IGNORED

Advice for higher hc from lower hc's when paired

TheNatural
Note: This thread is 5527 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The problem with this situation is that if it's a busy weekend day, I'm not letting anyone play through. Two weeks ago I played on a gorgeous Friday afternoon, and there was an hour and a half wait on the first tee. I was paired with 2 higher handicappers and one a little better than myself. Somehow a twosome was behind us, and they rode us the entire round. On the 7th green one of them hit into us (not sure if it was intentional). One of the high handicappers asked if we should let them play through. I said not a chance in hell. If we let them through, they will just be waiting on the million groups ahead of us, and then we are expected to let everyone that is right on us through. We offered to let them play with us to slow them down, but they didn't want that. So they stayed behind us.

You must be a liberal. Same old attitude of it's OK to inconvenience 90 players just so you won't make one player "feel bad".

Completely wrong. He isn't talking about his group playing slow, he is talking about the course being full in front of them leaving nowhere to go. If the course is full ahead of them then you have no right to think that you have any special privilege just because you are playing as a twosome. If you can't deal with the issues of playing on a full course, then play when it isn't busy.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Completely wrong. He isn't talking about his group playing slow, he is talking about the course being full in front of them leaving nowhere to go. If the course is full ahead of them then you have no right to think that you have any special privilege just because you are playing as a twosome. If you can't deal with the issues of playing on a full course, then play when it isn't busy.

I thought I was speaking a language no one understood. Thanks for understanding.

Brandon

R7 460 SuperQuad driver
G5 3 wood
Rescue Mid 2H R7 3-AW Vokey Spinned Milled 60* White Hot Tour #5 Burner TP

i thought i was speaking a language no one understood. Thanks for understanding.

gentlemen, someone has got to be in front of the line, someone is has to be the cause of it all......even a busy course can get 18 in 4 hours when their packed and stacked...rangers have to be more assertive....anyway time to kill the thread...

gentlemen,

That like saying traffic on the highway should never happen. It's just a natural phenomenon that occurs when something is crowded. Everything slows down. And it's not caused solely by people that can't score better than 10 a hole.

Brandon

R7 460 SuperQuad driver
G5 3 wood
Rescue Mid 2H R7 3-AW Vokey Spinned Milled 60* White Hot Tour #5 Burner TP

Played a 4 hour round this morning that we usualy get done in 2 1/2. Usually just play quick to get done before work/class. Good thing we went earlier than usual. 4 old farts that all shot 10+ every hole. Not one of them, all of them. Every time we'd pull up to play through them they hurried up and hit so they could play the hole.

FTi 10* Draw w/ ProLaunch Blue 65g Stiff
5 Wood
Walter Hagen Ultradyne Blades 3-PW
52*
X-Tour Vintage 56.13 X-Forged Chrome 64.09 Dual Force BladeBall: B330Rx or Pro V1

• Administrator
I agree. A 4 hour round on the weekend is a bit much to expect.

Why? Why is it too much to expect? Because we've let it become that way? That's a sad reason.

This isn't a "pace of play" thread, so I'll conclude this by linking to our Slow Play Week Recap from 2007: http://thesandtrap.com/site_news/slo...week_2k7_recap Now, back to topic.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5527 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!