IGNORED

Lost about thirty yards per club, whats going on?

montru
Note: This thread is 5599 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi All

Hi, The exact same thing happened to me after I came back from a 2 week trip for work except for me it wasn't just distance it was contact as well; I was shanking and slicing like nobody's business. It took me a few trips to the driving range to get my swing back. My advice is to relax and use your muscle memory that you trained up in the past to ease back into your swing. I found that trying to force ideas and tips made it more difficult for me to get my swing back and actually letting my body do what it wanted made it a lot easier.
Taylormade R9 TP 9.5*w/ Diamana Kai'li 70 S (SST PURE)
Callaway FT 3 Wood
Adams Pro Black Hybrid 20* w/ Voodoo NV8 S
MP-68 3-PW irons w/ KBS Tour X-flex (softstepped 1x)
Cleveland CG-12 52.10Cleveland CG-15 DSG 56.08 Vokey Limited Edition 60-V w/ KBS black nickel S-FlexCircle T Beached Center Shaft...

Hi All

Check your shoulder alignment make sure that your shoulders are not to open ,I went to japan in july for 2 weeks and when I got back that was my problem so when I would come through the ball on my down swing I would be really steep and outside in causing these really I mean really high weak slices and fades I normally hook the ball when I make a bad swing, also my left arm was breaking down and getting away from my body on my way through the ball, so what I did was at address once I got set I would kind of roll my left shoulder up and in so that it kept my left arm stable through the swing and did'nt let me sort of chicken wing it.

Mizuno mp 630 9.5 Mitsubishi Fubuki stiff
Taylormade R7 RE*AX 55g Stiff
Taylomade Rescue mid 19* Light metals 95g
Mizuno MX25 4 -52*Gap True Temper Dynalite S/L
Mizuno MP-T 56* / 60*Odyssey White Hot Tour # 1

I Went to Golf USA yesterday and asked if I could go on their computer analyser, after hitting a few 6 irons to warm up I switched to my driver, the computer was reading my swing speed was down to 82-86mph, the guy in the store said that would be where I am losing the power/distance.
The big thing is that losing 10-12mph off my swing using a stiff shaft is giving me all sorts of problems, after a lot of discussion with the guys in the store they said that with me building quite a bit of muscle and not doing any proper streaching my upper torso is very tight and I couldn't do a full rotation.
I never really thought about it before but I suppose it makes sense now, since coming back from the store I have been doing rotation streaches and also did a yoga workout this morning with my wife, I went out to practice tonight and saw a marked improvement.
The guys in the Golf USA store said to do my streaching etc for two weeks and then go back to see them and see what my swing speed is back up to.
I'll keep you posted on my progress etc soon.

Mike

Driver: Taylormade R9
3 Wood: Cobra S 9-1
5 Wood: Cobra S 9-1
7 Wood: Cobra S 9-1

Irons: Taylormade r7 Custom Fit (SW-4)

Putter: Taylormade Rossa Monza Spyder

Balls: Titleist Pro V1x

Note: This thread is 5599 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!