IGNORED

My Trip to Arizona!

Note: This thread is 5000 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well, I returned last Sunday from a week of sun and fun, and a little bit of wind. Had hoped to make it to Boulders, but that did not work out for us this year. Started off on Monday the 23rd at Painted Mountain. Went as a single and was paired with three ladies. I am a 10 handicapper and got schooled. That's another story. Tuesday, played 36, first at Kokopelli and then an afternoon 18 at Longbow. Enjoyed both courses, but I would play Longbow over and over. Wednesday, did 36 again. The morning found me at Superstition Springs and the afternoon I hit'em at Las Sendas. Again, enjoyed both courses, but was a tad disappointed with the overall condition of Superstition Springs and impressed with the greens at Las Sendas. Thought I could do 36 on Thursday, but the wind picked up hard in the afternoon. I resigned myself to an early 18 with a family friend at Fountain of the Sun. This is an executive course, which I enjoyed more for the social aspects. My buddy and I were paired with a retired Navy Admiral and his brother. The Admiral was 82 years old, could still poke it out there 200 yards and knew his home course well. Had stories to boot that I will not soon forget. Friday, I played 18 in the morning at Longbow as I found a great time and rate on the web. At the same time, I booked a Saturday morning time at Gold Canyon, Dinosaur. Playing that course was an incredible treat and is by far the most beautiful nature ride and walk I have had the pleasure of making. Tough, but fair, shot a 79 which I was VERY proud of, as fatigue from the week was beginning to show. My putting the whole week was manageable and not as disappointing as I had thought it would be. Back to home and work in Washington and watching it snow out my window this morning. Overall, never paid more than $65 for a round. It was a great trip.

That is awesome! Arizona is my home, while I am stationed in Monterey. Before I joined the Navy, I went on a "Troon Tour" with my uncle. We hit every Troon Course in Phoenix/Scottsdale/Prescott. Amazing golf! Glad you enjoyed yourself. Sorry to hear about the snow!

LD F Speed 9.5 Driver Stiff
MX 700 3W Stiff
MP Fli Hi 2, 3, 4
MP 52 5i-9i
MP-T 47.06, 51.06, & 58.10 White Hot XG Teron Putter ProV1x ShoesQUOTE:"I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones" - Terry "The Wedge Guy" Koehler

79 at Gold Canyon Dinosaur is fantastic. Those severly sloping greens, especially the first four or so, are very difficult (definitely for someone at sealevel DFW)

What club did you hit off the severe dramatic par 3 with the huge drop off ? (the one where the tee box overlooks the small valley community)

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

All that help we offered picking courses and you ended up at Painted Mountain? Oh well, I'm sure Gold Canyon was a treat!

That wind last Thursday was just CRAZY! I didn't play golf in it but was watching the LPGA tournament on TV. Must have been a challenge!

Was in arizona a few weeks ago now and played alot in Tucson!!! Back in Iowa now and it looks like we might get a good amount of snow this weekend, tomorrow 55 though so should get some golf in tomorrow befor snow comes back.

Idea Irons tight lies
R5 duel
PW
Putter I-series
bag Home Course Pondaros RIP

Unfortunately, family concerns forced a change in our plans. Upside to not staying/playing Boulders, left me with the resources to play a lot more courses. Painted Mountain was a great warm-up to the week, wide-open and user friendly if you know what I mean! UTTEX - I recall hitting a low angle six iron. If I recall, I may have gotten a bit lucky on the shot, which is not a bad thing. Fortunately, the ball landed hard against a ridge on the green acting as a backstop, if it hadn't, I would have had an impossible (for me) up and down. As it was, I have to negotiate a double breaker putt that to tell you the truth, was probably not as difficult as I made it to be. Rolled with too much speed, but came back and drilled a ten footer for par. I was paired with a guy and his wife that could really play and had been on the course a couple of times, so that help me a lot.

• 1 year later...
I am just a newbie to the site, but was interested to see you played a lot of the courses that are right around me! I am still just a hacker, but I played Longbow for the first time a couple weeks ago even though it is right down the street from me. I got on for $15 twilight rate and I am definitely going back! It was a good time, got around quick and had a lot of fun!

I've played Gold MT. too. Loved it. Dinosaur--your 79 is a great score.

9* Geek No Brainer with red Stiff Gallofory shaft
15* R5 3 wood with Burner shaft
21* 24* Nike CPR hybrid Aldila by you shaft
5-pw Titleist 680 cb irons-SK Fiber graphite shafts
52*, 56*,60* Reid Lockhart Dual Bounce spinner shaftScotty Cameron Newport MidSlant with Tiger Shark GripTM LDP Red balls---used because I'm...

Note: This thread is 5000 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!