IGNORED

Current active players that will make HOF

PiKapp23
Note: This thread is 5578 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This is from TheGolfChannel.com today about HoF ballot and voting:

HALL OF FAME: Not only did Kenny Perry’s three victories last year earn him a spot on the Ryder Cup team, it got him on the PGA Tour ballot for the World Golf Hall of Fame.

The Hall of Fame released its ballots to voters Tuesday. Perry and Jay Haas were added to the PGA Tour ballot, while Darren Clarke of Northern Ireland was added to the International ballot.

For players to be on the PGA Tour ballot, they must be at least 40 and a Tour member for at least 10 years, with a minimum of 10 victories or a combination of 20 PGA and Champions Tour victories. Perry now has 12 wins; Haas won twice last year, pushing his combination of wins to 21. Clarke became eligible by turning 40.

Voters include Hall of Fame members, golf writers, historians and golf dignitaries from around the world. The ballots are due March 2, and players require 65 percent of the vote to be elected. (If no one is elected, the player receiving at least 50 percent will get in).

Lanny Wadkins received 52 percent of the vote last year, followed by Doug Ford (35 percent) and Mark O’Meara (24 percent). Davis Love III received 19 percent last year but likely will get more votes after picking up his 20th career victory in November.

On the international ballot, Jose Maria Olazabal received 49 percent of the vote last year.
Driver: SQ DYMO STR8-Fit
4 Wood: SQ DYMO
2H (17*), 4H (23*) & 5H (26*): Fli-Hi CLK
Irons (5-6): MX-900; (7-PW): MP-60
Wedges (51/6*): MP-T Chrome; (56/13): MP-R ChromePutter: White Hot XG 2-Ball CSPreferred Ball: e5+/e7+/B330-RXGPS Unit: NEOPush Cart: 2.0

I'd like to see the stats on what percentage of players have ever won 20 tournaments and one major. My guess is that it is so low that many, myself included, would concede that DLIII or any others having accomplished that are deserving of HOF enshinement.

cubdog

Ross (aka cubdog)

I'd like to see the stats on what percentage of players have ever won 20 tournaments and one major. My guess is that it is so low that many, myself included, would concede that DLIII or any others having accomplished that are deserving of HOF enshinement.

Based on his 20 wins, longevity, and 1 win in a Major, Davis deserves consideration, but is no shoo-in, in my opinion. His Ryder Cup record is a mixed bag: overall--losing record of 9-12-5 in 6 Ryder Cup matches, but his singles record has been 3-1-2. It is interesting to discuss his qualifications. I like the guy, and would have to think about it, if I was one of those eligible to vote.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

There are plenty of people on that list that don't deserve to be there IMO. If nobody is deserving that year don't induct anyone.

Hall of Fame means one of the best of all time, a champion that will never be forgotten.

In 50 years people are going to say, "Who the heck is Tom Kite?". Those people don't belong on the list.

- Joel

TM M3 10.5 | TM M3 17 | Adams A12 3-4 hybrid | Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW

Vokey 50/54/60 | Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s | Bridgestone Tour B XS

Home Courses - Willow Run & Bakker Crossing

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This is from TheGolfChannel.com today about HoF ballot and voting:

In my opinion, neither Kenny Perry nor Jay Haas deserves to be in the HOF. They are good players, but not among the greatest of all time. Jose Maria did win two Masters, in 1994 and 1999, and had a great Ryder Cup record (18-8-5). He and Seve were the inspirational force of the great teams in the 1980's and 90's. Jose had 29 Tour victories ---6 on the PGA Tour and 23 on the European Tour. As I have stated before, I feel that a player should have to win at least two Majors, and Jose did that. Winning one Major can be a bit of luck or a fluke, but winning two proves that you are a real Champion. Neither Ken Perry nor Jay Haas has won even one.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

Here you go. This list does not factor in European/Australasian tour wins.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golfers..._PGA_Tour_wins

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

I'm supporting Darren Clarke!
Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Rory McIlroy finds himself in there in 30 years time.
Whats in the bag:

Driver: Nike Ignite 460cc 10.5* Fujikura Ignite reg flex
Fairway woods: Howson tour master power series 3,5 woods
Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

• 2 weeks later...
New article on golf.com about players and their Hall of Fame chances and credentials.

http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/...873840,00.html
Driver: SQ DYMO STR8-Fit
4 Wood: SQ DYMO
2H (17*), 4H (23*) & 5H (26*): Fli-Hi CLK
Irons (5-6): MX-900; (7-PW): MP-60
Wedges (51/6*): MP-T Chrome; (56/13): MP-R ChromePutter: White Hot XG 2-Ball CSPreferred Ball: e5+/e7+/B330-RXGPS Unit: NEOPush Cart: 2.0

I think the golf hall of fame is one big "yawn", will end up being more inclusive over time than it should be, and is insignificant, although I did watch Bob Charles give a wonderful speech at what I think may have been his Hall of Fame induction.

909D3 (Voodoo, stiff)
King Cobra Comp 5w (YS 5.1 Stiff)
AP1 4,5; AP2 6-P; Vokey 252 08, SM56 14, SM60 08 (Nippon N.S. Pro 950GH Regular)
Newport 2 Mid Slant

The art of the "great speech" is almost lost on my generation. We have been programmed to keep it short and simple (Academy awards music etc.) The last great speech by a younger player that I remember was Justin Leonard at the British Open.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Note: This thread is 5578 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!