IGNORED

Will you play in the 20's?

King Cobra II
Note:Β This thread is 5644 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah, lower temperatures just mean I walk 9 or 18 instead of going to the range. I'm actually going today in about 3 hours, the high today is 35 degrees with a chance of snow, but I've got to get some golf in before it snows and the course is closed.

In my Walter Hogan Signature Bag

Driver:W-Series Hibore XL
Fairway:Speed LD
Irons:S9 LadiesWedges:S9 LadiesPutter:White Hot XG 2-BallΓ’Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and it...

I played in the 30's this past Saturday. SUn was out and I was layered up. i actually shot my lowest score of the year.

Sun with no breeze aint half bad.

Weapons of Mass Destruction
* Driver - SQ Dymo - 10.5*
* Woods - SQ Dymo 3 Wood - 15*
* Irons - Black Pearl CG 7 - 4 thru PW
* Wedges - RAC Y-Cutter - 60* * Utility - Niblick - 42* & 56** Putter - YES Callie* Ball - E6*** Looking to buy a Niblick 49*

I played in the 30's this past Saturday. SUn was out and I was layered up. i actually shot my lowest score of the year. Sun with no breeze aint half bad.

I definitely agree with that. Yesterday was pretty windy but I shot my lowest score yet. Must be something about the cold that keeps me on my toes.

In my Walter Hogan Signature Bag

Driver:W-Series Hibore XL
Fairway:Speed LD
Irons:S9 LadiesWedges:S9 LadiesPutter:White Hot XG 2-BallΓ’Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and it...

im from hawaii so you can only imagine my tolerance to cold weather... i thought san diego was cold in the winter... now that im on the east coast ill have to see how things turn out... tho i hear it rarely gets below 40's/30's here

RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

yes! i can't go consecutive days without playing golf, and I don't like to miss 1 day a week. so my standards are:

- temp at or above 20
- wind less than 10mph
- no rain! (i will only play in rain if it's not below 45-50)

Callaway FT-9 Tour 9.5* with Prolaunch Blue S| Adams InSight XTD A3 15* FW | Adams IDEA a3 hybrid irons | Callaway 52* X-Tour Forged wedge | Titleist Bob Vokey SM56* | PING Day putter

Favorite Ball: Srixon Z Star X

Home Course: Majestic Pines GCage: 16

now i feel like a giant wuss. I played in 50 degree weather today and thought it was cold.... then again the wind was ridiculous. The problem for me is really the hands. I have problems keeping feelin in my hands when it gets cold.

As for 20 degree golf... My lower body can handle it easy. I'd have to be able to keep my ears and hands warm. And also have to wear something that can be warm, yet movable at that temp. I'd definitely do it though. I love empty golf courses.

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5Β° Stock Stiff
Wood: Tour Burner TS 13Β° Stock Stiff
Hybrid: Tour Burner T2 18Β° Stock Stiff
Irons: Tour Preferred 3-PW Rifle Project X 6.0
Wedges: 54.10|58.08 Z TP Rifle Spinner 5.5 Putter: VP Mills VP2 Ball: TP/Red.LDP Bag: Warbird Hot Stand Bag 2.0Started playing...

what kinda clothes would you have to wear to keep your swing free in 20* weather without sacrificing warmth? i have no idea cuz where ive lived i never had to worry about anything below 50*

• 2 weeks later...
Not if today is any indication. It was 25 and I was bundled up like the Pilsbury Doughboy to walk to the store. Actually the 30mph wind was the real deal breaker.

"You can foment revolution or you can cure your slice - life is too short for both" David Owen

WITB*: 2010 winter edition

Driver: AyrtimeFW/hybrid: Distance Master Pro Steel 5w, 7w, 27* hybridIrons: Powerplay 5000 hybrids (6i-SW)Wedge: SMT Durometer 55 degPutter: Z/I Omega mallet*as soon...

Now that I live in the South I can wait for 40's... In Michigan I may have... snow was always a problem though...
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5Β° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14Β° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18Β°) & 3h(20Β°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52Β°-10Β° & 58Β°-10Β°; Odyssey...

it was low 40's today an i was freezing my jewels off and i couldnt even think straight let alone attempt to swing a club... maybe if it wasnt cloudy an windy i woulda been better off

Coming from a guy who has gone scuba diving in 40* water (diving wet, mind you),

absolutely. Besides, a lot less traffic on the course when its cold out.
In my bag:

Driver: Speed LD F
Irons: SQ sumo 4-PW
Putter: oversizedBalls: One

Not if today is any indication. It was 25 and I was bundled up like the Pilsbury Doughboy to walk to the store. Actually the 30mph wind was the real deal breaker.

well I live in New Zealand and its summer so I'm out playing in flip flops and a singlet :)

in my strike carry bag I have
10.5* regular W-506 driver (going to upgrade)
16* stiff Big Bertha 4+ wood
22* stiff XLS Hibore hybrid
4 to PW TA6 irons with stiff steel shafts 50*, 54* and 60* wedges, all different models Sophiha blade putter Z-URS golf ball'Do you know what you are? A victim of...

60 is good
50 is gettin too cold
40 is way too cold
30 is crazy
20 is completly ridiculous

thats with no wind or rain--golf is supposed to be fun and i personally have no fun wearing a bunch of layers and freezing my butt off. i played in 55 and light rain the other day and i quit after 5 or 6 holes cause it was too cold and wet

Carry Bag
Hyper-X 9 Degree Stiff
Redline 13 Degree Stiff
Halo 19 Degree Hybrid Stiff
BH-5 3-PW Stiff SV Tour 52 Degree Stiff Rac Chrome 56 Degree Stiff Scotty Cameron Oil Can Santa Fe 33" Burner

Note:Β This thread is 5644 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!