IGNORED

Found a Problem with TaylorMade's TP Balls

Note: This thread is 6553 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
Donald and I joking told the TaylorMade reps when we were at the ball launch in April that the balls worked great, but we couldn't putt with them at all (Sergio jokes). When I ran a putt five feet past the hole once, I said "look at all that extra distance!"

Anyway, by now you've probably read my exhaustive and glowing review of TaylorMade's new balls.

Today, I took out some TP Red (I'm nearly out of TP Black) and played some golf with them. I found out that my first joke wasn't as much of a joke as I thought. I've always lined up the word "Titleist" with my line, using the fact that the capital "T" is bigger than the smaller "t" at the end as a fudge factor. In other words, I can't always get the logo pointed exactly on the perfect line, so my routine has always been:
  1. Set the ball down with the logo as close to the line as I can get.
  2. Go behind the ball to check the line. If it's a little left, I aim across the "top" of the word "Titleist." If I'm right, I aim across the bottom.
  3. Stroke a confident putt.
I can't do that as well with the TaylorMade balls. I tried to do this today, but the word "TaylorMade" (and worse yet,

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

funny you have a problem with using the "other line"... I use the other line on the ball for line up ( "TP / RED", or "PROV1x" text ) and I DO want them to be as straight as possible.
Then of course you can go over board and use the "tiger's line'... I do that sometimes if I'm not lazy.

doesn't the PV1 (not sure with the PV1X) have that nice little text with the pointers/carrots at the end of the text to line up your ball. Does the TM ball have like a similar text on the other side?

• Administrator
doesn't the PV1 (not sure with the PV1X) have that nice little text with the pointers/carrots at the end of the text to line up your ball. Does the TM ball have like a similar text on the other side?

Yes, it says "

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I'm looking forward to trying these, but the straight logo won't be an issue. I've gone away from using a line on the ball. I find I get too fixated on lining it up. I seem to putt better turning up a blank area of the ball and concentrating on the hole. As always, I could all be in my head, but if it works ...

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
--Groucho Marx

Note: This thread is 6553 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!