IGNORED

First Ever match play competition (18 holes) what to expect???

804golfer
Note: This thread is 5518 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well guys,

I won it 4 and 2!!!!!!!

It was a pretty easy win and I cruised to victory, and my opponent was not that great at all. We also kept the stroke play score and I shot 93 and he shot 107 (it was a par 72). I was 5 up early and then he came roaring back on the back nine to cut it to 1 up. But then, i reasserted control and won the next 3 holes to take the victory!!!

It was a lot of fun and I got another match tomorrow morning so we will see how I do my second time around!

Nice, Congrats! Match play is always a fun game. It is so much different than stroke.
What's In My Bag
Driver: 905 T 9.5 Degrees
3-Wood: SS Hypersteel
Irons: 704.cb 3-PW
Wedges: Vokey Spinmilled 52,54,58Putter: YES! golf TracyBall: Pro V1

Good job in the match!

what do u mean doctorfro? what does this indicate if i make 6 pars and 1 birdie and shoot 93??

I think it means that you didn't focus on the other 11 holes that you were 22 over par on.

Play every shot like it matters and you could certainly break 90.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

what do u mean doctorfro? what does this indicate if i make 6 pars and 1 birdie and shoot 93??

I think he means you were 1 under on 7 holes and 22 over on the other 11, averaging a double bogey every hole. If you could work on the short game (making an assumption about your scoring here) you might be able to reduce the doubles/triples and really lower your score without much trouble. With 6 pars and a birdie you could/should have been in the mid 80s assuming the rest of your round was around your hdcp.

When I was trying to become a better golfer I noticed I made 2-5 doubles per round while making a birdie or two and some strings of pars. It got to the point that I had to force myself to manage each hole to NOT make double bogey. Things like playing safe out of trouble, playing to your yardage strengths or playing away from trouble and toward the safest part of the hole. Turning double bogeys into bogeys is usually easy because they are silly mistakes. Good luck in your tourney and congrats on the win. Keep us up to date on your matches.

Driver - TaylorMade R7 425
3-Wood - Callaway Original Steelhead
Irons - Ben Hogan 3-PW Apex FTX, Rifle 6.5
Wedges - Titleist Vokey 52, 56, and 60
Putter - Scotty 2004 Newport Beach 1.5

Congrats 804. Glad you won.

As far as the 1 birdie and 6 pars go... I'd like to how many fairways and putts you had overall

Clubs:
Driver: Ping Rapture 10.5 degree, Stiff Flex shaft
Fairway Wood: Ping Rapture 17* - Stiff Shaft
Hybrids: Callaway Heaven Wood 20* Firm Flex
Irons: Titleist 704 CB (Forged) (4-PW), Dynamic Gold S300 ShaftsWedges: Titleist Vokey 52 and 58 degreePutter: Odessy White Hot XG Model #1Bag: Ping HooferBa...

Note: This thread is 5518 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!