW w/ PX 6.0
Wedges: Zodia US Spec 52*, Yururi Gekku 57*, 588 DSG RTG+Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style 3.5 or Odyssey White Hot Tour #1Ball: ProV1 or whatever I find!

I put them on when my hands start to get too cold that it affects holding the club solidly. This is usually when the daytime high is somewhere between 4˚C and 6˚C. They are also handy in the winter on colder days when there is a bit of rain; put them on between shots to keep the hands warm and dry. Overall though, I don't wear them that often, but nice to have when needed.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

Note: This thread is 5705 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!