IGNORED

High Trajectory w/ 09 Burner

Note: This thread is 5482 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Try teeing up lower. You can vary the launch with tee height and ball position.

R9 SuperTri 10.5*
Exotics XCG-3 4W 16.5*
Idea Pro 18* and/or 20*
i15
X-Tour 54/60PM Trinidad TP Black LDPAll in a SCB and MicroCart

I'm somewhat tall (6'2"), so the longer shaft helps me in that nature.

I also shoot the same driver, and I'm also tall like you. (6'4") Often time this problem is cause by your swing path being to steep, something I struggled with for awile. Before you go spending the money on shafts get yourself on the range. Practice taking your club back low and slow . Also focus on cocking your wrists farther into your take away. If you take it back steep, you will bring it in too steep. I also find it hard to belive you slice with this driver... with the longer shaft and it being only a 49 gram... pretty much takes the right side of the course out of play for me. I have to focus like a brain surgeon to shape it to the right. Hope this helps, low and slow is working for me.

Thanks for all the replies. I tried a few things and I am starting to get some improvement. I played baseball for a longgggg time growing up, and that has a lot to do with my slice I believe.

I'm going to look into these shafts and see what I can figure out. I"m going to go to our local golf store next week sometime and I'm going to talk to those guys there and see what I can get figured out.

I figured up I think I am losing at least 50 yards each drive. With the ball going so high and my killer slice, I'm only hitting around 210-220.

In my Nexos Bag

Burner Driver 9.5*
Burner fairway 3 wood
755 Irons Tri Spec S Shafts 585 19* Hybrid w/ Aldilia NV S Shaft 3DX 23* Hybrid Tour 58* wedge CG 12 56* Wedge NCX-Ray Alpha Putter

Thanks for all the replies. I tried a few things and I am starting to get some improvement. I played baseball for a longgggg time growing up, and that has a lot to do with my slice I believe.

Yeah, baseball is hard to switch over from. It can be done though. Really focus on keeping your weight on your toes and finishing with your body weight over your left foot. Totally backwards when your body is used to baseball.

Talking to a pro/getting a leason would always be a good idea. I still wouldn't go messing with your equipment untill you get a few things figured out with your swing. Good luck.

Yeah, baseball is hard to switch over from. It can be done though. Really focus on keeping your weight on your toes and finishing with your body weight over your left foot. Totally backwards when your body is used to baseball.

I def want to get some lessons. I just need to find the right person to get to teach me. I'm sure if I get this swing figured out, I'll be a lot more accurate and I'll get way more distance off the tee.

Thanks for all the help.

In my Nexos Bag

Burner Driver 9.5*
Burner fairway 3 wood
755 Irons Tri Spec S Shafts 585 19* Hybrid w/ Aldilia NV S Shaft 3DX 23* Hybrid Tour 58* wedge CG 12 56* Wedge NCX-Ray Alpha Putter

Note: This thread is 5482 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!