IGNORED

What golf ball to use?

Note: This thread is 5465 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

In my short time playing golf, I've progressed from TopFlite *whatever* to Noodles to Titleist DT Solo to TopFlite D2 Feel to Nike Ignite to Bridgestone e6+ to Callaway HX Tour 56 to Nike Platinum. But my new favorite definately as to be the TM TP Red LDP. I think this is the ball that I am going to stick with for a long time.

RZR Hawk 9.5

Diablo Tour 3W

RZR X Hybrid 21
09 X-Forged 4-P
X-Forged 52/56/60
Byron Morgan 007

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

TM TP Red LDP.

On sale at my Walmart now. I think they were around $17 or $19. Definitely under $20.

HX Hot Bites - $19. Srixon U-Something, gold box -$15.

I'm down to a 10 handicap. At this rate, I'll get to scratch at 90 years old!

Really? Are you sure it's not the Burner TP LDP instead? The best price I can get right now is 2 dozens for $55. I gotta stop by Walmart and check.

On sale at my Walmart now. I think they were around $17 or $19. Definitely under $20.

RZR Hawk 9.5

Diablo Tour 3W

RZR X Hybrid 21
09 X-Forged 4-P
X-Forged 52/56/60
Byron Morgan 007

Can anyone help me out by distinguishing the differences in the Gamer and the Top Flite D2 Feel? Thanks in advance.

In the bizzag...

Driver--TaylorMade Burner 9.5*
3W--TaylorMade Burner 15*
Hybrid--TaylorMade Burner Rescue 19*Irons--Maltby KE4 Tour(4-PW)Wedges--Cleveland CG14(52,56,60)Putter--Wilson CI1Ball--Nike One Platinum

D2 Feel is definately softer. Gamer is supposed to have more bite/spin but I never find that to be the case. Personally D2 Feel is a much better ball than the Gamer overall. D2 Feel=over achiever, Gamer=underachiever.

RZR Hawk 9.5

Diablo Tour 3W

RZR X Hybrid 21
09 X-Forged 4-P
X-Forged 52/56/60
Byron Morgan 007

I respectfully disagree. I played both today as usual. The D2 Feel is a real good ball but definitely feels like a 2-piece, albeit a real good soft one. I like them.

For me, the Gamer is longer off the tee and spins a ton more off the short irons. If there is a better 3-piece ball for under $20.00 I would be shocked. This is truly a great low priced player-type ball. I love them!

Really? Are you sure it's not the Burner TP LDP instead? The best price I can get right now is 2 dozens for $55. I gotta stop by Walmart and check.

Sorry man. I was there again today. You are correct they are the Burner TP LDP's.

The Blacks and Reds were $27.50 a dozen

no one plays with the pinnacle gold fx long. for the money, you cant go wrong. little shy off the tee, but love the feel off my a30s...

Thanks for all the suggestions

In my TerraFirma X Bag
360 Ti 10.5° Driver
FT-i Squareway 15.0° 3w
04 Big Bertha 19.0° 5w
04 Big Bertha 4-9, PW, GW +1/2" Irons Vokey Spin-Milled 56°10° SW C02 Milled 35" Putter Contour Shoes and SofJoy GlovesA mix of NXT and Laddie Xtreme balls

Having done some looking (these balls are way my golfing time) they seems to have been pretty good in their time...But I seemes to be a consistent comment, that they degrade over time....And I would say that these are atleast 10 yrs old!
It's the indian, not the arrow! But it sure is nice to have good arrows!!!!!

Driver : r7 Limited 9.5* Matrix Ozik X-Con 5.5 (Reg) | Fairway: 906F4 15.5* (Reg) | Hybrids: DWS Baffler 3/R 20* (Reg) & Baffler Rail H 4-H 22* (Reg) | Irons: AP1 5-G (Reg) | Wedges: SW - SM56-10 & LW - SM60-04 | Putter:.....

The old Titleist DT Wounds used to be my basic fodder.

You're reaching back a few years, though. Top Flite changed the golf ball world when they came out with the highly popular mantle layered balls.....everyone else followed suit....goodbye wound balls.

I'll bet some really spinny balls will be coming out again...as a result of the groove ruling.

909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

I hit alot of diffrent balls, Mostly Pro V's, Nike One. I use Titleist DT roll alot too beacuase i get them free.

But Ill use anything that isnt Top Flight, I MEAN ANYTHING, rock, old score cards rolled into a round shape.

Aerolite III bag
MP600 10.5*
F-50 15*
MP57's Project X 5.5 3-PW
CG10 56* RAC 52* 60* 2 Ball putter ProV1/ProV1X Blackberry Storm GolfLogix

I used to play the Titleist DT Wound 90's years ago.

They do degrade over time.

Great ball back then.

What's the deal with the Titleist Tour Prestige balls at COSCO?

Anyone know what kind of balls they are?

The D2 feels are good balls. They have a soft feel and have more spin that alot of other 2 piece balls.

spP33d, if you play a 2 piece ball on occasion, you should try them, seriously.

I don't know this for a fact, but I think the Tour Prestige replaced the former DT So/Lo. It plays a lot like the So/Lo and somewhat like the NXT Tour. Now this is NOT the same Tour Prestige that Phil played with when he was still with Titleist, before the Pro V1's came out.

I'm guessing that because they no longer make the So/Lo. Now they only have the DT Carry and DT Roll. The So/Lo was my favorite ball when I first started playing. I still have about 6-7 dozens of them left.
What's the deal with the Titleist Tour Prestige balls at COSCO?

RZR Hawk 9.5

Diablo Tour 3W

RZR X Hybrid 21
09 X-Forged 4-P
X-Forged 52/56/60
Byron Morgan 007

Note: This thread is 5465 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!