IGNORED

Big Break X: Michigan

Golfgal
Note: This thread is 5622 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Some of the women from Big Break Michigan are competing in the Duramed Futures Tour qualifying school, which began Tuesday and runs through Friday. It's the longest golf scroll you'll ever encounter, 312 players.

Scores through two rounds: http://www.duramedfuturestour.com/20...erRealTime.asp

* T160 - Bernadette Luse -- 78-76 (+10)
* T160 - Amber Prange -- 78-76 (+10)
* T128 - Camila Mori -- 79-73 (+8)

I haven't followed Big Break for very long, so I could have missed some names, but these I recognized from previous seasons:

* T147 - Bridget Dwyer -- 75-78 (+9)
* T112 - Jeanne Cho-Hunicke -- 76-75 (+7)
* T98 - Laura London -- 73-77 (+6)
* T79 - Susan Choi -- 73-76 (+5)
* T53 - Dana Bates -- 74-74 (+4)

BlingoQueen, aka Charlotte Campbell, champion of Highway 18 with her brother Rob, is at T98, 75-75 (+6).

Charlotte is currently one shot beyond the cutoff point. After Thursday's 3rd round, the field will be cut to the top 90 and ties. Right now, 97 players are at +5 or better. The lead is -9. The courses are all in the Lakeland, Florida area, one round apiece at Cleveland Heights, Huntington Hills and Imperial Lakes. After Thursday's cut, the final round will be held at Cleveland Heights.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dana Bates was the only one from the names I posted last night who advanced to the final round of the Duramed Q School. Nice round of 70 by Dana today. She moved up to T30, 74-74-70 (+2).

Otherwise it was brutally close for 3 women -- Charlotte Campbell, Susan Choi and Camila Mori missed the 54 hole cut to 90 and ties by 1 shot.

* T95 - Camila Mori -- 79-73-73 (+9)
* T95 - Susan Choi -- 73-76-76 (+9)
* T95 - Charlotte Campbell -- 75-75-75 (+9)

Charlotte has some status for 2009 based on her Duramed results this year. I'm not sure what it means for the others.

http://www.duramedfuturestour.com/20...erRealTime.asp

Rounding out the Big Breakers who missed the cut:

* T154 - Amber Prange -- 78-76-76 (+14)
* T144 - Laura London -- 73-77--79 (+13)
* T131 - Bernadette Luse -- 78-76-74 (+12)
* T131 - Bridget Dwyer -- 75-78-75 (+12)
* T108 - Jeanne Cho-Hunicke -- 76-75-75 (+10)

One name I overlooked yesterday: Perry Swenson of Road Trip: Myrtle Beach made the cut on the number.

* T86 - Perry Swenson -- 76-73-75 (+8)

Two women have distanced themselves with excellent outings so far, Pernilla Lindberg (a) and Hannah Jun at -12, five shots clear of third place.

Dana Bates (Big Break Ka'anapali) and Perry Swenson (Road Trip: Myrtle Beach) went in opposite directions today in the final round of the Duramed Q School, Dana with a 77 while Perry had the best round of the day with a 67.

Perry ended up T29 at +3, while Dana finished T45 at +7. Both should be in good shape on that tour for 2009.

The 94 players who made the 54-hole cut will receive exempt or non-exempt status for the 2009 Duramed Futures Tour season. The number of exempt players will be determined following the final stage of LPGA Qualifying School in early December. Dana is in the LPGA Q School finals.

Similar to sniping at each other in Golfgal's audio interviews this week, David and Sally have heated appraisals in their blog entries on the Golf Channel website. Other teams writing blogs have blended thoughts from each person within one entry. David and Sally have separate blogs. Sally hinted she became more aggressive toward David next week. I haven't been the greatest at forecasting outcomes on Big Break, but I have a feeling David and Sally won't be around much longer:

http://www.thegolfchannel.com/core.aspx?page=23468

This is from Sally's blog:

"Isn’t it funny whenever people do not like the way they are portrayed on reality TV they blame the editing! I heard it from Lori last season and now I am hearing it from David. I have to chuckle. Did editing make everyone else look good or hit good shots? No! Did editing make my shot look like a shank? No, it was a shank! What you are seeing is a fairy accurate portrayal of a seven-hour golf shoot and another four hours of interviews."

"In case anyone was wondering my name is Sally not “baby” or “honey”.

At the wrap of shooting episode 5, they gathered all of us around and reminded the cast to treat the crew and each other with respect. At the time I thought how sad they have to remind adults to behave professionally.

Honestly, by this point I felt I was walking on pins and needles with my partner. Needless to say I was uncomfortable.

I think the comment of the day came from Casey Lubahn who said, “keep your mouth off my ball.” I could not have agreed more, all I wanted was a little peace and quiet so I could go through a pre shot routine. Haymes also put it well when he said, “The line has been crossed.” David habitually stepped over the line. I finally do something about it in episode six."

BTW, a Big Break pairing is doing extremely well in the PGA event at Disney this week. Tommy Gainey is T5 after 3 rounds, sitting at -16, only 3 shots behind Scott Verplank and Steve Marino. Davis Love is sandwiched between Gainey and the leaders.

It's easily TTG's best effort on the big tour. Perhaps not a coincidence. Don Donatello is looping for him this week. DD is supposedly a great reader of greens.

After his round today, Gainey was interviewed by Golf Channel and said his putting was all the difference. He credited a switch to a Rife putter, saying he visited their nearby facility earlier in the week and they fitted him for a 34 inch model, down from his standard 35 inch. Earlier this year Kim Welch also visited that Rife plant and switched to their putters after previously using an Odyssey 2-Ball.

Tommy needs to win tomorrow. Otherwise it's back to Q School.

Any one care to share their opinion about tonight's episode? I think David went a little overboard on the Worst Drive challenge when he purposely hit a bad shot so Sally didn't really have a choice as to the type of shot she could hit. They sueaked by in the elimination challege, so I guess we put upo with him another week.

My bag:

Bag: TaylorMade

Driver: Taylormade Super Fast 2.0 (S)

3W: Taylormade Super Fast 2.0 (S),

Hy: 3 (18*) Rescue, Irons: 4-9, PW, AW TM Burner 2.0, Wedges: Rumar 56 and 60 degree, Putter: TM Ghost Blade

Ball: TM RBZ

Shoes: FootJoy DryJoys

I really hope David and Sally don't stick around much longer. Not many people I've ever seen are so full of themselves as David; either that or he is just full of it trying to cover up bad shots and attitude in the name of 'strategy'.

On another note, I wouldn't mind seeing David and Don Donatello go head to head in a match... Now there would be 2 tools going at it

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

Any one care to share their opinion about tonight's episode? I think David went a little overboard on the Worst Drive challenge when he purposely hit a bad shot so Sally didn't really have a choice as to the type of shot she could hit. They sueaked by in the elimination challege, so I guess we put upo with him another week.

I'd love to share my opinion - that was the most bizarre BB I've ever seen. And I've seen all of them. BB Ka'anapali was mean spirited, but that was between competitors. The tragedy of Dave and Sally is just so sad.

I spoke to Michael about this week's show. I felt bad he and Sherri were eliminated, but they were really gracious about it. Michael shared a few things we didn't see, which is always great. I'll chat with David and Sally on Wed and post those interviews on the blog. They should be very entertaining ;) Gayle

Golfgal
www.golfgal-blog.com

On another note, I wouldn't mind seeing David and Don Donatello go head to head in a match... Now there would be 2 tools going at it

LMAO I would pay to see that one. Yeah im getting tired a Dave's antics. He has no game at all.

I think that we should have a BB for all the contestants over 10 shows to date, that viewers love to hate. I have a few to add to that list. ;)

Golfgal
www.golfgal-blog.com

Sally's swing is awful. How does Amber get around the course with that swing of hers? This is some of the worst shot (non) making I've seen on Big Break.

Sally's swing does look awful. I think she is pressing a lot. Say what you want about Amber, she won't be playing on the tour, but she consistently makes pretty good contact. Some of the other girls with good swings are having wildly varying results.

My Clubs
Nicklaus Progressive XC Irons: 3H,4H, 5-GW
Ray Cook SW & Gyro 1 Putter
Taylor Made Burner Driver 10.5
Taylor Made V-Steel 3 & 5 MetalsMy Home Course: Indian RiverMy Blog: Rant-o-Rama-Ding-Dong

I'd love to share my opinion - that was the most bizarre BB I've ever seen. And I've seen all of them. BB Ka'anapali was mean spirited, but that was between competitors. The tragedy of Dave and Sally is just so sad.

Michael really calmed down after the first couple of shows. I thought he was going to be a pain but I liked him in the end. David is a jerk, but everyone was complaining at first about things being too pedestrian. Be careful what you wish for. I got to hand it to Sally, she saved their butts in the elimination no thanks to David. If she just calms down she will be alright and that team despite all the turmoil might surprise us.

My Clubs
Nicklaus Progressive XC Irons: 3H,4H, 5-GW
Ray Cook SW & Gyro 1 Putter
Taylor Made Burner Driver 10.5
Taylor Made V-Steel 3 & 5 MetalsMy Home Course: Indian RiverMy Blog: Rant-o-Rama-Ding-Dong

Sally's swing is awful. How does Amber get around the course with that swing of hers? This is some of the worst shot (non) making I've seen on Big Break.

That's why I always get disgusted watching any BB. These people are supposed to be scratch golfers and I feel a have a more fundamentally sound swing than half of them.

Well, I guess that's the price you pay for picking a realistic career and only being able to play 25 times a year. I guess I could have built on my lackluster college golf record instead of choosing to eat.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

I think David went a little overboard on the Worst Drive challenge when he purposely hit a bad shot so Sally didn't really have a choice as to the type of shot she could hit.

David did not plan that shot, that would require him thinking about someone other than himself. I've had the pleasure of being around guys like him, no matter what happens, they planned it that way and they provide you some illogical, convoluted, nonsenseical explaination to back up their actions. You have a chance to put away your competition and you'd rather hit bad shot in order to teach your partner a lesson?

Yea, right... jmoc

"Courage is fear holding on one minute longer." Gen. Geo. S. Patton, 5 June 1944

Grom Desert Camo
Dymo HL Driver and 5 Wood
GC Hybrids 3-5 i15 irons 6-pw Tour-W 50*, 54* and 58* wedges White Hot XG Hawk Freak Neo GPS

David did not plan that shot, that would require him thinking about someone other than himself. I've had the pleasure of being around guys like him, no matter what happens, they planned it that way and they provide you some illogical, convoluted, nonsenseical explaination to back up their actions. You have a chance to put away your competition and you'd rather hit bad shot in order to teach your partner a lesson?

I have to agree with jmoc 110%. No, wait. 100% is all there is. I agree with jmoc 100%.

David makes any jerks on any previous BBs look like really swell guys; and that's the truth!

Sally's swing does look awful. I think she is pressing a lot. Say what you want about Amber, she won't be playing on the tour, but she consistently makes pretty good contact.

Sally appears to be going through a bad time in her golf game and maybe her swing is suffering. Amber has the Auric Goldfinger swing, except she is more flexible and hence has a follow through. But she gets the ball where she is looking and most of her shots last night would have been playabe (on the green or just off) but not in the circle.... jmoc

"Courage is fear holding on one minute longer." Gen. Geo. S. Patton, 5 June 1944

Grom Desert Camo
Dymo HL Driver and 5 Wood
GC Hybrids 3-5 i15 irons 6-pw Tour-W 50*, 54* and 58* wedges White Hot XG Hawk Freak Neo GPS

Note: This thread is 5622 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!