Sign in to follow this  
Bryan72

Light's Out for the rest of the NHL

Note: This thread is 3758 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

201 posts / 27497 viewsLast Reply

It was announced today that Chris Chelios was not offered an extension or a new contract to play with the Wings. If he chooses to continue to play hockey in the NHL it will be with another team.

Love Cheli and wish him the best, but no surprise there. The Wings have plenty of young defenseman that are more effective and need playing time and experience. I doubt anyone will sign him, but I guess anything is possible... hopefully he will stay involved in hockey in other respects, maybe even in Detroit.

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

I guess there wasn't enough room under the salary cap; Hossa signed with the Blackhawks yesterday. $62.8M for 12 years, not too bad.

Note: This thread is 3758 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!