IGNORED

What ball do you play...and why?

Dr_Fu_Manchu
Note: This thread is 5514 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Srixon Z Star............ Played Titleist for the past 10 years, but Srixon has come up w/ "a better mouse trap." For me, the Star Z seems more resistant to the effects of wind shear; is a touch longer; the cover is more durable; and has not shown any down side, when compared to the ProV lines. JMO, but a solid performance ball.

"The more you know...... the less you need"

b330rx or burner tp

In my Bag:

Tour Burner 9.5* ProLaunch Red Shaft
Baffler TWS & DWS Hybrids: 2,4
Irons: 09 Burners 4-AWWC Liquid Copper SW 56*WC Liquid Copper LW 60*Putter: Black OZ T130 TP Black

I play the Burner TP LDP and I'm really happy with it. Off all the clubs it feels fantastic. Especially off the driver.... I get this really sweet feeling on pure drives that I don't get with other balls.

I play it because for price vs. playability I don't think it can be beat. I bought 12 dozen during a sale for ~$12per dozen at GPP golf.

Also I play the older Nike Mojos for money reasons. On bad days I don't want to lose my Burner TPs so I bought 4 dozen Mojo's on sale for $5 per dozen. It's not bad, I'd say a step up from other cheap topflights.

When it's all said and done, the Burner TP is my favorite ball of all I've tried. I wish it had more spin like a v1 or v1x around the greenside chips. I always wonder if the TP red/black would be the ball for me. But I haven't tried those yet.

Oooo.... also used to play the Nike SFT2 previously and it felt good and went far! But didn't have any greenside chip spin..... then again, I also didn't have my new wedge.

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5° Stock Stiff
Wood: Tour Burner TS 13° Stock Stiff
Hybrid: Tour Burner T2 18° Stock Stiff
Irons: Tour Preferred 3-PW Rifle Project X 6.0
Wedges: 54.10|58.08 Z TP Rifle Spinner 5.5 Putter: VP Mills VP2 Ball: TP/Red.LDP Bag: Warbird Hot Stand Bag 2.0Started playing...

I play the Burner TP LDP and I'm really happy with it. Off all the clubs it feels fantastic. Especially off the driver.... I get this really sweet feeling on pure drives that I don't get with other balls.

^^Agreed. I also play Warbirds because of the softness and feel. I seem to play a lot better if I play those.

i15 irons with stiff shafts
R9 Driver, 9.5* stiff shaft
R9 3 wood, regular shaft
wedges 52, 56, 60
White Ice Sabertooth putter hoofer bagAdidas Tour 360 4.0 shoes

i use nike powersoft (the green box). i get a respectable amount of distance out of them, i really like the feel of the ball, and they're not terribly expensive ($15-18 for a dozen).

last year I switched from Nike One Black to
Prov 1x. I gained 10 yards on the drive... and about 5 yards on irons.
my control was SO much better & the ball did what it was designed to do:
GO IN THE HOLE.

This year, I'm gonna try
the new Prov1 and Prov1x
Bridgestone B330
and someone told me the new Srixon Z & TM TP Red are supposed to be pretty damn good. so I'll try those.
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

Note: This thread is 5514 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!