IGNORED

Will you play in the 20's?

King Cobra II
Note: This thread is 5657 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just curious as to whether or not you guys are as crazy (or crazier then I am). I played today when the temp was sitting in the high 20's with a wind-chill of around 10. Who else would do this for golf?

In the bag:
Driver: r7 quad v2 stiff
3-Wood: XLS
Hybrid: X
Irons: CG Golds 3-GWSW: x forged 56/13LW: Vokey sm 60/.08Putter: Callie 35''Ball: pro v1

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's sunny I probably would. Do you use a hammer or a drill to put your tees into the ground?

"You can foment revolution or you can cure your slice - life is too short for both" David Owen

WITB*: 2010 winter edition

Driver: AyrtimeFW/hybrid: Distance Master Pro Steel 5w, 7w, 27* hybridIrons: Powerplay 5000 hybrids (6i-SW)Wedge: SMT Durometer 55 degPutter: Z/I Omega mallet*as soon...

Not a freakin' chance! Does not compute.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

i probably would. I mean, with under armour, i can go out with layers on, and still can be able to swing a golf club. and i walk when i play, so i stay moving the whole time. and to glebert: i would use a hammer

In my vaporlite carry bag
DRIVER ft-5. 9* Mitsubishi Diamana BlueBoard 73 X-stiff
FWY WOOD: 980F 15 EI-70 X Stiff
Hybrid: Burner tour launch 4 hybrid
IRONS mp-57 4-pw with project x 6.5 shaftsPUTTER: Rossa Classic AGSI+ Monte Carlo WEDGES vokey spin milled oil can 52.08, 58.12Niblick 42*

Twenty is pretty chilly. 30's is probably as low as I'd go. Beisdes we just got a couple of inches of snow so the only course that is open suspends play when there is snow on the greens.

5000 9.5 Graphite deisgn ys6+ stiff
Insight 3 wood stiff
4 hybrid
:I10 3-w AWT Stiff blue dot
X tour 58, 54:VPNXT Tour

i played this year at 3 degress are you guys talking celsus cause if so 20 is nothing at all i play in 3 degress just put on some pants and a windshirt

driver. taylormade tour burner tp ust avixcore tour green 75 x
3 wood 909 f3 13* voodo xnv8
3 hybrid adams idea pro vs proto 95x
irons 3 no 4 5-pw nike cci forged blades
gap wedge nike sv tour blacksand wedge cg14 56* 14flopadopolous vokey spin milled 64 7putter scotty cameron classics newport...

Just curious as to whether or not you guys are as crazy (

I believe I am, considering I was the the one

without gloves today, not that your foot joy cold weather gloves insulate very well in the first place. Cold weather golf is definitly worth it for anyone who hates playing with crowds. Courses are relatively empty with no waiting on tee boxes. Thats if your willing to brave the elements though, wind can be brutal.
Driver R7 Quad
3 Wood R7 Quad Ti
Irons 3-PW FP
Wedges SV 56,60
Putter White hot 2 ball

It depends on the wind.

It'd be nice to have one of those small propane heaters that will fit in a cup holder on your cart or pull cart.

It'd also be really cool if someone would market a light heater for your lower golf bag...in the grip area. Think of how nice it'd feel to pull out a club with a warm grip. I must be dreaming again.

909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

I played every weekend there was no snow on the ground last year. I have 2 rounds where it was 22 degrees out and windy. Layered up and wore a ski mask and knit cap. Had my best scores up to that point on those days. It was funny because I would hit an approach from 80 yards or so and the ball would hit the front 1/3 of the green, bounce like it hit the path and go off the back of the green in the air.

It depends on the wind.

Next time you play in the cold, grab a dozen hand warmers and throw them in the bottom of your bag

In my stand bag:
9* G10 driver
904F 15* 3 wood
3-PW MP-52 irons
Burner Rescue 19* HybridSpalding 60* lob wedge Tiffany 34"Leupold GX-I rangefinderTitleist Pro V1 ball

I have many time - even in light sleet and snow. It's hard, but really fun, but you have to walk or you never get warmed up.

My swing thoughts:

- Negative thinking hurts more than negative swinging.
- I let my swing balance me.
- Full extension back and through to the target. - I swing under not around my body. - My club must not twist in my swing. - Keep a soft left knee

i will play in the 20's as long as the wind isnt blowing *too* hard.

ive played in the snow with an orange ball a couple times before.. it was fun. the only thing i dont like about it is the golf cart ride and chapped lips.

i use one of those quarterback handwarmers strapped around my waist to keep my hands warm between shots and wear 2 gloves...

RBZ stage 2 driver & 3 wood

Original AP1 4-GW

Vokey 54.10 & 58.04

Scotty Newport 2

I'm in Canada so playing in the 20s (C, not F) this time of year would be a dream :)

In my bag:
Driver: HiBore XLS (9.5*, stiff, gold shaft)
Irons: FP II 4-GW
Wedges: mp R series 56/13 588DSG 60*
Putter: Unitized TiempoBag: ADIDAS Velocity

i played this year at 3 degress are you guys talking celsus cause if so 20 is nothing at all i play in 3 degress just put on some pants and a windshirt

I think is 20° Fahrenheit, that is -6.67° Celsius. At that temperature I will be dying

where I play it's always between 15 - 22 Celsius degrees. Greetings!

Driver: 905R 9.5° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Fairway: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Hybrid: 585.H 21° (S300) | Irons: AP2 4-PW (Project X 6.0) | Wedges: Vokey Design 52.08, 56.11 & 60.11  | Putter: Studio Select Newport 2 

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

The weather forecast for Sunday is -3 to -4° C and I cannot imagine not going for a quick game. Maybe not 18 holes but certainly one or two hours outside playing. It'll be my first time doing that but I am confident that with the right clothes it won't be too bad

Driver: Mizuno MX-500
Hybrid: Cleveland HiBore 23°
Irons: Mizuno MX-25 4-P, MP-60 2-Iron
Wedges: Mizuno MX 51°, MX 56°
Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi BC1Putter: Mizuno Tour 940

Note: This thread is 5657 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!