IGNORED

Got my index.

Maverick
Note: This thread is 6624 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Assuming you got that index off only five scores, would you mind posting those and the slope ratings.

I'm going to register for my first handicap index this season and am curious about the actual scores that yield, say, a 15.

Thanks!
A Mixed Bag

Driver 320Ti, 10.5 R, stock graphite
Ovation 3W, Aldila 65R graphite
Dunlop DDH 5W Edge CFT Hybrid 3-iron, #3 graphite CFT irons 4 - E wedge, #3 graphite Apex Edge F wedge 60 degree LW Bobby Grace M5K putter Laddie X A3

not to hijack mav's thread, but I'm having problems calculating my index. I joined Roosevelt Club in Los Angeles, a small 9 hole course, and after each round I enter my score in their computer. According to that computer my index is 13.4 which seems way to low for me, cuz I'm not good at all. How did they get to that number? I tried all kinds of online handicap calculator, but non of them gave me anything close to that index.

Rating: 63.4
Slope: 110
Scores: 50,48,49,47,43,49,47,46

not to hijack mav's thread, but I'm having problems calculating my index. I joined Roosevelt Club in Los Angeles, a small 9 hole course, and after each round I enter my score in their computer. According to that computer my index is 13.4 which seems way to low for me, cuz I'm not good at all. How did they get to that number? I tried all kinds of online handicap calculator, but non of them gave me anything close to that index.

what's par for the course?

also, it's strange that your scores are lower than the rating...with those numbers you gave you're like a plus-10 or better golfer! check your numbers again...i'm thinking that it's for an 18-hole round, so you'd have to play 18 to enter it in...

G5 10.5*, grafalloy blue pro launch S
BB 3W 15*
904f 19* 5W, graphite design ys-6 S
585h 19*, aldila nv 75-S
idea pro 23*, blue by you S mp-30 4-6; mp-33 7-pwCleveland 900 rtg 52*, wrx 60* spin milled vokey 56*/10Yes! heather putter b330s

Slope/Rating/Score

Thanks, Mav. Nice work on the 82! I'm psyched! I can do this. These look pretty much like my scores over roughly the same kind of tracks.

Our season in Colorado doesn't start until April, however.
A Mixed Bag

Driver 320Ti, 10.5 R, stock graphite
Ovation 3W, Aldila 65R graphite
Dunlop DDH 5W Edge CFT Hybrid 3-iron, #3 graphite CFT irons 4 - E wedge, #3 graphite Apex Edge F wedge 60 degree LW Bobby Grace M5K putter Laddie X A3

I was mentally going through the track and Roosevelt is a par 33 no? That rating looks like it's if you play it twice..so it looks like you have 4 rounds of 98, 106, 92, 93 (I just added the first two rounds and so on..)..funny the computer at your club doesn't do the same..your index of 13.4 is maybe for over 9 holes? double that 26.8 for 18..which sounds about right.

..and that 8th hole, uphill BLIND dogleg right..is a BITCH..I wonder what Tiger would score there..

ah, 26.8 makes much more sense for the level I'm playin at. Now I feel right about starting my intermediate lessons heh.

and I hateRoosevelt's hole 8! My average for that hole is 7.13! One day I will par it... YEAH RIGHT!

Way to go Mav! I have gone from a 6 to a 14.6 in 5 months (yeah, I know i'm going the wrong way). Due to serious health problems my tournament days are over and am just playing for fun again. Switched out all my equipment this week and believe it or not, am totally happy now and enjoying the game again. Playing with family and friends sure beats the pressures of the mini tours. Keep working at it and you will be a single digit before you know it!

Mike

Titleist 915 D-2 9,5*

Titleist 915F 15*

Titleist 915H 18*

Mizuno MP-4 3-PW

Mizuno MP 54* & 60*

Yes Pippi Putter

Note: This thread is 6624 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!