IGNORED

My Course's New Member Orientation

iacas
Note: This thread is 6645 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Nice. I think its important to tell people these things because even though they seem like second nature to many of us... some people just don't know.

At my home course, if you're a junior golfer (10-14 or something) you have to pass a "bag-tag" test before you're allowed to play the course by yourself. The test is pretty simple, just runnin over some basic rules of the game and course etiquette and a three-hole supervised scoring test. When I was ten and trying to get my bag tag that was the most pressure-packed situation I've still ever been in on a golf course.

Jeff Gladchun

In my bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R7 Quad, 9.5°, Aldila NV
3 Wood: Titleist 904F, 15°, YS-6+ StiffIrons: Titleist 695CB 3-PWWedges: Titleist Vokey 252.08, SM56.10 SM60.08Putter: Odyssey White Steel #5 Center-ShaftBall: TaylorMade TP Black / Titleist ProV1xHome Course: Oakland Hills...

i think that's fantastic. since i didn't grow up playing the game, i wish someone would have showed me one of these or talked me through one of these when i started playing...

G5 10.5*, grafalloy blue pro launch S
BB 3W 15*
904f 19* 5W, graphite design ys-6 S
585h 19*, aldila nv 75-S
idea pro 23*, blue by you S mp-30 4-6; mp-33 7-pwCleveland 900 rtg 52*, wrx 60* spin milled vokey 56*/10Yes! heather putter b330s

• Administrator
i think that's fantastic. since i didn't grow up playing the game, i wish someone would have showed me one of these or talked me through one of these when i started playing...

We're thinking now of putting together a short DVD for people to watch when they join the club and to perhaps run in a loop in a corner of the pro shop or something.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Having this type of orientation is a really good idea. To be honest, it's the first I've heard of such a thing. But yeah, it makes logical sense. Not just for kids, but for folks who pick up the game at a later age as well.

Even a refresher course every few years to get updated on any new rules, policies, procedures, etc... might be helpful too.

Matt Karlak
a.k.a. The Undaunted Duffer

Driver: GT Xtreme
3 Wood: EVO5 Wood: Tight LiesHybrid: 3 ironIrons: X16's 4-SWPutter: AnserBall: DT SoLo

Note: This thread is 6645 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!