IGNORED

Where do you find good deals on used/practice balls

rckwd
Note: This thread is 5489 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I actually lucked out this winter, I got ~3000 used range balls for 400$ from a friend who was selling all his range equipment and closing his range (a lot of work for very little $$$). I picked out all of the ones which looked to be in great shape (about 500), and im keeping the rest for our annual Canada day party at our cottage. 2500 balls to drive into the water should be a good time and make for some drunken laughs (and lost clubs in the ocean im sure).

The good ones are my practiced balls. We own a 4acre field in back of our home, so most of them will end up there, over and over. Not looking forward to picking them up.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

I actually lucked out this winter, I got ~3000 used range balls for 400$ from a friend who was selling all his range equipment and closing his range (a lot of work for very little $$$). I picked out all of the ones which looked to be in great shape (about 500), and im keeping the rest for our annual Canada day party at our cottage. 2500 balls to drive into the water should be a good time and make for some drunken laughs (and lost clubs in the ocean im sure).

Man that would be ablast hitting them balls into the ocean like that...seeing as I have never ben on the ocean .... LOL

I too have large pastures around my house; I keep one bush hogged real low to hit balls into. I would have a permanent back arch picking up balls if it werent for my shag bag. If you dont already have one I would advise you get one...they are a back saver.

Shag bag??

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

that thing is awesome!!!!

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

http://www.lostgolfballs.com/

you can usually find free shipping coupons that really help keep costs low.

In my Staff bag:
Bazooka HP-5 Driver 460cc
Bazooka OS HP-5 3/5 Woods
Jmax QL Irons 5-PW (Graphite Stiff Shafts)
X-tour Gap Wedge 52* X-tour Sand Wedge 56* Lob Wedge 60* Rossa Daytona 1 Putter

You can also check out www.knetgolf.com . Once you sign up for their emails they will often send you good deals. Right now they have a deal going on for 20% off everything for a limited tim (30% off everything for Canadian customers).

I currently play with a few guys from UK and when I mentioned a shag bag one day they thought this was hilarious. One of them decided to get one and went to local Golf Galaxy. He couldn't find one so he asked for help but was afraid to say "Shag Bag" so he was describing it. When the salesperson said the term he and his wife busted out laughing.
Driver: SQ DYMO STR8-Fit
4 Wood: SQ DYMO
2H (17*), 4H (23*) & 5H (26*): Fli-Hi CLK
Irons (5-6): MX-900; (7-PW): MP-60
Wedges (51/6*): MP-T Chrome; (56/13): MP-R ChromePutter: White Hot XG 2-Ball CSPreferred Ball: e5+/e7+/B330-RXGPS Unit: NEOPush Cart: 2.0

I know this doesn't really answer the question, but I just rotate my used balls to the shag bag. I used to include balls found on the course, but really don't even have to do that because I just don't lose practice balls faster than I add new ones.

But then, I'm not hitting full shots in a field......primarily putting, chipping, and sand practice for me.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I know this doesn't really answer the question, but I just rotate my used balls to the shag bag. I used to include balls found on the course, but really don't even have to do that because I just don't lose practice balls faster than I add new ones.

Its funny how fast you can loose 100 balls when you are hitting into a pasture. But then again its equally amazing how good the mower is at finding them.

I buy my practice balls from a local golf shop that sells them in potatoe sacks. If I remember correctly, I paid $35 for 750 balls. I just hit them out into a field or before a round if their are woods around.

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

I buy my practice balls from a local golf shop that sells them in potatoe sacks. If I remember correctly, I paid $35 for 750 balls. I just hit them out into a field or before a round if their are woods around.

WOW!! Do you think they would ship them?

Another vote for eBay...
What's In My Stand Bag...
Driver: R9 TP 9.5*
3W: R9 15*
Hybrid: Rescue Dual TP 2H 16*
Irons 3-P: MP-62Wedges: Vokey 52* & 58*Putter: 34" Newport StudioBall: Pro V1x

I have bought and like the pro v1 practice balls. They are new and about 30 bucks. I use them to play. They are on tgw and highly recommend. Pro v1 for nxt price.

Brian

Note: This thread is 5489 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!