IGNORED

soaking oil can wedges in vinegar

Note: This thread is 5523 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I'd appreciate some clarification from those with more knowledge than me on this topic, and figured it's a better idea than opening a new thread.

If you own a Vokey Spin-Milled Oil Can (heck, any oil can finish wedge), do you find that if you keep it dry that It will stay in good condition? What is your average life span? My CG10s are on thier last legs and I've decided on Spin-Milled based on past experience, but am not sure which finish to get. I'm not fond of the black chrome, so its down to Tour Chrome and Oil Can. TC is close to what I've always played, but the Oil Can intrigues me. I like the look, but cannot afford to buy new ones every 6-12 months.

I've read up enough to know that the virtual raw finish of the Oil Cans won't likely be making any 'feel' differences [that I will be able to notice, at the very least], but I like the look better. But if it comes down to it, if the Tour Chrome will last as long as my CG-10(close to 2 years now), and Oil Can is significantly less I think my decision will be for longevity rather than novelty.

High PH=Stripped rust

Chris Nunes,17 yrs old

In My Bag:
Woods:Nike Sasquatch Tour Model (Driver), Nike Sumo 3 wood
Irons: Callaway X-Forged (Project X 6.0)Wedge: Callaway C Grind 58 degree,Titleist Volkey 54 degree (oil can)Putter Cleveland Classic 2 or Scotty Cameron Santa Fe teryllium "Everyday you miss practicing it...

If you own a Vokey Spin-Milled

I have 3 Titleist wedges, 1 is raw, 1 is oil can. The oil can is 3 years old, the raw is about a year and a half old, they both still perform like new. I sharpen the grooves occasionally and replace the grip whenever it needs replacing. That's about it for maintenance. Rust is really not an issue, I wipe them whenever. I love the look of the raw finish. You will not be replacing these clubs every 6-12 months. I play lots of golf and when I do practice, it's mostly with these wedges. Don't worry about the longevity of these finishes or the durability of the clubs.

Note: This thread is 5523 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!