IGNORED

Drama

cougar978
Note: This thread is 5466 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Cougar,

Golf has a long tradition to uphold, and serious golfers bear responsibility to maintain a wonderful game that has yet to degrade to brawls, rowdies, and sefl-absorbed behavior. In an increasingly discourteous and selfish world, the golf course can be a haven for civility -- but that requires such behavior from each of us. Sure, there may those who play that don't respect the game, but that is never a reason for immature or churlish behavior by you or anyone else, should you choose to honor the concepts of sportsmanship and admirable actions.

Your descriptions of your afternoon reminded me of a another person, Byron Nelson. I respected Byron Nelson as an inspiring person. I cannot imagine he would have had thoughts that went anywhere near where you were. He was an example for others to follow. I ask of myself, am I an example? Are you?

No, I am not one to lecture people in general -- but if this note causes you to take pause and reconsider what this game can mean to you, then the hesitancy with which I write it is worth it. I leave you with an additional thought... you may not be the best judge of who is or is not a snob. I know I cannot tell from just a few observations of anyone. I do know acts of intolerance when I see or hear them, and intolerance is a burden that will just make life harder for you or anyone else.

Ignore this post, blow it off, or write a steaming reply... it really makes no difference to me. The only difference in life can come when someone reconsiders their own world and makes conscience decisions to learn from their own experiences. Was your day really so much better becasue of how you reacted to the events that happened, or could your day have been much better with different choices? I cannot answer that one. Only you can do that.

RC

I take it you're not married nor will be for awhile, if you are I am terribly sorry for your wife. You are the reason people go to private country clubs to play golf. Where they don't have to put up with "punks" and can simply enjoy the game for what it's worth for them.

If you take golf to seriously you will never make it far, you have to relax and enjoy the game

In The Bag:
Driver: r7 460 (9.5)
Fairway Woods: r7 CGB Max (3,5)
Hybrid:r7 CGB Max
Irons:AP2Wedges:Vokey Spin Milled Tour Chrome (52/8, 56/14, 60/4)Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Balls:Pro V1x 2009

Note: This thread is 5466 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!