IGNORED

My game is driving me crazy

Doctorfro
Note: This thread is 5489 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I tally up scores later on and I don't fool with statistics during a round of golf...it's evident by the end of the round what my strengths and weaknesses were.

I keep stats as I go, but I try not to focus on the tally. The trouble is it's hard not to know where I stand at any given moment since I'm actively keeping score, and I always keep score since I keep stats on my game. Even if I let someone else keep score if I'm playing well I can't help but know where I stand. For instance today I was 2 over with 3 holes left to play (playing 9). I felt my prospects were pretty good for carding a good (for me) score, in other words coming in under 40. So on the next tee I sliced my drive badly and it then took me 5 shots to get out of the woods and onto the green. I sunk my putt to card a triple bogey. The next hole was a par 3 and I missed the green. I got on with my next shot but 3 putted for a double. I managed to par the last hole to end up 7 over through 9 (I usually only play 9 during the week). I honestly can't say that those last 3 holes were a colapse, because I made a couple of poor decisions in the woods (I should have sucked it up and chipped into the fairway instead of going for a higher risk shot), but my score and the "potential" low score where very much on my mind going into those last 3 holes. The pressure doesn't do me in, but it's there and I'd rather it not be. Confidence in my game helps, especially if I'm lacking confidence, then pressure really hurts, but being in the zone is a place where score really isn't on your mind. Hopefully focusing on the moment and the shot in front of me will help. The good news is my handicap has been slowly dropping and playing well (as a trend) always helps my confidence levels.

Nike Vapor Speed driver 12* stock regular shaft
Nike Machspeed 4W 17*, 7W 21* stock stiff shafts
Ping i10 irons 4-9, PW, UW, SW, LW AWT stiff flex
Titleist SC Kombi 35"; Srixon Z Star XV tour yellow

Clicgear 3.0; Sun Mountain Four 5

I thought this was how golf is meant to be. Look at the pros, leaderboard this week, miss the cut next week, on nation wide tour thereafter if lucky. I had a bad time last year for 5 months as my partner hammered me week after week. I got really tired of it and went on an ebay spending spree, and found some fairway woods that made a real difference. I did not improve my weakest areas, but improved my strengths to pull me through. I also swallowed my pride and bought the clubs I really needed, as I added a 9 wood and hybrid. Take a break and reassess your game, and look at how to improve your weaknesses and strengths. I also went out and just played an irons only nine holer. It was very difficult but helped a ton later on, as I hate irons. Frustration is tension, bad mojo, loosen up. Flip your driver over and make sure you are not so stiff that you can still make it swoosh.

the short game equalizes everything
FT-5 Draw 10.5
NVG woods 3,5,7,9
Orlimar 4hy
Wilson DI-5 Irons 6-pwTurner wedge 51* bent to 53*TM TP 54* SW bent to 57*Wilson Kirk Currie #2 Mid MalletLaddie X

Flip your driver over and make sure you are not so stiff that you can still make it swoosh.

i do this all the time... the swooshing sound hypes me up and makes me feel like im about to bomb one out there

RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Seems quite a few of the lower handicaps on here struggle with scores from 80 all the way up to 100.I suppose for those who are more skilled it's possible to be slightly off and rack up the errors.

For me I have been stuck between 100-108 for the last 8 months or so,as my inconsistencies are always there,but I would imagine some of you who shoot 80 are obviously hitting greens on approaches or one putting regulary,and only need to miss your targets on any given day and can be 15 shots worse.

My friend is a 80-85 shooter,but even he shot 98 this weekend,in fact his ballstriking wasn't any better than mine,he just holed a few more putts and wedged in closer on a few holes

"Repetition is the chariot of genius"

Driver: BENROSS VX PROTO 10.5
Woods: BENROSS QUAD SPEED FAIRWAY 15"
Hybrids:BENROSS 3G 17" BENROSSV5 Escape 20"
Irons: :wilson: DEEP RED Fluid Feel  4-SW
Putter: BENROSS PURE RED
Balls: :wilsonstaff:  Ti DNA

I understand. My last 4 rounds.... 99 - 96 - 80 - 93. I was a 15 handicap last summer...

In my bag:

Driver: 907d2
Fairway: R7 ti 5-Wood
Hybrids: 909H 21 Rescue 4Irons: KZG Forged Evolution 5 - PW w/Rifle 6.0 shaftWedges: 52 Rac & Vokey 58Putter: Studio Select 2Ball: Titleist ProV1xEyes: SG5

Note: This thread is 5489 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!