IGNORED

Amateur Golf Tour - Played First Tourney today

BigDaddy_Sean
Note: This thread is 6585 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

84. Ugh. 4 doubles, 4 bogeys.

St. Clair River Golf Club in Port Huron, MI. There were about 30 guys there of all different abilities. Best round was an 80. I finished tied for 3rd.

Great group of guys, first tourney of the year. Champ flight (0-5) handicap has only 4 people in it. We need more people to make it really cool. I think I was one of the youngest there at age 30.

I hit the ball pretty descent, but this course is one of those old time Donald Ross designs, greens very small and slopy. They weren't in very good shape either, about 8 or so on stemp meter I'd imagine .. but very bumpy .. I was jumpy too the first few holes, nervous. First competitive round I've played in 4 years. 3 doubles in first 7 holes, all around the greens, shanked a chip on 2 ended up with double. 4 putted on 4 (145 yd par 3!) for double - that was a tough green though .. 3 putted from 30 feet on 7 .. tough green though, each guy in my group 3 putted it.

I was just jumpy, hands were shaking when putting .. but I slowed down, shot 40 on the back, paring out last 5 holes, each one with a GIR and a 2 putt.

Was good to feel alive again playing like that, looking to enjoy the next one in a few weeks. Gonna go play the course tomorrow AM, havn't played it yet.

I'll get better ...

This tour is neat, where the top point getter for each flight gets expenses paid to the Amateur Tour Championship in Hilton Head in October! With 4 guys in the flight i have a chance.

Sean

What's in the bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R11S 9 degree.  Set to upright 8 degree.  Aldila RIP Alpha 60s X flex shaft.

3 wood: TaylorMade 13 degree RocketBallz (coming shortly).. X Flex Matrix X Conn.

Hybrids: 2iron / 4iron Taylor Burner Rescue.

Irons: 5 - PW 2008 Model Year Titleist AP2

Wedges: 49*, 54* 60* Cleveland 588 Rusties.

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi Long.

Balls: Titleist Pro VX

Bag: Titleist Black / Red Staff

Glad to hear you had fun,and it helps when your not out of the game. some course will eat you lunch this early in the year.
What course are you playing next?

R7 9.5 S Shaft
560 R7 quad R shaft
RAC LT irons
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum

we're at copper hills in oxford in 2 weeks .. gonna go play it tomorrow in the am .. didn't like the fact that i never played this course before ..

Sean

What's in the bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R11S 9 degree.  Set to upright 8 degree.  Aldila RIP Alpha 60s X flex shaft.

3 wood: TaylorMade 13 degree RocketBallz (coming shortly).. X Flex Matrix X Conn.

Hybrids: 2iron / 4iron Taylor Burner Rescue.

Irons: 5 - PW 2008 Model Year Titleist AP2

Wedges: 49*, 54* 60* Cleveland 588 Rusties.

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi Long.

Balls: Titleist Pro VX

Bag: Titleist Black / Red Staff

Note: This thread is 6585 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!