IGNORED

Makeshift Mizuno Mix & Match

Note: This thread is 5509 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

3,4,5,6 Mizuno MX23. 7,8,9,P Mizuno MP30

Driver:Taylormade Burner 9.5
Fairway: Titleist 906f4 15.5 Aldila Vs Proto stiff
Irons: Mizuno mx-23 3-pw
Wedges:Cleveland CG14 black pearl 52,58
Putter":Taylormade Rossa MonzaBall: Bridgestone E6+Bag: Ogio Ozone 2007

that was a fantastic idea. from memory, the 32's were something like 10% less forgiveness than the 60's.. Im a fairly good ball striker, and i dont see a huge distance loss between the two, the 32's are a bit harsher on mishits, and they react a little better to moving the ball, but other than that, they are pretty similar.

Thanks man. I'll probably still come back here after I've hit the 9 in the 32's, I'm sure I'll still be a little indecisive. I should've had him build me an 8-iron really, then I'd be able to make a pretty good decision of which one I'd like to have in the middle, but picked 9 to keep the spacing until I decide on the full set. I do remember hearing that these clubs are very similar. In fact the guy building my clubs went so far as to say that they are so similar, that I'm almost not really doing a split set at all, with them being in the same family and all, the biggest difference is the look of them as I'm pulling out of the bag. Which I'll admit is one of my reasons for doing it anyway, just love that CB->MB progressive set look...
Penta TP Ball || Nakashima Golf HTEC Tour Driver - w/ Mitsubishi Rayon Bassara 83g || Izett Golf 15* Deep Face 3-Wood - w/ Royal Precision Rifle Steel || MD 18* Hybrid - w/ Aerotech SteelFiber 110g || MP-58 3, 4 Irons... MP-60 5, 6 Irons... MP-32 7-PW - w/ Dynamic Gold || MP-T 53-08...

I will be completly honest with you here..

On number 9 i had 170 from the hole into a slight headwind. my 7 iron is my 170 club, i pull it, make a horrible swing, toe'd it big time, (the red line from my ball was almost off the grooves on the iron face, like almost on the shiney metal) i ended up probobly 10 yards short of the green, and 5 yards right of what i had intended. This is pretty good forgiveness i think.

I had a three iron into a big wind from 210, hit a low little punch with it, and caught it in on the heel a little, and really only drawed a few more yards than i wanted and didnt lose any distance that i could feel, granted it was a punch shot..

My point is, the 32's are pretty forgiving for blades. I bet you could play these down to the 6 iron and never look back. Hell, you could feasibly play them straight down to the 3.. :)

Check out ebay, i practically stole my set of 2-pw for 190..Now for that price, i think you could game the full bag of 32's for a while, and if they are too much, guys all the time on WRX are selling 3 4 and 5 iron mp60's.

|Callaway FT-9 Tour Neutral 9.5 Diamana BlueBoard| TaylorMade TourLaunch 14.5 Matrix Ozik F7M2 X| Adams Idea Pro 20 Matrix Ozik Altus X| Mizuno MP-32 4-PW TTDG S300|Titleist Vokey 50| Tour Issue Titleist Black Ni Vokey SM 54|Callaway X Forged 62 || Kirk Currie Brazos| Callaway Tour IX/...

I will be completly honest with you here..

You're probably right. Especially since I'm used to playing DCI 990's which are really just a muscle-back that fancies itself a cavity back. It's probably more akin to the MP-62 which is basically not forgiving at all, from what I understand. I already ordered the 3 and 6-iron in the 60, so I'll stick with that for now... maybe I'll do 7-PW in 32's, and if I just fall in love with them I can do like you said and get a full set of them. Even after hitting the 6-iron in the MP60, I'm stoked to have the rest of the set built.
Penta TP Ball || Nakashima Golf HTEC Tour Driver - w/ Mitsubishi Rayon Bassara 83g || Izett Golf 15* Deep Face 3-Wood - w/ Royal Precision Rifle Steel || MD 18* Hybrid - w/ Aerotech SteelFiber 110g || MP-58 3, 4 Irons... MP-60 5, 6 Irons... MP-32 7-PW - w/ Dynamic Gold || MP-T 53-08...

• 3 weeks later...
how did this ever end up for you?

|Callaway FT-9 Tour Neutral 9.5 Diamana BlueBoard| TaylorMade TourLaunch 14.5 Matrix Ozik F7M2 X| Adams Idea Pro 20 Matrix Ozik Altus X| Mizuno MP-32 4-PW TTDG S300|Titleist Vokey 50| Tour Issue Titleist Black Ni Vokey SM 54|Callaway X Forged 62 || Kirk Currie Brazos| Callaway Tour IX/...

I am playing a mixed Mizuno set and have been really happy. My 7-PW are MP-60's, with my 5 and 6 iron being MX-500's. I bought the 60's over the winter and am really happy with them, but thought I could use a little more forgivness in my 5 and 6 irons. I was looking to buy those irons individually in either the MP-52's or maye the MX-200's, but came across this set of MX-500's in great shape used and picked them up (less than $100). I had the lofts of both clubs weakened a little bit fit into my set and control distance gaps. I really don't know why I didn't try mixed sets years ago. As you can tell from my signature I also carry 3 Fli-Hi CLK hybrids and this setup is working well for me.
Driver: SQ DYMO STR8-Fit
4 Wood: SQ DYMO
2H (17*), 4H (23*) & 5H (26*): Fli-Hi CLK
Irons (5-6): MX-900; (7-PW): MP-60
Wedges (51/6*): MP-T Chrome; (56/13): MP-R ChromePutter: White Hot XG 2-Ball CSPreferred Ball: e5+/e7+/B330-RXGPS Unit: NEOPush Cart: 2.0

how did this ever end up for you?

I made a decision, finally, haha. Like, you suggested, I'm going with MP-60's 3-6, MP-32 7-PW. I'm doing it in pieces to make it easier on my wallet, so I had my guy build me a 3, 6, and 9 iron and I had him work on my 56* to the same specs. I figured I can make a round happen with those clubs, a driver, 3 wood and putter. I was sold on the 32 as soon as I hit the 9-iron. There might be ever so slightly a little more distance lost on a mishit, but the feedback is phenomenal. It lets you know if you didn't flush it, but you still get some of that nice butter feeling that made me want Mizunos in the first place. I think having more blades than I originally planned will help my ballstriking and give me the control I've always kind of lacked in my short irons. I was a stupid kid once who was more impressed with hitting a 9-iron 170 yards to 15 feet than hitting one 140 yards to 3 feet. Thanks for the advice. I can't wait to have the rest of the set built.

i love the idea of building a mix/match (Combo) set. although they aren't Mizuno's, I built a combo set out of Precept EC603 Cavity Backs and Precept EC603 ProSpec Blades and loved playing with them.

I am playing a mixed Mizuno set and have been really happy. My 7-PW are MP-60's, with my 5 and 6 iron being MX-500's. I bought the 60's over the winter and am really happy with them, but thought I could use a little more forgivness in my 5 and 6 irons. I was looking to buy those irons individually in either the MP-52's or maye the MX-200's, but came across this set of MX-500's in great shape used and picked them up (less than $100). I had the lofts of both clubs weakened a little bit fit into my set and control distance gaps. I really don't know why I didn't try mixed sets years ago. As you can tell from my signature I also carry 3 Fli-Hi CLK hybrids and this setup is working well for me.

How do you like having the 3 hybrids? Whats your gap like between them? I'm thinking about adding a 3 wood then going with either a 17 or 20 degree CLK to add to my setup.

In my bag:
Driver: HiBore XLS (9.5*, stiff, gold shaft)
Irons: FP II 4-GW
Wedges: mp R series 56/13 588DSG 60*
Putter: Unitized TiempoBag: ADIDAS Velocity

How do you like having the 3 hybrids? Whats your gap like between them? I'm thinking about adding a 3 wood then going with either a 17 or 20 degree CLK to add to my setup.

I've been very happy with the 3 hybrids. I have all of my clubs gapped pretty evenly, including the hybrids. There is around a 15 yard gap between each of the hybrids (the 2H is a DG steel-shafted model, so it's closer to a 3H yardage wise, but I like the low trajectory with it). I have about a 10 yard gap between my 5i and 5H and about 10 between all of my irons as well. Currently the gap between 3W and 2H is only about 10-15 yards (3w is also steel shafted), but I'm looking to replace the 3W soon to increase that gap a little bit.

I really do not think you can go wrong with the CLK hybrids. They just have such a solid feel - they almost feel like hitting a driver it's so solid. I started with the 4 and loved it so much I bought the 2 to replace my 5W. I hit them so great that next thing I know I found the 5H used at Golf Galaxy and couldn't resist it. They are great from just about any lie and looks, feel and sound great.
Driver: SQ DYMO STR8-Fit
4 Wood: SQ DYMO
2H (17*), 4H (23*) & 5H (26*): Fli-Hi CLK
Irons (5-6): MX-900; (7-PW): MP-60
Wedges (51/6*): MP-T Chrome; (56/13): MP-R ChromePutter: White Hot XG 2-Ball CSPreferred Ball: e5+/e7+/B330-RXGPS Unit: NEOPush Cart: 2.0

I've been very happy with the 3 hybrids. I have all of my clubs gapped pretty evenly, including the hybrids. There is around a 15 yard gap between each of the hybrids (the 2H is a DG steel-shafted model, so it's closer to a 3H yardage wise, but I like the low trajectory with it). I have about a 10 yard gap between my 5i and 5H and about 10 between all of my irons as well. Currently the gap between 3W and 2H is only about 10-15 yards (3w is also steel shafted), but I'm looking to replace the 3W soon to increase that gap a little bit.

I bought my CLK on impulse from a demo sale. $50 and I love hitting it.

In my bag:
Driver: HiBore XLS (9.5*, stiff, gold shaft)
Irons: FP II 4-GW
Wedges: mp R series 56/13 588DSG 60*
Putter: Unitized TiempoBag: ADIDAS Velocity

MP 57 (cavity back) 4,5,6 1/2" over Project X 6.5
MP 67 (blade) 7,8,9 1/2" over Project X 6.5

Vokey Pitching wedge. Thinking about getting the 67 P wedge though.

:taylormade: R9 9.5d with Fujikura Motore 65 Stiff
ss-07 13deg 3 wood Graphite Design Purple Ice 85-S
Md-17 1i/4w UST V2 Tour Hybrid X
A3 Pro 20 Tour Prototype Mitsubishi Javln X
MP 57 4,5,6 Project X 6.5 MP 67 7,8,9 Project X 6.5 Vokey 200 series 48d Project X satin 6.5/ Vokey 09SMTC 54.11...

Note: This thread is 5509 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!