IGNORED

Best public courses in texas

Note: This thread is 5700 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey guys, what are some of the best public courses that you all have played in texas? I am trying to see what all courses I need to check out. Thanks for the input. No course is off limits, if you played an awesome muni, put it down. Also, if you could put the location, that would be great too. Thanks.

In my Stand Bag:
Driver: 910 D2 9.5*- Stiff Ahina
3W: Snake Eyes

7W: Snake Eyes (IDK why i love this club)
Irons: 690.MB 3i-PW Stiff
Wedges: CG12 54*, Form Forged 900 60*

Putter: Versa White #1

Ball: Pro V1x *used and cheap/free*

Hey guys, what are some of the best public courses that you all have played in texas? I am trying to see what all courses I need to check out. Thanks for the input. No course is off limits, if you played an awesome muni, put it down. Also, if you could put the location, that would be great too. Thanks.

There is a course outside of Glen Rose (SW of Fort Worth) called Squaw Valley Golf Course that is extremely nice for a public course. I was in Fort Worth on business, and one of my co-workers wouldn't let us go home until we went out there to play it. It's a very nice layout, is in very good condition, and is off the beaten path a bit so that it wasn't all that crowded. Being that you're in Austin, it's always fun to go to that muni course on Red River and 38th and try not to hit people waiting for the bus. Oh, my college memories.....

twin lakes in canton is a awesome course best ive ever played

The Tribute in The Colony, Bridlewood in Flower Mound, Castle Hills in Lewisville, Tenison Highlands in Dallas, Texas Star in Euless, and Hawks Creek in Ft Worth are all nice public facilities... These courses keep me busy on the weekends

apex53
In my bag:
Titleist 913D3 9.5
Titleist 913F 15

Titleist 913H 19, 913H21

Titleist 712CB 5-P Titleist Vokey 54, 58 Scotty Cameron Fastback Titleist ProV1x

I will second Twin Lakes in Canton. That is a great course.

Since you are in Austin you should go check out Quicksand at Woodcreek in Wimberley. I was out there this afternoon and the course is in terrific shape. I will be out there again tomorrow. It is a pretty short course, but nice. Plus you get to take a drive through the hill country to get there.

Pine Forest in Bastrop is nice with some terrific views and some challenging holes.

I love all of the Austin muni's. Clay and Kizer are great and a terrific set-up.

Grey Rock (formerly Circle C) is a great course as well. Always in great shape and they have a terrific staff.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Looks like the Rawls course in Lubbock is considered the best public in that area.

http://www.depts.ttu.edu/therawlscourse/

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Does anyone have an opinion on Houston's Bear Creek golf courses? I was going to move back to Houston in a few months and wanted to live near a golf course and driving range. Their website doesn't have much info on greens fees and range-ball fees.

Here are links to the course website and map/location info:

Bear Creek golfworld webpage

Map info link for Bear Creek golf world

2011 Goals:
* Improve club-head speed to 90 mph with the driver
* Ensure increased speed does not compromise accuracy
* Prevent overextending on the back-swing (left-arm is bending too much at the top)
* Relax arms initially at address ( too tense)* Play more full rounds (failed from 2010)

Note: This thread is 5700 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!