IGNORED

Who's a swinger and who's a hitter?

Note: This thread is 5697 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Are you a swinger or a hitter?

• I'm a swinger (left hand driving, right hand passive)
    • I'm a hitter (right hand driving, left hand semi-passive)
    • I don't know

much of the power comes from torso and legs - those that hit it with there right hand are playing a different game to me!

i hit with everything but the force comes from legs and torso, the arms obviously transmit the power but do not generate a whole lot.

I'm torn right now Pez.

I feel that as a swinger I have a bit more fluid, limber, and get a tad more feel on shots.

But lately practicing hitting I feel that I am already becoming more consistent.

I hit 300+ balls per day and I don't have to take a winter break here in South Louisiana so I could do either one but I'm finding swinging to take far more precision than hitting.

The timing just has to be 100% there to be a swinger but as a hitter its a lot simpler and the results are very similar. Plus its practically impossible to lag your club improperly.

I've picked up about 10 yards per club going from swinging to hitting.

MY REPLY: Either method can work, depending on the individual. Since "hitting" works for you, stick with it. Many of today's PGA Tour pros "hit" the ball, including Tiger (although there are times, especially with his irons, that he is a "swinger"). Distance seems to be the main goal of these players, and they really pound the ball. JB Holmes is in this category. From what I have seen, Boo Weekley is a "swinger" and that is why he was able to win at Harbour Town two years in a row. I would advise that you watch a golfer whose swing can serve as a model for you to copy. Good luck, and it sounds like you are on the right track.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

Either method can work, depending on the individual. Since "hitting" works for you, stick with it. Many of today's PGA Tour pros "hit" the ball, including Tiger (although there are times, especially with his irons, that he is a "swinger"). Distance seems to be the main goal of these players, and they really pound the ball. JB Holmes is in this category. From what I have seen, Boo Weekley is a "swinger" and that is why he was able to win at Harbour Town two years in a row. I would advise that you watch a golfer whose swing can serve as a model for you to copy. Good luck, and it sounds like you are on the right track.

It really does depend.

I hit the longest drive I ever have today with no wind or terrain aid at about 285 yards while HITTING. But when it comes to shorter shots I almost always prefer to be a swinger because it is just so much more of a feel swing. I'm really unsure as to whether or not I wanna do one part time and another part time as I feel that would screw me up, but I'm really not sure.

Certified G.O.L.F. Machine Addict

Im a right-thumb-and-index-finger guy. Hitter

I do try to use my hands to make sure the club releases. Soon as I forget about my hands, ball goes 40 yards right :)
In The Bag

Titleist 905T 9.5°
Nike Sumo2 15°
Nike Sumo2 19°Nike Forged Irons - 3-PW Titleist Bob Vokey Spin Milled 56°10°Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2

this pretty much a righty thing?

Taylormade TP 2010 9.5 Fubuki stiff
07 Burner 5W stiff

Adams F11 Ti 3W Adilia NVS Stiff
Bobby Jones 21* & 25* Hybrid
AP1 4-gw
CG14  60*::X forged Vintage 56* Ping b60 putter Balls: Bridgestone B330, ProV, Goals: Shot par over 18 holes, Best shot: Par 5 18th hole, Alling Memorial New haven CT; holed my 2nd shot for an Albatross! (June 20th, 2008)

Note: This thread is 5697 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!