IGNORED

What Type of Sunglass Lens Are Best For Golf?

Note: This thread is 5537 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm planning on getting a pair of sunglasses (preferably oakley's) sometime around the end of the week when I get paid. I was just wondering what lens work best for golf. Thanks for your input

Callaway FT-9 Tour 9.5* with Prolaunch Blue S| Adams InSight XTD A3 15* FW | Adams IDEA a3 hybrid irons | Callaway 52* X-Tour Forged wedge | Titleist Bob Vokey SM56* | PING Day putter

Favorite Ball: Srixon Z Star X

Home Course: Majestic Pines GCage: 16

Years ago I saw a "research" article in a golf magazine that "proved"...auburn, or I think they called them cinnamon, colored lenses helped the most in reading greens in most lighting situations.

Brown lenses definately work best. Try to avoid anything too light (yellow/orange). If you're like me and have sensitive eyes (light green), don't be afraid to shell out hte extra coin for polarized lenses. They cut the glare, especially off windows and water, etc.

I'm planning on getting a pair of sunglasses (preferably oakley's) sometime around the end of the week when I get paid. I was just wondering what lens work best for golf. Thanks for your input

Definately look at other brands too. I know Oakleys are sweet, but many think they are overpriced. Try Bolle, etc. as well before making a final decision.

Also consider the type of lens and not just the colour. For golf I'd suggest (as did my mother who works in the sunglasses industry) Polarized lenses, they reduce glare which can be helpful for golf.

I read that polarized lenses distort things a bit. Many golf sunglasses are polarized and do reduce glare. The few times I've worn sunglasses while golfing, I took them off to read greens (b/c of polarization). I'm not sure how true it is though.

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

If you are going with Oakley they make golf specific lens for numerous frames. I would highly suggest getting them, they are a little more expensive but well worth the money.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

I wear Maui Jims banyans with the brown polarized lens. The girl that helped said that that lens helps with depth perception.

Driver: Nike Covert Driver

Irons: Mizuno JPX-825 Pro 5-GW 

Cleveland Mashie 1, 2, 3, & 4 hybrids

Wedges: Mizuno MP-T4 Black Nickel 54* & 58*

Putter: Wack-e with super stroke grip

Ball: Titleist Pro V1X

Natives were recommended to me by a friend who is now an adventure instructor (or something like that) out in the Tetons. I bought a pair of Silencers and I love'm. I went into a Sunglass Hut the other day and picked up a pair of Oakley's... Felt flimsy compared to the Natives.

Lenses are interchangeable. All lenses are polarized. Lifetime warranty for normal damage to the frame and lenses (there is a processing fee). You can buy other lens kits. They don't fog up...

There are a slew of both positive and negative reviews on REI's website with all the negatives complaining about lens durability in terms of scratches. In a year-and-a-half I have not gotten one scratch on my lenses through golfing, trail/road running, driving, and just daily use. Then again, I take care of them like I do my real glasses. I accidentally slammed (and the trunk latch on my '00 Ford Focus is bad, so I mean SLAMMED) the case right under my trunk latch. Case gave way a little, no damage to the glasses or the extra lenses stored in the top of the case.

Try looking at the Nike Golf Max tint frames and lenses. They are pretty nice and they are specifically designed for golf.
In My Bag:

Driver: taylormade.gif R11 TP 9˚ -Diamana Kai'li 65
Woods: cleveland.gif Launcher FL 13˚
Hybrids: titleist.gif909H 19˚, 24˚Irons: mizuno.gif MP-53  5-P Wedges:  mizuno.gif MP-T11 50, 54 titleist.gifBlack Nickel 58.08 Putter: cleveland.gifClassic Black Platinum #2 Ball: titleist.gif ProV1x -  Hole-in-one 4/17/09 www.colonialcountryclub.org

I wear Sundogs and they could quite possibly be the best sunglasses I have ever wore to play golf in!! They are only about $60 to. I wear them for everything though even reading greens.. You should most deff go give these a try before spending double this on Oakleys...

In the Bag
Driver:Burner07 9.5 NV 75 S
3-woodBurner07 15 degree NV 65 S
HybridRescue Mid 19 degree NVS 85 S
IronsRAC LT 4-PW Project X 5.5 shaftsWedgesCG 12 52,56,60PutterNewport 2 Custom Shop 35inBallProV1 or TaylorMade TP redShoes: All kinds. I have a bit of a shoe problem. As in I like...

Consider a pair that allow you to change the lenses based on the lighting. I have a pair of Smith Sliders that have 3 lenses. 1 - Polarized, 1-Amber (mid-low light) and 1-Yellow (low light, dusk, etc). I love them and the yellow lenses really brighten things up when the sun is going down.
Je joue au golf, et j'aime ca.
-------------------------------------
Nike SasQuatch Sumo2
HaLo 2i & 3i
3100 I/H 5-GW588 Gunmetal 53/56/60White Hot XG #2Vector BagProV1x

brown tinted lenses tend to be best for contrast, which is a must for the golf course.

What's in the bag
Big sticks Ping Rapture V2 9° Fusion FT-3 3-Wood, 3,4 Hybrid

Irons Ping I10 5-GW
Wedges Cleveland RTX 54° Spin Milled Vokey 60°Putter Redwood Anser Titleist NXT Tour 1500 rangefinder

Note: This thread is 5537 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!